The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I'm getting all of CotD I have no interest in buying this since a variant of it is coming out. I used to want it but I have zero interest now, which is nice because the price for it is ridiculous. I read somewhere that the variant will be cheaper than the original so another good reason to buy it and forget this one.

Since the auction is for charity, wondering if the bidding on a lot of these pieces so inflated because it can be written off tax wise? It's interesting since this auction people are taking this piece from the $2500 to $3500 range.

The demand for the piece will only increase as more people find interest in this line. Also I feel this is a status piece for collectors either wanting to complete the line or have the rarest piece of the lot to display. Like most, i'm hoping the new piece quenches my desire for this piece as I wont allow myself to drop the coin knowing how much it originally went for.

Last edited:
I tried to win the one that was just on Ebay :(

I went above my budget and still lost! Dangit!

It's probably for the best. Save the money I guess.

I have an opportunity to buy this guy... Should I? I've never spent more than 600 on a statue.
This will be 2200. Is he worth it?
I have never seen one in person.

Yeah, I asked their customer service an they said that all she knows is that it's going to be a different color.

Also, I think the value of it is at an all time high. It would be bad investment to buy it right now. I need to fight the impulse. I really want it but want to spend about 1700.

You'll be kicking yourself, price will drop when the second comes out, but honestly, what do any of us care, it's YOUR money.

Yeah, I asked their customer service an they said that all she knows is that it's going to be a different color.

Also, I think the value of it is at an all time high. It would be bad investment to buy it right now. I need to fight the impulse. I really want it but want to spend about 1700.

I'd wait and see what sideshow comes up with before dropping some serious cash. I thought i heard it was gonna be cheaper then the original so who knows? Could be hollow and have some PVC components lol. Original is solid and with metal components. You won't be missing much if your collecting the court of the dead line, 1,700 thats 4 1/4 scales.

Hope this helps bro

Thanks for the advice guys. You've talked me off the ledge lol. I feel good about that decision. I'll just wait and see.

There are 3 of these on eBay right now!

Unfortunately all at ridiculously high prices.
I hate that people buy statues for the sole intention of flipping. They don't even open them to enjoy them or anything. Just sucks for people that really want it.

Just wait it out. Once the new version of this statue comes out, the demand for this one will be nearly non-existent. Why spend over double for this one, when the new one will be very similar...unless you're a completist. I used to want this statue, but after hearing about the new version, I wouldn't even pay retail for the old one. Actually, I would even buy it unless it was half off.

Despite everyones advice I bought one :)
Got a ok deal on it, much cheaper than the going rate on Ebay. Lets hope I didn't get scammed.....
It should be here on Monday! I will post pics for sure.

Congrats man, I know you've been looking one for a long time now.

Despite everyones advice I bought one :)
Got a ok deal on it, much cheaper than the going rate on Ebay. Lets hope I didn't get scammed.....
It should be here on Monday! I will post pics for sure.

Package was delayed today :(
What a buzzkill. Hopefully I get it tomorrow.
Grats bro! you'd probably discover something new every time you look at him. Just that much details. Don't know how much you paid but, as long as you're happy that's all that matters...

Again congrats again hope he's arrives perfect it's very well padded and lots of black sponge foam padding.

Got it Tuesday!
I was super excited. The assembling process was so much fun... But during assembly, I noticed a clean break in his knee armor on the tip. It's a small piece broken off. I searched the whole box and could t find it. What a crappy feeling. Everything else is mint. He said it was never displayed, and I think it's the truth. He probably just never noticed it.

I'm not sure what to do here. I paid 2100 for it. Not as high as some eBay prices but not cheap either lol.
I feel like this break significantly lowered the value. I might be able to repair it myself but I'll know it's there. Especially for such a high priced piece, I'm kind of bummed. Even if I ask for a discount from the seller, I don't know how much to ask for. What are your guys thoughts?

Last edited:
Congrats on getting one, it's an amazing piece... definitely one of my favourites in my collection. I wouldn't worry about the chip in his armour, it's so minor, I couldn't even tell it was broken in the picture. Maybe just touch it up with some brown paint and it will be battle damaged!

Seriously though, it's very minor. Don't sweat over it. Congrats and enjoy!

Back