The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been to the gym in about 2 years. The personal trainer came to my house and helped me work with my own equipment.
That's a luxury I don't have. :( I am most likely going to invest in a treadmill, we had one but it was old and gave out on us.

...And great news Ill! I hope it works out for you man. It's not so bad going alone, I love it. And I get done with my workout in about 2 hours instead of 3 or 4 with a partner. :D
Thanks, I just need to 'hit the ground running' now so to speak. :D

Hey guys, just wanted to throw my two cents in:

I do Wrestling for almost a year now but had a very bad accident in January where I almost broke my neck. Anyway I am back in training now. I will have my very first fight around this time next year. My weight at the moment is 70 kilos (yeah, I know lightweight *lol*), fat % is 8... My aim is to be at around 85 kilos one day but I doubt that this will be happening within the next 12 month. Therefore I decided to set the bar a little lower. My aim is now to gain 5 to 8 kilos within the next year and finally THE sixpack. Heres my training schedule:

Monday: gym
Tuesday: Wrestling (every 2nd week)
Wednesday: gym
Thursday: Wrestling (every 1st week)
Friday: gym
Saturday: every 1st week swimming, every 2nd week Wrestling
Sunday: every 1st week rest, every 2nd week Wrestling

I do not use creatin as I read a few negative things about it but I do use protein shakes on a daily basis. I eat 4 times a day, no more fast food... :(

Getting a six pack, lots of hard work.

Man, and maintaining it.. whew... I have been fortunate to have an exposed six pack for as long as I have, but I definitely want to rip up more so I can bring it out more. One year it was intense... I had the best abs at one competition.. my six pack was so well defined. I miss those days. :monkey2

Actually since health and fitness are my No. 1 priorities in life, I have been pondering starting a thread like this for a while.

I have been training for six years now and have competed in amateur body building.

I try to keep my body fat percentage low, which guys like Skiman will tell you is a detriment to building bigger, much more thicker and denser muscle. Right now with school starting in just over a week (8 days), I figure it's more important to focus on that vs. trying to make significant size gains. I am more-so just in maintenance mode. I will never ever drop running and weight training. In fact, I want to get back into martial arts/boxing, and even b-boy stuff. What can I say, anything that keeps me physically active, I am all for it! :rock

My diet consists of water, lean chicken breasts, salmon, tuna, fruit (especially blueberries and pomegranates for antioxidants), vegetables, Omega 3 yogurt, jam, old fashioned peanut butter (no hydrogenated oils), cottage cheese, flavoured rice cakes, whole wheat breads (not much), oatmeal, whey protein, granola bars, blueberry pancakes (mmmm), and egg whites. I don't have salt in my cupboards. There is enough sodium in my food as is.

I work out five to six days a week. Not every one of those days is running or weight training. I also know it's important to let your body rest.

Geeee zusssss, where have I been for this thread and it's so freaking huge, so many post in so little time, I tried to read all of post but I just skipped to the back once I made it to 5/18/2009.

edit: I'm basically built like the Mike Brown dude, only I don't have to eat tons because of the metabolism because I'm hella older than 22 yrs old. :lol

I have been jogging off and on, trying to keep my weight stabilized, to keep my heart healthy (heart disease runs in the family), to keep my migraine headaches away (it works!), and most of all--to keep myself feeling good.

Sometimes tough to do in south Louisiana with all the humidity, heat, and bugs, but I've kept at it, and I jogged for an hour the other night, which is nearly my personal best record. For a fat-boy like me, I feel that's pretty good. Not quite ready to run a marathon or anything, though.

My main issue with keeping in shape is my diet, but I love good, but bad-for-me food too much to change much on that front.

I have been training since I was 18 which has been since 1996 which is basically 13 years ago and I complete in bodybuilding shows. This year I plan to compete in the Missouri Naturals around July 12.

dbod10.jpg

Basically I'm at 180lbs 5'8 and at 10% bodyfat, I actually went down this week to 9% bodyfat and weighed the same amount which is good because I want to maintain the muscle while stripping the fat. By July 12 hopefully I will be around 178lbs and 4% but we will see. I will not step on stage unless I am 4% though. It will have to wait until a whole nothing year of training. This is my method to my madness and it's been working quite well for me.

My day as in routine starts M-F and SS, so 7 days a week roughly I'm at the gym but I train differently whenever it's off season and whenever it's competition season. I will get up at 4 a.m. in the morning and on empty stomach I will fast while doing cardio for 45-60 minutes. Sometimes it's elliptical, sometimes it's the stair master or maybe job a couple miles at a medium pace. It's all low intensity cardio so I don't burn the muscle and slowly deplete the fat.

I'll go to work in which I have a desk job and eat my meals... as of right now this is what it looks like...

10 egg whites
1 scoop of protein
.5 cup of almonds
.5 cup of oats

2 scoops of protein
.5 cup of almonds

1 turkey burger (ground turkey 99% lean)
1 cup of broccoli
.5 cup of almonds

1 turkey burger (ground turkey 99% lean)
1 cup of broccoli
.5 cup of almonds

training:
I will do two body parts a day, usually it flows like this:
*cardio will be every morning and every night after weight training*

M-shoulders/tri's, cardio PM
T-quads/calves, cardio PM
W-cardio AM, abs, rest
T-chest/bi's, cardio PM
F-back/hamstrings, cardio PM
S-cardio AM. rest
S-cardio AM. rest

(4 oz steak london broil)
(1 cup of broccoli)

Once comp gets closer I will switch this to 10 egg whites, soon it will be just protein, ground
turkey, egg whites and water for the comp diet and then eventually cut out water...

2 scoops protein shake whey protein

2 scoops casein protein shake

btw 2.5 gallons of water throughout the whole day.

signat10.jpg

Last edited:
Once I get my body fat down a good bit, I am going to start using something to bulk up a bit. I'm taking it one step at a time right now. First I just want to get to reasonable weight, get my BMI down and then I will go all out to gain size.

Surprisingly, I've been packing on muscle with what I've been doing so far. But I am eating a lot of protein to give my body something to use. And I had a lot of dormant muscle that was waiting to be "reactivated". So I think I got lucky.

Once I get my body fat down a good bit, I am going to start using something to bulk up a bit. I'm taking it one step at a time right now. First I just want to get to reasonable weight, get my BMI down and then I will go all out to gain size.

Surprisingly, I've been packing on muscle with what I've been doing so far. But I am eating a lot of protein to give my body something to use. And I had a lot of dormant muscle that was waiting to be "reactivated". So I think I got lucky.

DA, try to keep building muscle even though u will be trimming down, it will pay off at the end brother. Believe me it's way harder to go the other way to strip and them build than currently building while losing the fat at the same time.

I'm not sure ur background on lifting and how long u've been lifting but mostly whenever a body is new to cutting or eating clean they will grow at the same time even though the lbs go down, well you want to grow by eating the high protein diet that you are currently doing but also less food or cleaner foods if you will. Don't lose all the weight without building at the same is what I'm trying to say, you be that much ahead whenever u cut.

edit: from what I highlighted though keep it up, looks like ur on the right path

I don't want to be jacked, my goal is to not be fat and to have good definition.

ryan_reynolds_me_02.jpg

Ideally something like this. I have a completely different build so the result won't be the same exactly, but that's the gist of my goal, when you see my arms you'll see healthy muscle, you see my chest you see pecs not man boobs, you see my stomach you see a six pack or something close to it instead of a kegger. Basically, i just want to look like a healthy person, which I haven't been for 3/4 of my life.

Last edited:
I weight train and am trying to take it to the next level.

Recently i've been taking every set to failure. I've heard this is bad to do on your CNS and can actually hinder growth. So should i not take every set to complete failure hold back one or two reps? (don't feel like i'm working as hard when i do this) Or just take my last set to fail.

example my chest day is like this:

4 sets flat press 6-10
4 sets incline press 6-10
4 sets flys- 10-12
12 total sets.

so just take the fourth set to fail or not even every workout?

(my goal is hypertrophy, then strength, all while cutting:))

I weight train and am trying to take it to the next level.

Recently i've been taking every set to failure. I've heard this is bad to do on your CNS and can actually hinder growth. So should i not take every set to complete failure hold back one or two reps? (don't feel like i'm working as hard when i do this) Or just take my last set to fail.

example my chest day is like this:

4 sets flat press 6-10
4 sets incline press 6-10
4 sets flys- 10-12
12 total sets.

so just take the fourth set to fail or not even every workout?

Failure sets for me basically is a quick change to throw a wrench into the routine. Basically u don't want to do this every time because ur right it will have impact on the system and I will continue to getting harder to train and u'l almost punish the muscle to where you can't come back and re tear the muscle again for recovery.

Lift heavy or moderately heavy to ur liking and then pick one exercise that you like the best and blow it out at the end. Don't worry about going heavy and only getting reps in sets like 10-8-6-4, that last set where u can barely do 4 or right after that set jump in and do the burn out, that's where the food and diet comes into play in repairing the tissue and coming back stronger that next couple days you eat and rest.

edit: I always been told by other bodybuilders while training when I was young to go heavy no matter what on either a cut or bulk because that way you won't lose strength nor muscle. By not going heavy you will not gain strength and ur basically telling the body that it doesn't need to exert or doesn't need the strength or muscle to continue to do the work.

Hope that helps... :eek:

Failure sets for me basically is a quick change to throw a wrench into the routine. Basically u don't want to do this every time because ur right it will have impact on the system and I will continue to getting harder to train and u'l almost punish the muscle to where you can't come back and re tear the muscle again for recovery.

Lift heavy or moderately heavy to ur liking and then pick one exercise that you like the best and blow it out at the end. Don't worry about going heavy and only getting reps in sets like 10-8-6-4, that last set where u can barely do 4 or right after that set jump in and do the burn out, that's where the food and diet comes into play in repairing the tissue and coming back stronger that next couple days you eat and rest.

Ok so just one set to failure then? hold back 1 or 2?

I was lifting heavy in the 5-6 rep range cause i wanted strength. But i want hypertrophy more so i bump it up to 6-12 which is ideal for mass i hear. I just feel that when i lower the weight and do more reps i'm not working as hard lol.:duhMy diet and ^^^^ is spot on i'm just trying to find the best size/strength program.

Ok so just one set to failure then? hold back 1 or 2?

I was lifting heavy in the 5-6 rep range cause i wanted strength. But i want hypertrophy more so i bump it up to 6-12 which is ideal for mass i hear. I just feel that when i lower the weight and do more reps i'm not working as hard lol.:duhMy diet and ^^^^ is spot on i'm just trying to find the best size/strength program.

Yea keep it at one set and that being the last set to failure.

Increase the weight and keep it low volume, u can still grow with the higher volume but not really increase in strength.

Oh and go fast or cut the rest periods, you should definitely see the difference then. If you were resting 30 seconds between sets make it 20-25 and then faster while still going heavy. On a cut it's almost like maximum output with as lil of the clean foods which ur diet is spot on.

It's basically like doin cardio with weights but works phenomenally.

Once the intensity and rest periods change I notice a lot of ppl, including some of my friends at the gym while I show them something different, feel the difference of training heavy and fast intensity.

They normally cannot lift as heavy as they were and have to drop down a few pounds on the barbbell/dumbbells.

My weight that i do is already hard for me there's no way i could do 30secs. i have been resting 2-3 mins between sets in the 5-6 rep range, and 1-2 mins in the 6-12 range. And that's been going good.

But it's the failure thing that gets me, if i can do 5 reps of DB press max with the heaviest weight for me- is that considered failure? Or is it trying to get the 6th rep up and failing? Cause i don't want to tax my CNS if that's what i've been doing.

I don't want to be jacked, my goal is to not be fat and to have good definition.

ryan_reynolds_me_02.jpg

Ideally something like this. I have a completely different build so the result won't be the same exactly, but that's the gist of my goal, when you see my arms you'll see healthy muscle, you see my chest you see pecs not man boobs, you see my stomach you see a six pack or something close to it instead of a kegger. Basically, i just want to look like a healthy person, which I haven't been for 3/4 of my life.

Maul,
U'll be able to accomplish this alone by eating clean and not worry about what macros to take P/C/F protein/carbs/fats

Eating clean along with 3-4 days at the gym, while maybe 3 cardio sessions of half an hour would get u there in 3-6 months for most, depending on where the starting point would be of course.

How are your eating habits?

Maul,
U'll be able to accomplish this alone by eating clean and not worry about what macros to take P/C/F protein/carbs/fats

Eating clean along with 3-4 days at the gym, while maybe 3 cardio sessions of half an hour would get u there in 3-6 months for most, depending on where the starting point would be of course.

How are your eating habits?

Well, my current workout schedule is about an hour, 30 minutes of running, 30 minutes or so of weight lifting.

I'm 6' 4" tall. I started my working out at 314lbs, currently down to 293.

My eating habbits are pretty basic. Right now, I'm not awake for breakfast so I start my day with lunch, usually a couple sandwiches and a banana, maybe mix it up with some leftover chicken. Dinner's usually a typical 3 course meal, meat, potatoe or pasta, and a vegetable. I have a glass of orange juice to start and end my day, milk with each meal, drink all water the rest of the day, usually around 3-5 glasses. I don't eat snacks and I don't eat later than 7pm.

My weight that i do is already hard for me there's no way i could do 30secs. i have been resting 2-3 mins between sets in the 5-6 rep range, and 1-2 mins in the 6-12 range. And that's been going good.

But it's the failure thing that gets me, if i can do 5 reps of DB press max with the heaviest weight for me- is that considered failure? Or is it trying to get the 6th rep up and failing? Cause i don't want to tax my CNS if that's what i've been doing.

Ahhhhhh, yeah I would strongly decrease the rest periods, it will make it much harder. My stamina is through the roof along with strength because of this it does take sometime but well worth it in the end. Just take ur time with it and drop off a minute and then another one the next week, u'll be amaze my friend trust me. U'll feel like a machine by the time u get use to it. Then what freakishly happens, you'll increase in weight :horror kid u not. :lol

Being that there's only one set to failure you be ok, just don't do that on every set. Yes keep going to they drop or at least have a spotter there that can push u up a few times in order to tap the muscle out completely. That would be key.

Ahhhhhh, yeah I would strongly decrease the rest periods, it will make it much harder. My stamina is through the roof along with strength because of this it does take sometime but well worth it in the end. Just take ur time with it and drop off a minute and then another one the next week, u'll be amaze my friend trust me. U'll feel like a machine by the time u get use to it. Then what freakishly happens, you'll increase in weight :horror kid u not. :lol

Being that there's only one set to failure you be ok, just don't do that on every set. Yes keep going to they drop or at least have a spotter there that can push u up a few times in order to tap the muscle out completely. That would be key.

Even with heavy weight take little rest? (wow goes against everything i've heard) I'll try it :)

Ok only one set to failure then out of 12? Got it. hope that helps my muscles, they're probably overworked.

I gotta go for a bit but thx for the info, i'll check back later.

:peace

Well, my current workout schedule is about an hour, 30 minutes of running, 30 minutes or so of weight lifting.

I'm 6' 4" tall. I started my working out at 314lbs, currently down to 293.

My eating habbits are pretty basic. Right now, I'm not awake for breakfast so I start my day with lunch, usually a couple sandwiches and a banana, maybe mix it up with some leftover chicken. Dinner's usually a typical 3 course meal, meat, potatoe or pasta, and a vegetable. I have a glass of orange juice to start and end my day, milk with each meal, drink all water the rest of the day, usually around 3-5 glasses. I don't eat snacks and I don't eat later than 7pm.

How many times to get to the gym?

Looks like the eating habits are pretty good man! :rock Of course the morning if the most important time to shed. Every tried morning cardio? I've always done the morning "fast" on empty stomach and that drops lbs dramatically. Basically because we are at ground zero whenever we wake up and all the food is digested so there's no carbs in the way of burning muscle. Straight tapping of the fat whenever we wake up and do activity. It's rough at first on empty stomach but again you get used to it.

Back