The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the weightlifters here, does this make sense.

I can work 3 times as much weight with my triceps as my biceps.

I can see that being possible because it's a much bigger part of the arm that most ppl don't realize. Most are able push more than pull.

But yeah the tricep is basically almost 3/4 of ur arm.

I think it greatly depends how many muscle fibers are actually in ur triceps versus biceps but in truth it should out weigh the bi's by far.

Just seems so strange, in theory it seems like biceps are front half, triceps back half, but clearly not, and apparently my pre-lifting activity kept the tris stronger than the bis.

who has a fast metabolism here!?...how the hell do you bulk up without cheating!?....I'm 5'7" and weigh 120 lbs. According to most internet sites I visited, I'm underweight...so any tips from anyone?

p.s.
I eat for three people...no jokes..

Definitely not me, but I've seen that happen, I had a football team roomate my sophomore year of college and they wanted him to bulk up, but no matter what he tried, he just couldn't add much weight on.

Well, I might have more work cut out for me than I think.

I punched in my weight on a site to see what I should be, and it says someone of my height and frame should be 215-230lbs and I was aiming at 260. If I get to 260 and don't look like what I want, I guess I'll keep going.

who has a fast metabolism here!?...how the hell do you bulk up without cheating!?....I'm 5'7" and weigh 120 lbs. According to most internet sites I visited, I'm underweight...so any tips from anyone?

p.s.

How old are you? That plays a major factor

Ski, thanks for the tips, my meta burns fairly fast, maybe Ill give the morning cardio a go

p.s.

Age does play a role here, if ur super young then u'll just have to wait :lol ur body is probably a burning machine.

U basically eat any of these at a calorie surplus, water and good fats help along with some casein shake at night which will tide u over til the morning.

egg whites
ground turkey
lean steak
fish
yogurt
non fat milk
cottage cheese
almonds, nuts
veggies, broccoli
fruits (apple, blue berries, bananas)
sweet potatoes
white potatoes
oats
brown rice
wheat pasta

LOTS OF WATER

edit: eating a combination of the following to make my meals keeps me so full and to eat about 2500-3000 calories of this kind of foods is A LOT OF FOOD

Ill, I'm not sure if you already are, but try running with a knee brace on your bad knee, I find wearing one keeps my knees from feeling it when I run.
Yeah, I definitely do. I only need it on my bad knee, it helps it feel stable and secure and really helps take a lot of the shock out of the running.

Ski, thanks for the tips, my meta burns fairly fast, maybe Ill give the morning cardio a go

np buddy :rock anytime I don't mind to help out fellow freaks on something I've been doin basically my whole life. I love helping out ppl obtain their fitness goals. Wish I didn't do it during some of my workouts but I get attacked at the gym with questions on different exercises I try out and what do I eat for my competitions.

MP3 player has been my savior a few years back to avoid eye contact and remain focused :lol

Yeah, I definitely do. I only need it on my bad knee, it helps it feel stable and secure and really helps take a lot of the shock out of the running.

That's why I do it, since running with it, it feels like for some reason I was twisting or bending my knee in weird ways making it hurt before and the brace helps keep it moving properly.

just turned 24...I tried gym(3 hours every other day!ugh), diet(au naturel), I bike roughly 16 kilometres back and forth every other day and Wii sports for half an hour and yet, still the same!..I gave up trying!...

edit: how much calories should an adult eat everyday!?...is 2500-3000 normal!?:confused:

Last edited:
just turned 24...I tried gym(3 hours every other day!ugh), diet(au naturel), I bike roughly 16 kilometres back and forth every other day and Wii sports for half an hour and yet, still the same!..I gave up trying!...

edit: how much calories should an adult eat everyday!?...is 2500-3000 normal!?:confused:

How long did you keep this up for? Also calorie intake depends on your body and what kind of calories you put into it. Are there lot of empty calories going into your body? Are you taking in a lot of bad fats (saturated and trans fats) and refined sugars? Only take in good fats (poly and mono unsaturated) and natural sugars found in fruits. What kind of foods are you putting into body? Working out is just a small portion. Diet is much greater. Physical activity just defines your body and tells basically where you want the weight to distribute to. When are you eating? If you eat too much before you go to bed, then that's bad. Many people tend to skip breakfast and in between meals and that lends itself to over eating later in the evening when all your physical exertion is at an all-time low during the awake cycle.

Always eat within 20 minutes of waking up. I eat before I shower. I pee, wash the hands and try to feed the cats before I eat... but I shower and take care of the rest of my daily business there after.. breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Also taking in several smaller meals throughout a day is better than the typical three large meal setup most people have, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Body should never go without no longer than 2 to 2 1/2 hours without food. That way your metabolism never slows down. It turns the food into energy and fuel and burns it off vs. storing it as fat, protecting itself from starvation. Many people lower their metabolism by not eating as often. They think by eating less times in a day, and one good large meal later in the day attributes to weight loss. If anything it can attribute to weight gain. Always make certain your last meal is taken a good 2 hrs prior to bed time. Remember, you're not gonna burn too many calories laying in bed.

Also, don't add salt to your meals. Chances are you're taking in enough sodium in most of the prepared meals you take on. Salt is not only bad for your blood pressure, but also acts as a water retainer. Your body gives the illusion it's more fatter and softer in appearance because you're holding more water, and it can even push fat out. Believe it, you don't just lose fat when you diet (when done properly), but also excess water.

I recommend not even having salt in the cupboard.

Although salt and sugar water (Gatorade) stuff like that is good for your electrolytes. It helps to hydrate you on long runs.

Age does play a role here, if ur super young then u'll just have to wait :lol ur body is probably a burning machine.

U basically eat any of these at a calorie surplus, water and good fats help along with some casein shake at night which will tide u over til the morning.

egg whites
ground turkey
lean steak
fish
yogurt
non fat milk
cottage cheese
almonds, nuts
veggies, broccoli
fruits (apple, blue berries, bananas)
sweet potatoes
white potatoes
oats
brown rice
wheat pasta
growth hormones
clembutoral

LOTS OF WATER

edit: eating a combination of the following to make my meals keeps me so full and to eat about 2500-3000 calories of this kind of foods is A LOT OF FOOD

Corrected!
:naughty :peace

I tease! *hides*

My diet when it's at its best...

Salmon - Omega 3 fatty oils

Gives your skin a glow. Probably one of the best natural foods you can take in that acts as the best for anti-aging. Makes your hair healthier. Nails stronger. It's good on so many levels.

Flaxseed oil

Lean skinless boneless chicken breasts, washed of the sodium (that helps retained the age)

Tuna (granted it does have a high mercury content)

Bananas for potassium

Pomegranates and blueberries for antioxidants

Whole grain and whole wheat breads/wraps (lower on the glycemic charts and doesn't give you an insulin spike like white breads will)

If you have to take in pasta, make it whole grain or whole wheat.

Try staying away from milk. We're the only species in the world that drinks milk from another animal.

Drink plenty of H20. That's water for you pixeltwins and rorys out there.

If you have to eat eggs... eat Omega eggs, that are produced my grain fed chickens that have a lot of room to roam and aren't pumped full of steroids.

Some dairy is okay. If you have to take in margarin, make it butter. It has a lot of good fat.

As do nuts, old fashioned peanut butter. Never take in regular peanut butter as it has hydrogenated oil. Very bad. Nuts and peanut butter is good for energy.

With jams.. don't eat jams with pectin. Great article of that here - https://www.foodproductiondaily.com/Supply-Chain/Pectin-Providing-solutions-for-healthy-foods

Wild rice opposed to white rice. I like brown balsmati rice.

Eat lots of veggies. Green peppers, red peppers. Browselprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, lots of greens... apparently green veggies help against certain cancer genes that lay dormant inside all of us. I love yams (sweet potatoes) and hot peppers.

Green tea and red wine in moderation can be very healthy. Red wine can thin out blood, making it easier for the heart to process it... antioxidants present.

There are a lot of great foods out there that are healthy. Some that I am sure skiman has mentioned.

Last edited:
We're the only species in the world that drinks milk from another animal.

Ummm, and what about cats? They love cows milk if they can get it. I bet a dog would drink it if you gave it to one to try. So what if we are the only species that drinks another animals milk. There's heaps we do that other animals can't. Do you have something against the bovine? Yeah, well everything else you said was good, but I'm afraid you let me down with this prejudiced remark.

Ummm, and what about cats? They love cows milk if they can get it. I bet a dog would drink it if you gave it to one to try. So what if we are the only species that drinks another animals milk. There's heaps we do that other animals can't. Do you have something against the bovine? Yeah, well everything else you said was good, but I'm afraid you let me down with this prejudiced remark.

Uhhh, where do you think cats get the milk from? Us humans. Silly ass.

You let me down at hello.

Heres my schedule-
7.30 am - 2.5 mile run on the treadmill
8.15 am - Breakfast (eggs/toast/banana/multivitamin)
10.30 am - Ab training (120-150 crunches)
10.45 am - Protein shake (low carb)
12.30 pm - Lunch (potatoes or pasta/fish or chicken)
2.00 pm - Gym - Weights session
3.30 pm - Protein shake (moderate carbs added) Baked potato with tuna
6.30 pm Dinner - Chicken or fish with small amount of rice or pasta
9.00 pm - Abs again

This is what I do now, when I was competing, I used alot more supplements like creatine and hydroxycut...

I may compete as a senior in a couple of years time.Its hard to leave it behind. My training partner came 3rd in the amateur mr.universe last year and its very hard to watch someone else doing it after youve stopped.
Im just glad I kept training hard after I stopped competing.

Back