The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this option yet:

What if each rendition of Sideshow's Vader contained a voice-chip with specific lines from that rendition's film? Just some examples:

ANH:

1. -Vader Breathing- (All versions should have this, of course!)
2. "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!"
3. "I was but the learner. Now I am the master."
4. "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
5. "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

ESB

1. "You don't know the power of the dark side."
2. "Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son."
3. "Luke, I AM your father."
4. "The Force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."
5. "What is thy bidding my master"

RotJ

1. "You may dispense with the pleasantaries commander I am here to put you back on schedule."
2. "You underestimate the power of the dark side. If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny."
3. "Obi-Wan has taught you well."
4. "You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right."
5. "Obi-Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the dark side! I must obey my master."

Nothing good can come of batteries in my dolls. :lol

I would have the voice chip put in the stand with a button that is easy to push. Having it on/in the figure isn't a good idea but I would be down for an exclusive Vader Phrase display base.

Coco's idea would be the only way to go. Sideshow did voice chips in their Scarface figures and while I'm still not a fan, the non-articulated neck is OK for Tony Montana, but not the Darklord of the Sith. Nothing that inhibits the quality of the underlying figure should be done with any of these figures. Voice chips are novelty ideas but I would never push it all that much on a figure like this or even a Hasbro this day in age.

My wife bought me this and it plays the SW theme when you tilt his head back to open it. I love it but I'm cheezy that way.:eek::D

The Pez dispensers I grew up with were only about 4 inches in height. Yours looks to be about 12 inches... Do you fit multiple packs in them or something?

Edit: I see your response was a sarcastic one. :lol

The Pez dispensers I grew up with were only about 4 inches in height. Yours looks to be about 12 inches... Do you fit multiple packs in them or something?

Edit: I see your response was a sarcastic one. :lol

:lol Yeah I was being sarcastic.:D This is a 12'' tall pez pack dispenser. I think they made them in a C-3PO also.

:lol

My brother bought me the 12" Yoda pez.

Pretty cool it plays SW main theme and some phrases...

Got to be honest though...I don't really collect other SW related stuff, but people still buy me all kinds of SW crap.

flogger350x450.jpg

I saw this at the Exploratorium in SF a couple of years ago; automata are totally awesome.

I made an animated GIF out a video I made of it in action:

The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

What is this "yet", and who is the figure that the yet apparently belongs to?

I think you would loose some mobility if you used hard armor.Stormtrooper figure's have way more armor than a Colonial marine.The colonial's use straps half way around the the leg an the other ha;f is armor.I can't see SS using straps on the StarWars figure's unless it's for the knee and elbow armor,but then it would have to be the kind of rubber straps that HT uses on their Preds..I think if SS used hard armor,thier figure's would end up being more of what HT's figure's are,posable model kits.

I kind of like that your able to reposition the armor up,down,left or right on the legs and arms of the Medi figure's.It gives them more posablity

Besides SS didn't use hard armor on their plastic Boba PF and I don't know if thier going to do the same on thier Biker Scout.I geuss we'll find out when he comes out.

Well, you can still pose a figure with hard armor and you can move the sections around. They would use elastic and straps where necessary, as anyone would... but it would feel a lot less like a toy. Plastic is fine, just solid plastic. And SS DID use hard plastic on PF Boba, it was not soft and flexible. :lecture

It will be perfectly fine with me either way, but I really would rather it be more rigid armor.

Well, you can still pose a figure with hard armor and you can move the sections around. They would use elastic and straps where necessary, as anyone would... but it would feel a lot less like a toy. Plastic is fine, just solid plastic. And SS DID use hard plastic on PF Boba, it was not soft and flexible. :lecture

It will be perfectly fine with me either way, but I really would rather it be more rigid armor.

SS Used soft plastic on all the chest armor,shoulder pads,and the knee pads,which is what Medicom did.But Medicom's looks better

Its truly an amazing thing. Drinking beer takes away any concern about Sideshow toys or Medicom toys.

Back