The slippery slope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling building blocks based on M for mature video games to young children is indeed a very slippery slope. What's next, Jenna Jameson dolls for elementary school girls?

This isn't the same thing as the other action figures. Breaking Bad figures aren't adult figures. They are EVIL action figures. Hot Toys Iron Man are adult action figures because they are expensive and require much more care with the fragile parts not to break them.

i say sign it, everyone needs to sign the Kim K petition, show Toys r us the f- up.

Selling building blocks based on M for mature video games to young children is indeed a very slippery slope. What's next, Jenna Jameson dolls for elementary school girls?

This isn't the same thing as the other action figures. Breaking Bad figures aren't adult figures. They are EVIL action figures. Hot Toys Iron Man are adult action figures because they are expensive and require much more care with the fragile parts not to break them.

Call of Duty and Halo Mega Blocks are harmless. They're essentially military/army style building sets.

Breaking Bad isn't evil.

Those mothers are attention seeking hypocrites that probably don't even know how to raise their kids properly.

FxD4RAv.png

Call of Duty and Halo Mega Blocks are harmless. They're essentially military/army style building sets.

Breaking Bad isn't evil.

Those mothers are attention seeking hypocrites that probably don't even know how to raise their kids properly.

I'm not anti call of duty or HALO, but there is a problem when marketing an M rated video game franchise items to children who aren't supposed to be playing M rated games. Otherwise, they wouldn't be rated M. If they deserve to be rated M, then they shouldn't be on building blocks. The license for HALO and COD costs money. The companies wouldn't be involved in this if they didn't think it led to children playing those games.

Any show that glorifies or excuses the manufacture or sale of meth-amphetamines is evil, and you recognize this if you know what evil is.

Evil | Define Evil at Dictionary.com

Evil definition:
"1.
morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked:
evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious:
evil laws.
characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous:
to be fallen on evil days.
due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character:
an evil reputation.
marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.:
" Breaking bad meets ALL of these definitions, and not just one or 2.

It meets definition 1 making and selling it.

The effects of the drug meets definition 2

The character of Walter White certainly meets definition 3, causing misfortune and suffering to others.
He also meets definitions 4 and 5.
So clearly it is an evil show.

These mothers may be attention seeking hypocrites who don't know how to raise children properly, but they clearly do have a point.

apparently this mom got a lot of hate and negative messages... because taking out an action figure and nobody cares, but mess with the bad line of clothing a lot of girls like and people will lose their sh-- and start threatening the lady

she had to close the petition from the hate.

Just read some of the comments in Helen Lovejoy's petition :lol

"I have a grandson and I'd like to see him grow to be a caring person in a peaceful world." :panic:

Bunch of hippies...

Just a question. Has there ever been a 'peaceful' world to live in? Semantics and completely related to chance and where one is born~ yet peace is not guaranteed. Meh the worry over toys seems so First World BS pontification.

From what I read, she just wants them relocated away from the pre-school toy aisle, not pulled from the store altogether. Don't really think that's a big deal, myself. Who cares if it's relocated within the store.

From what I read, she just wants them relocated away from the pre-school toy aisle, not pulled from the store altogether. Don't really think that's a big deal, myself. Who cares if it's relocated within the store.

yeah, this is no assault on the civil liberties.

Back