The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to add them to the end of my workout during my back days and maybe some kind of superset, just to finally tap it all out or failure. I use to workout that way on my back and with the combination of the wide grip pull downs focusing on my lats more than pulling with my arms I should get great results.

I think thats what Im going to do, throw em in at the end

Earlier I was ranting about how a book titled "Sly Moves" was one of the greatest fitness books Ive read I still think that however I had only checked it out at the library I was suprised they had it! Anyway I decided to buy it I couldn't find it anywhere! I ordered it just now...it'll be here July 1st if you want I could review it I doubt you want me to but I'm just offerin my fitness freak friends

Sly_vs_Arnold_1.jpg

Sly_vs_Arnold_3.jpg

fit1.jpg

Sly_vs_Arnold_2.jpg

Greatest Pictures in the History of the World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock

Greatest Pictures in the History of the World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree....it's awesome to see them both together and in their prime. Makes me wish we could have had them both in the same movie just ONCE, that would have ROCKED. :rock

And WSS, I have no doubts that Arnold will try to get himself back into decent shape once he is out of office. Being that he is Arnold and all, I would think he would be upset that his body has lost so much and would want to remedy that. I don't think he will ever get huge again, but I can see him getting back into shape. Maybe he should hit up Stallone and ask for his help, get on HGH and lean up. :lol

As for myself, next week I am doing an entirely new program. I think my old one has gotten stale and my body is accustomed to it. So I am now going to do 6 sets of 6, with weights heavy enough to make me hit failure around 6 for one set. I'll do Chest/abs on Mon, Back/Calves on Tues, Arms/Abs on Wed, Legs on Thurs, Shoulders/lats/Abs on Friday, and of course 40 mins of intense cardio each of those days. We will see if that will shake it up a bit and force my body to respond. :rock2

Well, I've been trying to mix-up my workouts a bit, using heavier weights for shorter sets, waiting less time between sets, even doing some light running of a mile (instead of jogging for 3) and interval running every now and again. I guess this is an experiment, as a kind of "layman's" attempt to create "muscle confusion" or whatever. We'll see how it goes, though I think I overdid it today, feeling like I might pass out at one point. Not sure I should lift weights at all after I kill myself interval running.

And tonight, I ate pizza. Not sure I have to will power to stick to a decent diet, when it is so easy to justify bad habits--"it's Friday night, ^^^^ it!"

Bench is good, it's just not god-like, like some would have you believe. But it's still an important compound exercise.

(both are musts for a good rounded chest IMO)

Well, my current chest routine for the past couple weeks has been:

Flys - 3 sets of 10
Raises - 3 sets of 10
Bench Press - 3 sets of 10

I've still got plenty of fat on my body to burn off, but I can actually feel my pecs starting to take shape beneath it, and even though the fat is still what shows on my chest, it's only about 50% of the mass now, so more muscle growth and fat burn and that last 50% should be gone, I dont' expect it overnight, but it's nice to feel on track.

And tonight, I ate pizza. Not sure I have to will power to stick to a decent diet, when it is so easy to justify bad habits--"it's Friday night, ^^^^ it!"

It's all about what works for you. I had pizza tonight too, and I'll have the left overs for lunch both days of the weekend, but I'll eat it with a salad too.

I'm a person who really enjoys some foods, pizza, pasta, some of the biggest carb stuff you could possibly eat, but I'm not going to cut them out of my life, I enjoy them too much, and fortunately, I'm finding a balance where I can still take them in and keep my excercise moving forward so I don't have to give them up. Maybe I could be making faster progress towards my goals with a radical diet change, but I'm finding a way to have my cake and eat it too, and I'll take that. I'm eating how I like, just smarter, and I'm improving my body. As far as my health is concerned, I'm the happiest I could be, happier than I've been in a long time, so much so I think I might come off cocky or as too much when I talk to some people, I'm just so blown away at this stage by every little change and so surprised that I've done it, I act with my friends like I won a marathon or something. Thankfully at least, the one person that matters most to me in this world is happily enjoying my success with me and giving me smiles and encouragement equal to my enthusiasm.

I still have a long road ahead, but I'm on my way to drastically being something I've never been before and for the first 30lbs, I didn't really feel like I'd ever get there, I was determined, but like other things in my life, i felt like I was chasing a dream and no matter how fast I ran, I'd never catch up.

Using my typical Rocky analogies :lol, I feel like Rocky racing Apollo in Rocky 3. Apollo's my dream, and at first it was blowing past me, but every day I'm gaining on it and gaining on it, and one day I will overtake it and I'll feel as victorious as Rocky did.

"I'm not gonna stop, just a man and his will to survive."

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat, Maulfan. I'm not ever going to be a serious workout guy like Skiman is or some others here are working for. I think it is great that these guys have that much determination, but to me it is just about dropping some poundage, feeling good, and keeping my heart in good shape. As such, I'm not going to stop eating Wendys or drinking some Sierra Nevada when I feel like it. Life is too short. Thanks for enabling, btw :lol

Well that's why I stress not following the posts in here word for word.

We've got a diverse mix of goals being aimed for in this thread, the best use of this place is for encouragement and asking for advice on reaching your goals, but the one thing no one should really is follow someone else's routine exactly because A) they probably have a different goal, and B) even if they have the same goal, no two bodies in this thread are the same, and you have to do what works for your body.

I plan on being just like Ski If not more. :) I got a good amount of muscle, but i want the next level!! When i make up my mind on something it's on, but i realize this is not a race, and i got the rest of my life to do this.

Anyways i tried white flood, and i liked it A LOT! But, too much caffeine, my whole face was tingling from the beta alanine which i really liked. I think i'm just gonna buy that alone without the flood. And i'm gonna stick with Superpump 250. (might try novladex as well)

Looks decent MF maybe do 3 sets flat 3 sets incline along with flys. If i was 6'4 i would be going all out, you could be a ^^^^ing monster. (but if thats not what ya want so be it)

I agree....it's awesome to see them both together and in their prime. Makes me wish we could have had them both in the same movie just ONCE, that would have ROCKED. :rock

And WSS, I have no doubts that Arnold will try to get himself back into decent shape once he is out of office. Being that he is Arnold and all, I would think he would be upset that his body has lost so much and would want to remedy that. I don't think he will ever get huge again, but I can see him getting back into shape. Maybe he should hit up Stallone and ask for his help, get on HGH and lean up. :lol
As for myself, next week I am doing an entirely new program. I think my old one has gotten stale and my body is accustomed to it. So I am now going to do 6 sets of 6, with weights heavy enough to make me hit failure around 6 for one set. I'll do Chest/abs on Mon, Back/Calves on Tues, Arms/Abs on Wed, Legs on Thurs, Shoulders/lats/Abs on Friday, and of course 40 mins of intense cardio each of those days. We will see if that will shake it up a bit and force my body to respond. :rock2

he should do that Sly knows how to get lean with HGH even haha but if arnie was lean...that would be weird lean muscle shouldnt be arnie BIG BULKY SCARY MUSCLE that should be arnies

Well that's why I stress not following the posts in here word for word.

We've got a diverse mix of goals being aimed for in this thread, the best use of this place is for encouragement and asking for advice on reaching your goals, but the one thing no one should really is follow someone else's routine exactly because A) they probably have a different goal, and B) even if they have the same goal, no two bodies in this thread are the same, and you have to do what works for your body.

I agree... That's what is nice about this thread. Guys can come in here and get motivation if they are just trying to shed some pounds, or if they are wanting to go full tilt. It's got a great balance.

I know I am going as far as I possibly can, I want to completely reshape my body and be the best I can possibly be. And I don't mind cutting the bad stuff, but I still allow myself a slip here and there. I had pizza last night. :lol

You should slip once a week (cheat) it keeps the metabolism from adjusting down. Especially when dieting you NEED to have a 3000+ calorie day once a week or so.(to let your body know it's not in a famine) Otherwise you body slows down it's metabolic rate to adjust to your current calorie intake (survival mode) And don't weight yourself the day after lol. (it's just water carb retention) Gotta keep throwing your body curve balls, it's smart and will adapt fast.

On another note anyone know where i can get a cheap squat stand? I workout at home at have my Powerblocks, but i need a squat stand to take those to the next level. I am currently only doing 135lbs for 10 reps 6 sets. (my legs are sore as hell, but i'd like to up the weight and do less sets, and i can't go any heavier without injury if i don't get a proper stand) seen some online but not sure.

workout song of the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eZAqMYat-0

Last edited:
Hell yeah boyees, I like what I'm seeing here, everyone working to get their best body possible and that's what it's all about, that and staying healthy. I think a lot of ppl forget that the number one thing in this is to get in better health, to unclog those arteries, to not walk up a flight of stairs and become winded.

Sure everyone has different goals and sure everyone reaches them differently all I've gotta say is that if you want it that badly to remain constant. Just think whenever we do cheat that we do NOT continue on that road of damage like we did whenever in the past before changing our eating habits and having a active lifestyle. We all have setbacks and such is life my friends, just keep pluggin along and it will happen, never give up like Sean was saying with the Rocky quote.

I'm very proud of everyone here, especially the regulars!!! :rock Well... I myself am about to hit the gym, just ate some protein pancakes minus the syrup and added some vanilla extract with some raisins. Gonna try my workout I had last week that went phenomenal, legs, shoulders, cardio and some abs Vic's Natural style, that dude is a freaking genius!!!!!

edit: THANK YOU Krayt for the workout song of the day, first album to play on my mp3 player while entering the MECCA

LETS DO!!!! DIS!!!!!! TIME TO TEAR IT UP
, now where's my White Flood :lol

Back