The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd need to see other angles before I judge. He does have a lean though.

tumblr_kzuz08zAtB1qbrus1o1_500.gif

How do you guys prevent the lean? Mine hasn't had an issue but mine was sealed when I bought it and I have only displayed for a short while. I put some extra padding under his foot and under the base just so he leans the other way more,but I don't know if that does anything in the long run.

it seems a lot of these are starting to lean.......any clues to why? Hopefully SS corrected this on the new one.

it seems a lot of these are starting to lean.......any clues to why? Hopefully SS corrected this on the new one.
Im wondering the same. Could it be a specific combination of attachments? Something like the head with the helmet and sword? Would those be heavier than the regular head and sycthe? I have the last combination and i dont have any lean.

There seem to be several pieces that SS has produced that develop issues over time with the material sort of acting like liquid. Cracks appears under normal display conditions, leans increase, etc. I suspect many of these will, over time develop issues. This is why I would never use the heat method to get foot holes seated. In my opinion this is setting the piece up to develop cracks at the weak points of the legs down the road.

yea, I will be staying away from this version altogether. It is a sweet piece, but like the Wolf LSF, not worth the long time risk for that amount of money. Most of my money is going to other companies not named SS anyways. It is a shame how the mighty have fallen.

Got it Tuesday!
I was super excited. The assembling process was so much fun... But during assembly, I noticed a clean break in his knee armor on the tip. It's a small piece broken off. I searched the whole box and could t find it. What a crappy feeling. Everything else is mint. He said it was never displayed, and I think it's the truth. He probably just never noticed it.

I'm not sure what to do here. I paid 2100 for it. Not as high as some eBay prices but not cheap either lol.
I feel like this break significantly lowered the value. I might be able to repair it myself but I'll know it's there. Especially for such a high priced piece, I'm kind of bummed. Even if I ask for a discount from the seller, I don't know how much to ask for. What are your guys thoughts?

So do u feel it was worth the payment overall ? I'm thinking of getting him most prices are about the same as urs so just wanted to ask after a few days of having him to do feel it's worth the cost ??

Thing is I don't think the new reaper will be as good. When this one 1st hit sideshow it was under The Dead line after it sold out SS came with court of the dead. They moved the reaper over to this line and gave the new reaper the backstory of being made out of the parts of this reaper. Now as I got the queen of the dead as I felt she was really good I did feel the paint job could have been better on some parts. So I do believe that the reaper was moved over to the court line because he was should a good statue that it would help sell the court of the dead and now that I have the queen her self in from of me I feel the new reaper maybe just as good as her watch is fine Cuz I'll still get him but if we are talking about watch one is better from what I see the 1st reaper is to me...

yea, this piece is great and your prolly right that it will be better than the new one, but seeing even just 1 of these have leaning issues steers me clear away from this piece. Especially with a going rate of 2k

still waiting for the new one

When u say new one do u mean the one from the court of the dead ? Of a total different one that they are making ? Just trying to think if I should get this one now. The one from the court of the dead isn't that nice to me...

When u say new one do u mean the one from the court of the dead ? Of a total different one that they are making ? Just trying to think if I should get this one now. The one from the court of the dead isn't that nice to me...

Yes, there's going to be another Reaper statue. It's another character from Court of the Dead. Here is more info about him:

Mortighull - Risen Reaper General | Court of the Dead

nope, that's not it. They are re releasing this same statue in a different pose and different cloth and paint.

Really ! U heard this from ?? Just wanted to ask around Cuz I been thinking of getting the one that's out now but it's $$$$ so wanted to ask around.. I did see that court of the dead one but wasn't sure if he is the one everyone was talking about...

it's been a known fact for a year almost. I don't care to find proof though, so I'll leave that to you. There's a thread somewhere, I think I even created it.

Back