The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own these the (90lbs versions) so kick ass! Expensive but kick ass.
Sooner or later i'll have to get the upgrade kit when i surpass 90lb each hand.
Powerblocks
Sport%209.0%20Stage%202.jpg

They replace up to 37 pairs of dumbbells. So with someone that works out at home and wants extra room, they're awesome.

I found them wobbly with all the extra pieces it picks up for the heavier weights

I found them wobbly with all the extra pieces it picks up for the heavier weights

Wanna feel wobbly pick up a pair of bowflex selecttechs. It was between these and those for me and the bowflex is junk compared to these.(plates actually fell off) Mine are not wobbly, but i have yet to get the upgrade to 130, i think it will be fine. But even at 90 a piece all is good. Best investment i have made.

Now i just need to bust through a chest plateau so i can get the upgrade :)

I had a nice full-body workout today, but when I went to jog later, my legs were so exhausted from working out and running over the last few days that I could barely make 2 miles. Figure I should rest a couple of days? In the past, that is what I have done when my muscles don't function at full efficiency, but maybe it is better just to keep chugging along.

Rest is definitely important, you have to listen to your body. If it's feeling really rough, it might be good to take a few days rest. My weekends are all about that, I take of Saturday and Sunday to refuel and rest.

Today my legs were destroyed from yesterday, so I was thinking that my run would suffer. But I started taking Superpump 250 to help me to get more out of my workouts on chest and arms... and the run was helped a lot too. I felt like I could have ran 4 miles! It was amazing, I felt no pain at all. I did watch my heart rate though, just to be cautious.

I also was able to bench 130 instead of my normal 100, which was a nice surprise. But since today was my start day and I was at a half dose and not the full dose, the boost ran out before I finished my workout.

I was thinking of taking superpump but i don't like stuff with Acesulfame Potassium and Sucralose in it. But it has creatine in it and some other NO2 complex's in it so it should work good for ya. I would take it myself if they had a non-sweetener version.

i'm at 170 on the bench with dumbbells,(weak IMO but dumbbells are harder) i could probably go higher but i have not tested myself.

Rest is definitely important, you have to listen to your body. If it's feeling really rough, it might be good to take a few days rest. My weekends are all about that, I take of Saturday and Sunday to refuel and rest.

Today my legs were destroyed from yesterday, so I was thinking that my run would suffer. But I started taking Superpump 250 to help me to get more out of my workouts on chest and arms... and the run was helped a lot too. I felt like I could have ran 4 miles! It was amazing, I felt no pain at all. I did watch my heart rate though, just to be cautious.

I also was able to bench 130 instead of my normal 100, which was a nice surprise. But since today was my start day and I was at a half dose and not the full dose, the boost ran out before I finished my workout.

Is you like SP250, try this https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html and you'll never look back, it's by far the best I've ever tried out of the N.O. family.

I was thinking of taking superpump but i don't like stuff with Acesulfame Potassium and Sucralose in it. But it has creatine in it and some other NO2 complex's in it so it should work good for ya. I would take it myself if they had a non-sweetener version.

i'm at 170 on the bench with dumbbells,(weak IMO but dumbbells are harder) i could probably go higher but i have not tested myself.

Krayt so 85's on each hand right? That really isn't terrible, it takes a lot of stabilizing muscles to even do the exercise, you're pretty close to maxing out ur dumb bell set.

My goal before the end of year would be the 150lbs dumb bells, I think I might be pushing it if I get it this year to be honest. I would of never of thought to even touch those a few years back. My old gym (Bally's) was max'd out at 110lbs dumb bells and then I switch to Gold's where I saw the 150lbs, ever since then it's been a goal of mine. LOL, it's crazy to even think that I'll probably be weighn 170's ish and pressing close to 150lbs in each hand while some of these monsters that weigh 230-250lbs push the same amount of weight. It just goes to show u by eating right and getting in the right foods what you maximum potential could be.

Just wait til bulkn season son, I see lots of personal best being broken either this year or early next year.

Is you like SP250, try this https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html and you'll never look back, it's by far the best I've ever tried out of the N.O. family.

I just put myself in for a free sample of that, along with a lot of their other products. So I will definitely let you know how it works out, I'm pretty excited to give it a shot. :rock

As far as dumbbell bench, right now I am doing 55's in each hand. Most I have ever done in my life was 110's in each hand back in the Navy.

Damn Josh, your muscles are pretty strong. I'm benching like 40lbs right now, combined :lol Started out with 10lb dumbells until I got the exercise unit cleaned off.

Let me ask you guys another question--how much less effective are machines than free weights? I use machines for the most part because I don't have a spotter, but I know that the "bigger" guys in the gym use the free weights more. Is it just using a bit of extra muscle to maintain control that makes the difference, or is there something else? I did the "chest presses" (essentially a bench press) yesterday, and 3 sets of 10 at 160 pounds, I believe. I wonder what that translates to with free weights?

I just put myself in for a free sample of that, along with a lot of their other products. So I will definitely let you know how it works out, I'm pretty excited to give it a shot. :rock

As far as dumbbell bench, right now I am doing 55's in each hand. Most I have ever done in my life was 110's in each hand back in the Navy.

They have creatine and BCAA's which are the best I've tried from any of the other products as well. Green Mag and Purple Wrath are their names, I've not gone back to anything the market has with Nitric Oxide or creatine. They truly make good products. I super bias on BSN products since they got sued from taking out CM3 out of their product and reformulating it, then Ronnie Coleman drop them as a spoke person :lol

Machines take away added muscle use. Free weights and even working with spotters still requires your body to do more work.

Say you're doing bench press, with a machine, it's stable and all your body does is left up and down, with free weights, your arms also have to keep the weights in a stable motion as you lift, a bit more work.

I don't think using a machine is that dramatic a loss and if nothing else, I think if you increase the weight it can balance out.

I'm getting effective work out of a machine, I workout at home with no spotter so I need it.

Let me ask you guys another question--how much less effective are machines than free weights? I use machines for the most part because I don't have a spotter, but I know that the "bigger" guys in the gym use the free weights more. Is it just using a bit of extra muscle to maintain control that makes the difference, or is there something else? I did the "chest presses" (essentially a bench press) yesterday, and 3 sets of 10 at 160 pounds, I believe. I wonder what that translates to with free weights?

Machines are a perfect to start off with and get your form down. One of the benefits of the machines is that you can go higher with out the assistance of a spotter and also do drop sets to fatigue your muscle. I use machines to fatigue my muscle after benching, squats, and curls. Bumbells are a great way to compensate for a weak side off your body. When you do to much barbell press or machine when you are being assisted by both hands, one of your side is most likely doing more work then the other.

Krayt so 85's on each hand right? That really isn't terrible, it takes a lot of stabilizing muscles to even do the exercise, you're pretty close to maxing out ur dumb bell set.

My goal before the end of year would be the 150lbs dumb bells, I think I might be pushing it if I get it this year to be honest. I would of never of thought to even touch those a few years back. My old gym (Bally's) was max'd out at 110lbs dumb bells and then I switch to Gold's where I saw the 150lbs, ever since then it's been a goal of mine. LOL, it's crazy to even think that I'll probably be weighn 170's ish and pressing close to 150lbs in each hand while some of these monsters that weigh 230-250lbs push the same amount of weight. It just goes to show u by eating right and getting in the right foods what you maximum potential could be.

Just wait til bulkn season son, I see lots of personal best being broken either this year or early next year.

That is a good weight for your size.

I weigh 230ish, in good condition and I use 75kg dumbbells for incline flyes.(8-10 rep range). I dont do dumbbell press anymore as the 75kg is the biggest in the gym.
I dont train anywhere near as heavy as I used to and I think Im getting the best results possible from "natural" training.
Do you compete in natural shows then?

Back