The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After going back and forth on this piece, I've finally decided that I must click the dreaded PLACE YOUR ORDER button. I have a feeling that I won't regret it.

I'm going to wait since it's an open ES...no hurry at the moment or in the near future.

Are you mostly waiting for in hand pics, or is it money, or... ?

I've only collected SSC 1/6th (and 1 PFF thus far) in my short time ordering though SSC (last August), but this piece I can see as the centerpiece of my horror collection for years to some. Of course it's a big gamble considering the price, but everything I'm reading from people seeing it in person made me push that order button. I want more pics or something because I'm excited.

I'm with you on that Spencio, it looks amazing. It's just it won't be out realistically until early 2013 and I want to see if the production turns out like the prototype. If it does I'm in for sure, heck if it looks anywhere close to the prototype I will. If it was a limited ES I'd order it now but it's not so no rush.

I imagine the production will turn out similar to the prototype of such an item. Of course this is only me assuming because of price. If a high dollar item such as this didn't turn out like the proto, then there would be hell to pay and complaining would ensue. I don't think that is the case. I want it. I will have it. It will be awesome and cannot wait!

After going back and forth on this piece, I've finally decided that I must click the dreaded PLACE YOUR ORDER button. I have a feeling that I won't regret it.

Smart move bro...I did the same. I saw the price and said to myself "No way"...then saw some pictures on here from comic con and my mind went ballistic and it was a very easy decision to put this big mean Sculpt on pre-order. It will be torture having to wait all the way probably and hopefully no later than early 2013...but at least I will have a number of other Pre-ordered Sideshow PF's coming out within 2 to 3 months to hold me over.
This will be my center piece for "the Dead" line and probably for all my Sideshow figures/sculpts for that matter. I believe this thing will be close to 3 feet tall!!
I see some complaining about the size because of an issue with space but being that I just started collecting Sideshow PF's for not even 3 months now (moved on from Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures) having room for this will not be a problem. A year from now that may be an issue but I doubt it...I'll manage to find places for all my Sideshow collections. :)

Just noticed on Sideshow's website that it appears as if this will be a limited edition of 250? If this is so then I cannot see this being around for years to come...unless there are underlying things I do not understand when it comes to Legendary scale editions versus Premium Formats.
Anotherwords once they sell out do they just keep making more of them so they can continue to sell figures like this for years?

I haven't seen anything about the edition size being limited to a set number. I'm sure it won't be a large number though but I don't see it ending soon but hey I could be wrong so order away!

From SS's Q&A:

Question: I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I LOVE WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THE LEGENDARY SCALE FIGURE LINE. I’M A BIG FAN OF 1/3RD SCALE STATUES (ESPECIALLY PREDATORS). MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE EDITION SIZES OF THE LSFS. I CAN UNDERSTAND KEEPING THEM AS OPEN EDITIONS UNTIL CANCELLED. THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO SAVE UP FOR THESE EXPENSIVE PIECES. BUT, AS A COLLECTOR I LIKE TO KNOW HOW RARE OR COMMON MY STATUES ARE. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO NUMBER THESE LSF’S AS THEY COME OFF THE LINE? THEN WHEN THE MOLDS ARE DESTROYED AND THE LINE IS FINISHED, YOU CAN POST THE FINAL EDITION SIZE. THAT WAY SSC SELLS AS MANY AS THEY CAN AND US STATUE GEEKS GET TO KNOW HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME STATUE WE BOUGHT AND WE CAN STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE OPEN EDITIONS HAVING NO SET NUMBERS.

Answer: Sunday, April 15, 2012
While the Legendary Scale Figures will not be numbered individually, rest assured that the number produced is highly limited. You’re quite right, our reasoning for the non-published edition size does have a lot more to do with allowing collectors the maximum opportunity to own one of these big beasts, because these are not quick, impulse buys for the average Joe. We will keep them available as long as is practical, based on many factors, including popularity and production realities, but they are essentially made to order. Perhaps we’ll someday share the final edition sizes, but to be honest, we’d rather that collectors make a decision on these pieces based on the quality of the statues themselves than whether or not the number is 200, 500, or 5 million produced. (Note: the number will never be 5 million!)

Well...that pretty much sums it up. The reason I mentioned them only making 250 of them is because on this link from Sideshow's website, https://m.sideshowtoy.com/product.php?sku=7213&ref=mobile_product-7213 under the estimated ship date it says: "Limited Edition:250"...whatever that is supposed to mean. Also it does say that this will come with a "Portrait" of both a "Helmeted 'General' Portrait" and also an "Un-helmeted 'Reaper' Portrait" why use the word "Portrait"? I could be wrong but doesn't "Portrait" refer to a picture or painting?
I also do hope that this will be coming with some artwork that is "Frame worthy" that would just put the icing on the cake. :)
These questions may sound dumb it is just that I tend to get a little paranoid when spending over a grand after shipping and I just want to make sure that there is only one version of the "Grim Reaper" and not some limited or Exclusive edition...anotherwords the pictures show this piece both with a helmet on and one without it...that is the one I want.
I'm sure the "Limited Edition:250" is just a mistake made by whoever is in charge of putting their information on their website.

Last edited:
Also it does say that this will come with a "Portrait" of both an un-helmeted and also a "Portrait" with the helmet. Not exact words but why use the word "Portrait"? I could be wrong but doesn't "Portrait" refer to a picture or painting? .

Sideshow uses that term to refer to an extra head or otherwise known as "change o' head". I am torn between which of the 2 to display because they both look fantastic...heck it is good to have options.

I wouldn't doubt if it was a 250 or less run.

Where did you find that link?

Sideshow uses that term to refer to an extra head or otherwise known as "change o' head". I am torn between which of the 2 to display because they both look fantastic...heck it is good to have options.

I wouldn't doubt if it was a 250 or less run.

Where did you find that link?

I found the link after I signed into my account on Sideshow's website. I clicked on my order just to make sure everything was correct with my billing address and then typed in the sku # for this item which is "7213" on the search products tab.
That link is the page that came up. I am using my IPhone and for some reason when I do a search on their website it just keeps sending me back to their homepage...other times I am sent to another link where I am allowed to order...this one particular time that link I posted came up for whatever reasons and that is when I noticed the Limited Edition: 250 towards the bottom of the page.
I am still sure it will take a while for this Legendary Scale Grim Reaper to sell out however I do not see this figure staying in stock for years to come.
I love the options of not only having 2 heads to choose from...but also 2 switch out hands just to change things up when displaying...this will be my center piece collection for sure.

Last edited:
Hi guys

I got this response from Sideshow (can also be seen in the "Ask Sideshow" thread that I started for this piece).

Hiya Mark!

The Reaper does not have a set edition size yet, so that 250 number displaying on the mobile site was incorrect (and should no longer be showing on the site).

At this time there are no plans to include an additional print with this piece.

SideshowAlex

Sadly I ordered this based on the ES on the mobile site page......:slap

Hi guys

I got this response from Sideshow (can also be seen in the "Ask Sideshow" thread that I started for this piece).

Hiya Mark!

The Reaper does not have a set edition size yet, so that 250 number displaying on the mobile site was incorrect (and should no longer be showing on the site).

At this time there are no plans to include an additional print with this piece.

SideshowAlex

Sadly I ordered this based on the ES on the mobile site page......:slap

I wouldn't be surprised though if it ends up at this ES or lower when it's all said and done....with soooo many licenses and great high priced SS stuff and the fact it's not a known character and it is $1,000. SS may never tell how many there actually are though.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it ends up at this ES or lower when it's all said and done....with soooo many licenses and great high priced SS stuff and the fact it's not a known character and it is $1,000. SS may never tell how many there actually are though.

Agree. I wonder if 250 is what they have decided for the initial run?

It would be a shame if they do not number them. By the time they ship it they will know how many people want it.

Just noticed on Sideshow's website that it appears as if this will be a limited edition of 250? If this is so then I cannot see this being around for years to come...unless there are underlying things I do not understand when it comes to Legendary scale editions versus Premium Formats.
Anotherwords once they sell out do they just keep making more of them so they can continue to sell figures like this for years?

Now it's 300 ^^.

Now it's 300 ^^.

I'm glad I ordered one, but I'm sure even at that edition size he wont sell out. I just hope he comes in this December and deosen't get pushed out, he will be my Christmas gift of death before the end hits.

Back