The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't even have to do with working out, the most motivating and inspiring part of the story, which is really only covered in 1 and 6, is that it's not about winning or losing, but setting out to prove something to yourself and prove that it can be done.

That's why Rocky is what gets me through my workout, not so much his workouts, but because Rocky himself to me stands as a symbol of someone being told by the world he won't ammount to something and him proving to himself and the world, I am something, and I will be more something that you'd ever imagine. Which is my journey, for all the times I ever got made fun of or rejected for being overweight and everything, I'm putting my foot down and making a statement that I can be better than that and more than anyone would ever give me credit for being able to be. Lot of people would label me as someone who'd always be like I was, and I intend to prove them wrong, that I can be anything I want to.

Nope, nothing beats this, NOTHING not even "Eye of the Tiger" I have all the Rocky soundstracks, every morning sons :rock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/90msi32ZJUg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/90msi32ZJUg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2:21 is where it starts for me :rock :rock :rock

MAN THIS JUST GETS ME PUMPED and I'm returning from the gym today :lol

I'm going in a few minutes, i'm psyching myself up. I was going to cop out, been one of those unmotivating days, but I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize and do it anyway because it's worth something to push on.

It doesn't even have to do with working out, the most motivating and inspiring part of the story, which is really only covered in 1 and 6, is that it's not about winning or losing, but setting out to prove something to yourself and prove that it can be done.

That's why Rocky is what gets me through my workout, not so much his workouts, but because Rocky himself to me stands as a symbol of someone being told by the world he won't ammount to something and him proving to himself and the world, I am something, and I will be more something that you'd ever imagine. Which is my journey, for all the times I ever got made fun of or rejected for being overweight and everything, I'm putting my foot down and making a statement that I can be better than that and more than anyone would ever give me credit for being able to be. Lot of people would label me as someone who'd always be like I was, and I intend to prove them wrong, that I can be anything I want to.

Agreed, it's not exactly the working out part but it's inspiration of what you said anything can be accomplished and nothing comes easy but by hard work and determination the story is like lighter fluid to fire.

I'll use my famous quote that I've always loved.

"Winners are losers that get pissed da ^^^^ off!!!"

I'm not the biggest Transformers geek or anything, but for some reason, whenever this one pops up on my IPod shuffle, it gives me an extra boost :lol :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0QgjwxPZxWo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0QgjwxPZxWo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I honestly have no idea why :confused:

Apart from this, I find that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Queen almost always help me to push myself just a little harder. Harder stuff doesn't do it for me.

I'm not the biggest Transformers geek or anything, but for some reason, whenever this one pops up on my IPod shuffle, it gives me an extra boost :lol :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0QgjwxPZxWo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0QgjwxPZxWo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I honestly have no idea why :confused:

Apart from this, I find that Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Queen almost always help me to push myself just a little harder. Harder stuff doesn't do it for me.

Another great piece, "U've Got the Touch" HUGE TF FAN!!!!

I think I find Rocky 6 most inspiring personally because, and it feels sad to say, I relate to 60 year old Rocky the most.

For different reasons, his challenge is, is my body and heart capable of achieving this. Even though our reasons differ, the end goal is the same, and much like him, at the start it wasn't easy, I struggle for easy things, can't do some things, but the harder I work, I can finally achieve.

Two things I picture when I think of succeeding, climbind the stairs, and the part in Rocky 6 training when he gets the weights up over his head after striking out like 2 or 3 times, finally achieving what seemed unachievable.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WoLVWvqEwzs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WoLVWvqEwzs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think that's what motivates me so much about Rocky, is that he's always been about beating the odds and proving that he could do something nobody ever dreamed he could.

I know that in my life, I would tell my parents and brothers that I was going to the gym and they would laugh. They'd say, "Yeah right... Maybe for a week or two and you'll quit." Nobody ever really believed I could do that. They also didn't think I could make it in the Navy, but I did.

So I use that philosophy in my life, if someone says I can't do it... I always want to do it even more.

With my Conan fixation, I think that I am inspired by Conan because he made the best of ^^^^ty circumstances. Even though his village was destroyed, and he was put into slavery... he fought. He could have allowed himself to die pushing that wheel, but he didn't. He could have allowed himself to be killed in the arena, but he didn't. He kept pushing against impossible odds until he had everything he wanted in life.

My life started out like that, and continued to be that for many years. I lived in poor conditions, have gone without many things, lost a parent, grew up with an abusive step mother, been jumped and had weapons pulled on me... the list goes on and on. But I made a choice to rise above that and keep going. And I'm just glad I finally am putting that philosophy to use on my body as well. I want to be the best I can be, even if I came from ^^^^. Nothing is impossible.

270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

you guys rock!:rock:rock:rock:bow:bow:bow

felt strong today, 1 cup of oatmeal a hour before my workout, NO-xplode just before workout. benched 275 x 10, 295x 8 ,315x 6, 345x 3 and just to see if i could get it 365x1and got it ,maybe copuld have done it twice, but with no spotting on any of these didnt want to take the chance. just thought i would share this today

I just met my next goal of breaking in to the 160s today. I got the skates last night and was much faster then I was before which is exciting.

I am glad we have this thread to help push each other to a better life style as it is encouraging.

felt strong today, 1 cup of oatmeal a hour before my workout, NO-xplode just before workout. benched 275 x 10, 295x 8 ,315x 6, 345x 3 and just to see if i could get it 365x1and got it ,maybe copuld have done it twice, but with no spotting on any of these didnt want to take the chance. just thought i would share this today

That is quite alot. I am not after those goals, but it would be cool to do once.

I don't really focus on bench pressing just because I believe that I can get more motion out of dumb bells but I leave it for last after pre fatiguing the chest with every else. I can push 405lbs for 1 rep, I haven't started fresh on it but it would something to try it out...

I'm always challenging the dumb bells on incline press, up to 140lbs dumb bells for 4-6, 8 with a spotter, I haven't attempted to go any higher because to be honest those dumb bells are bigger than my torso and weigh close to a person :lol

Last edited:
I love the dumbbells a lot more for chest too, here I was thinking I was crazy for doing so. Not many other guys in the gym do it. And it works better for me, as I go alone. So I can do the lift until failure without any issues.

I did leg day yesterday, and DAMN my legs are sore today. Not bad, but a good sore. I gave them Hell yesterday.

Today is Chest/Back. Just took my protein shake, am going to clean up a bit before I go, let my stomach settle.

I love the dumbbells a lot more for chest too, here I was thinking I was crazy for doing so. Not many other guys in the gym do it. And it works better for me, as I go alone. So I can do the lift until failure without any issues.

I do those a lot to! Makes me use those stabilizer muscles papo!!! :rock

Any of you guys use free weights on those big exercise balls? My brother tried to get me to do it once, it's supposed to help more as it uses other muscles to balance on the ball but I just couldn't multi-task that way.

Back