The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it so far. Pretty much just like the books as I remember them. It didn't feel rushed to me. I think the first episode did a good job of introducing the viewers to most (not all) of the major players and set it up as the calm before the storm. All hell is about to break loose. I do think some of the acting was cringe worthy. The actress playing Nora was dull and lifeless. Eph and Setrakian have been cast perfectly.

Someone mentioned the little girl coming home after her funeral. Her father had just came home from the airport. He still had her picture in his hand. He didn't have a funeral for her. The timestamps throughout the episode confirm that all this happened over a ~12 hour period.

Looking forward to more and meeting Fett.

I just reread that part in the book and you are right. No mention of a funeral. I still didn't like her talking though haha.

I don't remember her wearing that dress on the plane though. Isn't it the same girl that had the ear buds on? I didn't understand what was up with the head bashing part at the airport though. Will that be explained in the next episode?

Far as I recall, the girl never spoke in the books, and not in French, but I enjoyed that. Dad was another one of those 'where did they find these actors?' types

Far as head bashing, prevent a vamp by cutting head or destroying brain

but is it the same girl with the ear buds? And I don't understand why he would smash his ass, but not any of those on the plane. Kinda lame that the Wishmaster went out like that so quickly.

Love the books. The 1st ep was really good. Don't know what is up with Sean Austin character-not in the books-but it does add something extra.

Jim Kent was in the books. He was part of the canary team and was the guy who was always on his phone.

Yeah Jim Kent is not a big character, but he's the CDC guy doing all the smoozing with the folks that they needed to smooze with; stuff Eph hated to do in the books.

It was ok. I'll give it another go.

The whole incident seemed off on how it was handeled (not that I'm an expert). Also I didn't feel that any character had any real emotion through the whole thing.

first episode = B-

I finally got around to watching this last night and really enjoyed it. I haven't read the books but I may now because i am very interested.

I just started reading book 3. What weird part are you talking about?

In book 2, I hated the part with:
Spoiler Spoiler:

In book 2, I hated the part with:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

From what I recall in that part, they:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I rolled my eyes during that whole part - rest of the book 2 was excellent

Spoiler Spoiler:

yeah, that would have worked much better; as if that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back