The Silver Sufer Comiquette video review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh mr green ur an idiot......this piece is truly amazing and dont gimme the bull____ that ur entitled to ur opinion....theres an opinion then there is stupidity

Batfan...I don't know whether you received the memo or not but it's actually acceptable for people to post opinions that are contrary to your own. IMHO Mr. Green regularly post insightful comments regarding various pieces. If he has concerns regarding this piece then as a collector I want to hear them. To be honest he voiced some of the same concerns I have about this statue.

Personally want to hear both sides of the argument when it comes discussing a piece.

Thanks traylorc. I forgot all about this thread lol.

Well then here my side lol this collectible is incredible i personally think its sideshows best comiquette of 2010 SO FAR that will change after spidey carnage and hulk are here lol....If u get a chance buy this baby a true grail !!!!!!!

People might find it..not impressive because it's the silver surfer, but let's be real he is a guy who is silver armored nothing very superb to ad or incredible details like ironman for example. I am a surfer fan and I love the piece I find everything is great about it...sure they could have made it chrome, but I don't want to spend like 1k on a huge chrome statue...

But I can understand what you guys say although I find it totally awesome!

People might find it..not impressive because it's the silver surfer, but let's be real he is a guy who is silver armored nothing very superb to ad or incredible details like ironman for example. I am a surfer fan and I love the piece I find everything is great about it...sure they could have made it chrome, but I don't want to spend like 1k on a huge chrome statue...

But I can understand what you guys say although I find it totally awesome!

thank u>>>>
6364.gif

Still don't see how anyone can find the seam lines so obvious. Unless you're looking for it and it has to be up close, its not obvious at all. All of my friends who've seen that piece were even surprised that I could switch the heads or the arms of that piece, they all thought it was one piece.

I will however concede that the seam on the head is a little obvious if viewed from the side but it doesn't bother me at all. Its my first comiquette purchase from sideshow and I'm more of a bust fan so it says quite a bit for me to buy that comiquette. Heck the iron man mark 6 statue still has me thinking back and forth whether or not to get it, the silver surfer was an instant love. Beautiful piece!

Still don't see how anyone can find the seam lines so obvious. Unless you're looking for it and it has to be up close, its not obvious at all. All of my friends who've seen that piece were even surprised that I could switch the heads or the arms of that piece, they all thought it was one piece.

I will however concede that the seam on the head is a little obvious if viewed from the side but it doesn't bother me at all. Its my first comiquette purchase from sideshow and I'm more of a bust fan so it says quite a bit for me to buy that comiquette. Heck the iron man mark 6 statue still has me thinking back and forth whether or not to get it, the silver surfer was an instant love. Beautiful piece!

6364.gif

Hi, everyone. First post here. :blissy

Thanks, Solidsnake, I also liked your review. So much so, I'll be probably buying the statue even though I promised myself to collect only PFs.

(Then again, a Surfer PF is obviously not feasible, and the 1/4 scale of this Comiquette definitely helps, too. :p)

For future reviews, though, and I hope you don't mind me saying so, I'd recommend you'd try and ton down a bit that 'I mean' filler. Don't be afraid to leave some dead air, so to speak. :)

Anyway, that was both passionate and informative - good job. I hope to see more reviews from you. ;)

Great review, Solid :rock Makes me want to buy this one even more. Might have to keep an eye out for a solid deal.

Just recieved mine today, all I can say is WOW. Also recieved MK 1 IRON MAN maquette, also WOW.

Thanks for the great review, I originally passed this up because of all the interchangeable parts and was thinking of getting it now. The seams on the arm and head are too much of a distraction for me and the review confirmed it.

Ok...I'm big enough to admit it.

I was wrong about this statue. To be honest, when I first saw the Backstage Pass I was really pumped about buying this. Then in hand pics started hitting the forum, and the issues with the seams started to take hold. I didn't have a problem with the seams when I first viewed the piece, but once others mentioned it the whole "seams" issue invaded my brain. From that point on everytime I saw a pic of this piece, or saw it in person, all I could think about is the seams.

Then I saw Solid Snake's review, and afterward I started feeling like I did when I first saw this piece. I was fortunate to find an auction on e-bay and grabbed one for $250 (included shipping).

I just received it today...and I have to admit that it's pretty sweet statue. The seams are not nearly as bad when you aren't trying focus on them 24/7. It's absolutely huge, and the 3 switch out heads and 3 switch out arms provide great flexibility as to how you display this piece.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum. Lots of insightful information, lots of good discussion. But sometimes it's real easy to get caught up in the mob mentality of a thread. No one wants to appear stupid, so if an issue regarding a piece gets heavily discussed it's easy just to jump on board and say "yeah that statue sucks". Sometimes you just have to see a piece for yourself and/or trust your gut feeling.

Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase. :rock2

My Surfer EX #31 came today and this thing is awesome. The seams are a non issue as they are well hidden and tight. Paints apps are great and the Cosmic particle looks is perfect. Anyone on the fence with this piece because of the horror stories about the seams....it's nothing to worry about.

Ok...I'm big enough to admit it.

I was wrong about this statue. To be honest, when I first saw the Backstage Pass I was really pumped about buying this. Then in hand pics started hitting the forum, and the issues with the seams started to take hold. I didn't have a problem with the seams when I first viewed the piece, but once others mentioned it the whole "seams" issue invaded my brain. From that point on everytime I saw a pic of this piece, or saw it in person, all I could think about is the seams.

Then I saw Solid Snake's review, and afterward I started feeling like I did when I first saw this piece. I was fortunate to find an auction on e-bay and grabbed one for $250 (included shipping).

I just received it today...and I have to admit that it's pretty sweet statue. The seams are not nearly as bad when you aren't trying focus on them 24/7. It's absolutely huge, and the 3 switch out heads and 3 switch out arms provide great flexibility as to how you display this piece.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum. Lots of insightful information, lots of good discussion. But sometimes it's real easy to get caught up in the mob mentality of a thread. No one wants to appear stupid, so if an issue regarding a piece gets heavily discussed it's easy just to jump on board and say "yeah that statue sucks". Sometimes you just have to see a piece for yourself and/or trust your gut feeling.

Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase. :rock2

:goodpost: No shame in changing your mind about a piece. I've done plenty of that too. Who cares about what the mob thinks! Congratulations on your Surfer.

Back