The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a new running outfit and my first attempt at getting up earlier (4am) to start my routine - fail (got some good sleep though).

I will be doing my big work out later today so I might go for a quick run after.

Heres my schedule-
7.30 am - 2.5 mile run on the treadmill
8.15 am - Breakfast (eggs/toast/banana/multivitamin)
10.30 am - Ab training (120-150 crunches)
10.45 am - Protein shake (low carb)
12.30 pm - Lunch (potatoes or pasta/fish or chicken)
2.00 pm - Gym - Weights session
3.30 pm - Protein shake (moderate carbs added) Baked potato with tuna
6.30 pm Dinner - Chicken or fish with small amount of rice or pasta
9.00 pm - Abs again

This is what I do now, when I was competing, I used alot more supplements like creatine and hydroxycut...

I may compete as a senior in a couple of years time.Its hard to leave it behind. My training partner came 3rd in the amateur mr.universe last year and its very hard to watch someone else doing it after youve stopped.
Im just glad I kept training hard after I stopped competing.

Hydroxycut product is now discontinued. They are in big trouble. 11 known death cases due to the product... speeds up the heart too much.

I just bought a new running outfit and my first attempt at getting up earlier (4am) to start my routine - fail (got some good sleep though).
I'm not a morning person. Ideally, running in the morning would be best for me, as I work through the day, and would like to have my evenings to relax, but. . .I can't do it. I feel like crap when I try to run in the morning, and it just turns me off to it, to the point where I just don't do any exercise.

I feel most like running around 5-7 pm, so that is when I usually do it. Plus, I get that endorphin kick that helps me relax for the last few hours of the day.

I'm not a morning person. Ideally, running in the morning would be best for me, as I work through the day, and would like to have my evenings to relax, but. . .I can't do it. I feel like crap when I try to run in the morning, and it just turns me off to it, to the point where I just don't do any exercise.

I feel most like running around 5-7 pm, so that is when I usually do it. Plus, I get that endorphin kick that helps me relax for the last few hours of the day.

Hey man that's normal, don't worry about it, u'll end up feeling like crap in the mornings but u have to plug right through the feelings, after some more time it will kick start your day and the days u don't do it u'll feel like something is missing throughout ur day or that ur just not as energized.

It's normal at the beginning when tryn to do cardio in the mornings, try on empty stomach without food as well for more results.

Damn! I was wondering why I didn't see it on shelves anymore. I used to use that stuff too, back in the Navy. :horror

Yeah the maHung and guarana extract is the dangerous stuff they put in fat burners, whenever I was in college and working for GNC, fat burners are the number one seller. A cup of coffee or a couple caffeine pills is actually safer for u without getting the jitters and making the heart race and raise the blood pressure.

I've never used a fat burner for any of my comps.

Yeah, I already am "addicted" to the point where I get real antsy around 5 every day, and have to get out and jog, so I know how that can get. I know the body adapts, but I just hate the mornings, always have :monkey4

Still, I might try it again at some point.

Scary stuff, glad I stay away from it now as well.

And Karamazov, I'm with you... I can't work out in the morning. I am a horrible morning person, it takes a lot for me just to get up at all. Not to mention I would probably make myself late every day from poor time management. :lol

I do all of my workouts mid day or afternoon.

Yeah, I already am "addicted" to the point where I get real antsy around 5 every day, and have to get out and jog, so I know how that can get. I know the body adapts, but I just hate the mornings, always have :monkey4

Still, I might try it again at some point.

Scary stuff, glad I stay away from it now as well.

And Karamazov, I'm with you... I can't work out in the morning. I am a horrible morning person, it takes a lot for me just to get up at all. Not to mention I would probably make myself late every day from poor time management. :lol

I do all of my workouts mid day or afternoon.

Yeah I understand bros it is a lifestyle change, myself I was never a morning person and always stayed up late during my college days. I had to force myself in order to go to bed around 9:00 and get up at 4:00 but once I did I never looked back, of course the weekends I kind of take easier and get up around 7, imagine that, I'm sleeping in til 7:00 :lol Never thought the day would come.

All I can say is give it a try again and give it some time because it is really hard at first but the days I don't do cardio now really drag and seems like the whole day just smudges through instead of flying by. Eating regular every few hours always makes the days go by much faster. Bigger, badder, stronger, leaner and well rested is the goal/key!

Damn! I was wondering why I didn't see it on shelves anymore. I used to use that stuff too, back in the Navy. :horror

My Dad used to use it and he had a heart attack after a few months of usage. It wasn't the only factor but it was definitely what pushed him over the edge. I don't use any of those kind of supplements anymore and he doesn't either.

I think I'm getting that "Workout High" now though. I've worked out everyday since Sunday and four out of the seven days last week. I actually couldn't wait until this morning to do it again, I woke up before my alarm....I actually feel like working out again when I get home :lol

My Dad used to use it and he had a heart attack after a few months of usage. It wasn't the only factor but it was definitely what pushed him over the edge. I don't use any of those kind of supplements anymore and he doesn't either.

I think I'm getting that "Workout High" now though. I've worked out everyday since Sunday and four out of the seven days last week. I actually couldn't wait until this morning to do it again, I woke up before my alarm....I actually feel like working out again when I get home :lol

Yup that's the bug and The Mike has it! It's a great feeling whenever you get consistent and start working out moderately.

A lot of ppl call my workouts an obsession but they do not understand the natural high about feeling good and what it does for prolonging your life.

*of course turning a hot chicks head is always nice but that's besides the point* :lol

Ive noticed alot of supplements get banned in the US long before here...

I havent used hydroxycut since I was competing a long time ago. I wouldnt recommend supplements like that for fitness and general weight loss anyway.

Yeah, I love that feeling. I have had it now for the past few weeks and it really is a motivating factor. I wake up and think about it, and I go to be thinking about it. Coupled with the fact that I am dropping like a pound almost every day, it's really keeping me excited about doing this.

And sorry to hear about your Dad, I'm glad he and you both are staying away from that now. I tend to stay away from them now too, thanks to the stories and my own experience. I would just rather use my own natural energy or dig deep and make it happen anyway even if I am tired.

As for working out early, I'm lucky because I don't have a job... But once I do get into the workforce again, I will have to do the morning gig. I am NOT looking forward to it, but I know it has to happen. :lol

Yes and No. You plateau eventually. It works in ebbs and flows. Take a while to drop even a pound then you lose fast usually into the double digits and then plateau and have to fight for the next few.

I used to take Thermadrene, it worked but was worse then speed pills, if you took it after 5:30 I wouldnt sleep all night

Another bad one is that red Line drink..

:lecturefat burners aren't that great IMO. considering most people don't thoroughly read the labels, they end up misusing them and causing damage. i saw a guy drop dead in front of me on a run at ft bragg. my wife was managing the gnc at the px at the time. the investigators went to her about hydroxycut and the like. it later came out that he od'd on it. the best thing i've tried for slimming love handles and such is CLA. it makes you poo a bit more but not a lot, it's basically an acid that metabolizes body fat. thankfully it's not like that allai stuff that makes you leak pizza grease from your balloon knot.:dump

Fat burners and supplements and stuff scare the ^^^^ out of me because I always hear about people dying from them. I never really looked into them too much because I'm not looking for outrageous results, I'm sure not *all* of them are bad.

It has begun!!! Today marks the beginning of (hopefully) a healthier more fit me. I have said this to myself many times before, but this time I am comitted to losing weight and getting healthy. :rock

I went for a run/walk today to test my knee and it went pretty well, there was a little pain at first but it felt good after a while. I ran for a bit and walked for a bit, but man the run parts were pathetic! :lol I know that will all change once I build my stamina, but man my lungs were on fire! :D

I weighed myself today as well...oooooh boy...I came in at 270. :( A lot of people tell me that I carry it well, but I don't want to ^^^^ing carry it well, I want to slim down and tone up damnit and that will be my ongoing goal. I will be running working out every other day for now and once I get used to it go more frequently, I just know it's gonna be kinda hard 'til I get there. I'm glad I have you guys to keep me going. :rock

Lets all wish Israel does his best and reaches his goals!

Israel is a smart capable person who can do whatever he sets his mind to.

I am on your side as I am sure everyone else!

:rock :rock :rock

Back