The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do jump rope with my leg routine. It adds to to the work out and keeps the heart rate up.

I was wondering though if anyone does their workout out side, as I do not have a gym and have been doing everything at the house. It is now over 100 every single day so the workouts are getting more and more interesting.

I jog and jump rope outside pretty frequently. Here in south Louisiana, that certainly adds another dimension to the workout, particularly when I get out there before 6 or 7 pm.

On another note, I've lost 5 pounds over the last month or so. Eating better, and feeling better. I hope I can keep it up.

I was wondering though if anyone does their workout out side, as I do not have a gym and have been doing everything at the house. It is now over 100 every single day so the workouts are getting more and more interesting.

:wave I do Adam, and we are getting hot here in Vegas -- my daily 3 mile run is getting pushed back later at night, right now I run about 7:30 pm. :wave

Any of you jump rope? I've been doing this a couple times during the week, just to add something different to my regimen. I try to do 4-5 sets of 100 jumps, and that gets pretty rough for me. But a guy on another forum told me that he did the following, with 30 second breaks in-between:

50 reps, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 175, 150, 125, 100, 75, 50

But that's over 1,500 jumps I think. I can't possibly imagine doing that, and I don't think I'm in bad cardio shape.

Also, I went out of town on vacation over the weekend, and ate like a pig, but it was vacation, so I don't care :rock

Use to for calisthenic work whenever I played basketball in HS and college but not anymore. I guess because I don't use those muscles in that way anymore. Mainly building fast twitch muscles for power/strength. I can tell that my endurance does lack whenever I start running a few miles but I really only run whenever I feel that the elliptical cardio machine is getting too easy.

Any of you jump rope? I've been doing this a couple times during the week, just to add something different to my regimen. I try to do 4-5 sets of 100 jumps, and that gets pretty rough for me. But a guy on another forum told me that he did the following, with 30 second breaks in-between:

But that's over 1,500 jumps I think. I can't possibly imagine doing that, and I don't think I'm in bad cardio shape.

Also, I went out of town on vacation over the weekend, and ate like a pig, but it was vacation, so I don't care :rock

Ive added this recently also, but my shins and calves are killing me the day after. I try to go for a minute straight, then rest a minute.

I do jump rope with my leg routine. It adds to to the work out and keeps the heart rate up.

I jog outside nearly everyday. Summer in Texas is so nice.:lol:lol:lol

The thing that would always get me on jump rope wasn't my legs but my arms getting tired.

Keep it up karamazov80 and I will have to check out the DVD.

Doing the workout outside is nice as you are not confined to an area and your own body is an excellent tool in place of weights.

Just a diet question though for those on fitday.com. There are 3 main categories, protein, fat and carbs. What is the basic balance I should be striving for? I am usually protein heavy, but occasionally have high carb days and sometimes high fat days (when I have flavored chicken).

Keep it up karamazov80 and I will have to check out the DVD.

Doing the workout outside is nice as you are not confined to an area and your own body is an excellent tool in place of weights.

Just a diet question though for those on fitday.com. There are 3 main categories, protein, fat and carbs. What is the basic balance I should be striving for? I am usually protein heavy, but occasionally have high carb days and sometimes high fat days (when I have flavored chicken).

Ugh, argh.... :lol :monkey4

Every nutritionist's nightmare, well I can honestly I cannot answer that question only because it's different for everybody and only you yourself now the answer to that. Most ppl start out with a 40/40/20 ratio. Protein/Carbs/Fat but like I said it's different for almost anybody.

The amount of protein is usualy 1-1.5lbs per LBM lean body muscle mass, so that should get you started on how many grams of protein you could be taken. Also depends how what you are trying to do cut/bulk etc... For bulking you can probably go a little higher than what you weigh with LBM. If you are trying to cut and you find yourself not losing anymore weight then the ratio has to change or the intensity of the workout has to change. Most ppl lower carbs at this point. So lets say for example the 180lbs average man is taking in 200 grams of protein, 200 grams of carbs and then 45 grams of fat (45 grams of fat is about the daily intake for average person) then that person would lower his carbs to 150 with the same ratio or even add another protein meal for calories and muscle maintenance.

Here's a awesome link with great information for you to get started and try finding the answers but believe me this doesn't really take in the account what your metabolic burning rate is and how fit you are internally so those factors can hinder/help the ratios on what a good steady fat burner or muscle building diet could be.

Calorie Intake and Ratio Link
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm

LBM Link
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

##################################################################################
Another example they have posted as well.

Continuing with our 200-pound male athlete:

3420 daily cals - 513 fat cals - 720 protein cals = 2187 carbohydrate calories
2187 carbohydrate calories / 4 calories per gram (see table 2) = 547 grams of carbohydrates per day

Our 200-pound adult male athlete is eating a caloric ratio of:

Fat 15%
Protein 21%
Carbohydrates 64%

##################################################################################

Last edited:
I understand it is a loaded question, but my concern is answered that I am cutting my good carbs too low. I mainly get my carbs from oats, carrots, etc and need to improve that portion and continue to bring the fat area down.

I understand it is a loaded question, but my concern is answered that I am cutting my good carbs too low. I mainly get my carbs from oats, carrots, etc and need to improve that portion and continue to bring the fat area down.

Yeah u mean the complex carbs right?

edit: add more of those and take out more of simple carbs. Do u know how many grams u r at now and how much u weigh along with BF%?

Well I tried adding an extra exercise to chest today to see if that extra exhaustion worked
I basically did 5 exercises x 4 sets each
Lets see if this hurts tomorrow night....

Today was a good day, I have upped my cardio this week... so that went well. This week has been different, because it's without any pre workout supplement... so my energy levels are different. I can definitely notice that I don't have the same great boost in the gym as I did on SP250, so I really want to get back on it ASAP.

Still, I had a solid chest and back day. I did it backwards, starting on back and ending with chest. So I think it did the trick, my back is definitely feeling it. I need to take pics too, got some good sun this weekend and it really helps my overall look. :rock

I'm certainly feeling yesterday's step up, particularly my biceps, they feel huge compared to how they felt the day before, I know they've only grow a smidge but it's a nice feeling. One of the best feelings is when I do my forearm excerises now, the vein on the inside of my arm is starting to pop out a bit. I don't want it to be roids looking, but being that I've always been too thick for that stuff to show, it's a nice thing when you have a sign that all your anatomy isn't buried under fat :lol

I'm certainly feeling yesterday's step up, particularly my biceps, they feel huge compared to how they felt the day before, I know they've only grow a smidge but it's a nice feeling. One of the best feelings is when I do my forearm excerises now, the vein on the inside of my arm is starting to pop out a bit. I don't want it to be roids looking, but being that I've always been too thick for that stuff to show, it's a nice thing when you have a sign that all your anatomy isn't buried under fat :lol

Yeah, it is pretty awesome when you can finally see that underneath the fat...there was indeed muscle. :lol

I know I get a kick out of each and every change, especially in the mid section. It's so amazingly fantastic to see the gut disappear. :rock

Back