The Silver Sufer Comiquette video review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...I'm big enough to admit it.

I was wrong about this statue. To be honest, when I first saw the Backstage Pass I was really pumped about buying this. Then in hand pics started hitting the forum, and the issues with the seams started to take hold. I didn't have a problem with the seams when I first viewed the piece, but once others mentioned it the whole "seams" issue invaded my brain. From that point on everytime I saw a pic of this piece, or saw it in person, all I could think about is the seams.

Then I saw Solid Snake's review, and afterward I started feeling like I did when I first saw this piece. I was fortunate to find an auction on e-bay and grabbed one for $250 (included shipping).

I just received it today...and I have to admit that it's pretty sweet statue. The seams are not nearly as bad when you aren't trying focus on them 24/7. It's absolutely huge, and the 3 switch out heads and 3 switch out arms provide great flexibility as to how you display this piece.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum. Lots of insightful information, lots of good discussion. But sometimes it's real easy to get caught up in the mob mentality of a thread. No one wants to appear stupid, so if an issue regarding a piece gets heavily discussed it's easy just to jump on board and say "yeah that statue sucks". Sometimes you just have to see a piece for yourself and/or trust your gut feeling.

Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase. :rock2

Great post T!

Ok...I'm big enough to admit it.

I was wrong about this statue. To be honest, when I first saw the Backstage Pass I was really pumped about buying this. Then in hand pics started hitting the forum, and the issues with the seams started to take hold. I didn't have a problem with the seams when I first viewed the piece, but once others mentioned it the whole "seams" issue invaded my brain. From that point on everytime I saw a pic of this piece, or saw it in person, all I could think about is the seams.

Then I saw Solid Snake's review, and afterward I started feeling like I did when I first saw this piece. I was fortunate to find an auction on e-bay and grabbed one for $250 (included shipping).

I just received it today...and I have to admit that it's pretty sweet statue. The seams are not nearly as bad when you aren't trying focus on them 24/7. It's absolutely huge, and the 3 switch out heads and 3 switch out arms provide great flexibility as to how you display this piece.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum. Lots of insightful information, lots of good discussion. But sometimes it's real easy to get caught up in the mob mentality of a thread. No one wants to appear stupid, so if an issue regarding a piece gets heavily discussed it's easy just to jump on board and say "yeah that statue sucks". Sometimes you just have to see a piece for yourself and/or trust your gut feeling.

Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase. :rock2

:goodpost: I agree, very good Post :clap

Finally got to watch the review, fantastic job solid snake! I really enjoyed that, thanks for taking the time and sharing it with the rest of us.

I agree the seams don't bother me at all, but I still am not on board with the cosmic Ray hands, overall awesome review and statue!

I agree the seams don't bother me at all, but I still am not on board with the cosmic Ray hands, overall awesome review and statue!

Power I agree with you regarding the cosmic ray hands. I chose not to put those on my statue, as I think the non-cosmic ray hands look better.

Besides, I would be worried that the cosmic ray effect on the hands could accidentally be broken if I attempted to move the statue.

Ok, so I recieved my Silver Surfer in the Mail yesterday #50 EX, my lowest so far! I caved in on this piece bc it was on sideshow webside so long (the EX version) I just had to give in...I gotta tell you, this is one of the finest pieces out there. If you are a Silver Surfer fan and do not have this piece or order it now...you are a failure. The spots where the arms attach are not noticable, and neither is the crease on the neck.

Not only is this piece amazing, but is comes with

3 different heads!
5 different arms!

this is a winner all the way around. I am glad I caved on this one, if your on the fence about this piece go for it.

5 canolli out of 5.

Ok, so I recieved my Silver Surfer in the Mail yesterday #50 EX, my lowest so far! I caved in on this piece bc it was on sideshow webside so long (the EX version) I just had to give in...I gotta tell you, this is one of the finest pieces out there. If you are a Silver Surfer fan and do not have this piece or order it now...you are a failure. The spots where the arms attach are not noticable, and neither is the crease on the neck.

Not only is this piece amazing, but is comes with

3 different heads!
5 different arms!

this is a winner all the way around. I am glad I caved on this one, if your on the fence about this piece go for it.

5 canolli out of 5.

I also have this piece and u just took the words outta my mouth lol

Finally got to watch the review, fantastic job solid snake! I really enjoyed that, thanks for taking the time and sharing it with the rest of us.

glad you liked the review.
such a masterpiece.

I enjoyed the review, but didn't really like that pose of the statue. I think if the bowen silver surfer had more detail, this one would be sitting on sideshows shelfs. I particularly didn't care for the faces, especially the faces.

Back