The studio ADI Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can't compare a super limited piece (ADI) made by artists based in LA with US rates, with a very large edition product (P1/CP) made by chinese factory with chinese rates. First piece takes 12 to 16 weeks to be made, each time. Second one is made by an army of people assigned to one or few repetitive tasks. And it won't take them 16 weeks to make 1 dog...but way less. Considering this, both pieces are stunning for what they are.

If you like it and can afford it > buy it
If you don't like it or can't afford it > don't buy it

end of discussion, no?

you can't compare a super limited piece (ADI) made by artists based in LA with US rates, with a very large edition product (P1/CP) made by chinese factory with chinese rates. First piece takes 12 to 16 weeks to be made, each time. Second one is made by an army of people assigned to one or few repetitive tasks. And it won't take them 16 weeks to make 1 dog...but way less. Considering this, both pieces are stunning for what they are.

If you like it and can afford it > buy it
If you don't like it or can't afford it > don't buy it

end of discussion, no?

Good Post!

Two totally different pieces. From production to shipping! Yet similar. However the ADI piece is next level. Both pieces are amazing end of discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well aren't you the party pooper. Lol!

Lol
Regarding this dog no.
I always said that I loved their work but
I was just pointing out that the Queen head was not the one from Resurrection. They confirmed it and modified their description so now I'm fine with that. The work itself is still awesome.
:)

But thanks for the reminder yes, I will edit the previous posts to add this fact.

This newest picture from ADI shows more of the fine paint detail.

IMG_1468cc.jpg

Well, from that image alone, coolprops/P1s one obviously has more details than ADI's, and sharper.
Not saying those details are correct or not, but just more sculpt details.
Of course we can compare, the same character from the same movie based on the same scale and in the same statue category.

Another video posted on Tom Woodruff Jr.'s instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQSdWRnt7y/

Regardless of price, here is an accuracy comparison. Carefully look at the ridging on the upper back of the left arm between the ADI and the P1. Notice a difference? The ridging was done differently on the back of the left and right arms of the original clay sculpt (done by Chris Cunningham/Halls) and no surprise,the ADI captures that original sculpt detail. P1 made the ridging symmetrical on the back of both arms. There is none of that variation on the P1. Perfect symmetry doesn't exist in nature,which is why many experienced artists make those small types of variations. It's more natural.

BTW, that variation in particular is present on all the original ADI maquettes and even the Sideshow version that ADI worked with them to produce.

So pretty much what I said, ADI has accuracy while coolprops/p1s has more fine/sharper sculpting details.

True. Alien 3 Runner is throughout asymmetric. All details are genuine on each side, sans the tail, that is mostly symmetrical.

So pretty much what I said, ADI has accuracy while coolprops/p1s has more fine/sharper sculpting details.

The sculpted details differ on the CP/P1,but what is the CP/P1 using as reference? If it's not accurately detailed to what they are using as a reference,then what's the point? They changed molded details that should not have been. The original CP sculpt actually had the previous mentioned detail correctly molded.P1 changed it as well as other details. Why?

Paint washes will also help bring out detail.

The sculpted details differ on the CP/P1,but what is the CP/P1 using as reference? If it's not accurately detailed to what they are using as a reference,then what's the point? They changed molded details that should not have been. The original CP sculpt actually had the previous mentioned detail correctly molded.P1 changed it as well as other details. Why?

Paint washes will also help bring out detail.

As far as I know, the details of the fullbody costume is very different from what's on the 1/3 puppet, so personally I would prefer to see the details of costume to be recreated in the puppet, since fullbody costume obviously has more and better details while the puppet has better proportion.
Of course the other people may prefer everything to be the exactly same as the original puppet.
So in the end, totally depends on each individual's preference. The CM predator and wolf LSF are good example, they don't have to be dead-on accuracy to be grails.

If you're like me and have an interest in knowing about the artists that actually work on these ADI Artisan pieces, here are a couple pictures that have been previously posted of Yuri Everson doing paint work on ALIEN3.

He also produces his own incredible aquatic life pieces!
https://www.instagram.com/h2originals/
https://www.h2originals.com/

It's ADI artist Jon Miller seen fitting pieces of the maquette together in this previously posted video.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlEYDX9gefD/

He's done some awesome miniature work!
https://www.instagram.com/jon_k_miller/

C6PCrouXMAASQPg.jpg

Alien_3_feet_extensions_for_the_alien_costume_being_airbrushed_by_Yuri_Everson,.jpg

My mistake on the crew ID,I thought they were two different badges from different movies,but both were for Santa Claus 2. The ADI/puppets threw me off. Too much caffeine!

'Tis the Season to buy some ADI. The doggy would make a great stocking stuffer!

46541534_2113658572025348_7127398938172216392_n.jpg

Thoughts and prayers might help. �� Seriously, fingers crossed for a lottery win.

The lifesize newborn is pretty damn amazing but that price, sheesh.

Back