The Real face of Jesus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can bet you the answer is yes. If I'm not mistaken, the man he's referring to is William Ting.

Look him up.

But I still disagree with the subjectivity of reason. Knowing something does not require omniscience, and objectivity does not require that one have total knowledge of a subject to establish certainty regarding any one aspect.

I think the issue here is with the definitions received through common wisdom (which is perhaps, not so wise), but I'll be damned if I have the energy to open that box. Better to go back to fighting over Jesus. The conversation would have a far greater chance of remaining civil.

one quick comment then I'm pretty much done with this conversation. I tire of the argument that "religion is bad because it causes war" particularly when the people making that argument doesn't even believe in a god.

If religion and god is man made and wars are created by religion...couldn't you conclude therefore that WAR IS CREATED BY MAN? Therefore if man didn't have religion wouldn't they still create something by which to war over? IE money, land, family lineage, culture, color of skin, and 1000 other things?

For someone that doesn't believe in a god, you spend time blaming him for ruining the planet! That makes a lot of sense...might as well blame Santa Claus. :lol

yes religion does cause war and you are a fool to say it doesnt.terrorist are all over the world fighting because of there religion thinking if they kill anyone who are not muslum ( non believers)they will go to paradice with there god.and how many goda are there.its all war off religion.why do you think terrorists chant ALAH AKBAR when they behead someone that mean god is great.and many people believe iran wants nukes to nuke isreal and make a nuclear bomb and nuke isreal and creat a nuclear holocaust so they can up bring the imam.or something stupid like that again religion.and when to people with different religion talk about it they argue.the perfect world would be no churches or worshiping.just believe in what you belive and keep it to your self.

So, no. My purpose in comparing Santa to Jesus was not to offend; it was to make the point that both are beliefs rooted in faith. I shouldn't have have left attribution of motive to interpretation. I like Santa. I think he represents the best within Jesus (even if I can't reconcile forgivness of sin with the naughty/nice list).

Better?

listen im the one who mentioned santa.and what l ment by that is when were all growing up were up were told about santa and the easter bunny and the tooth fairy and god.and when were older everyone tells us yes well santa and the easter bunny are not real but no one then tells you that god isnt real either.who knows if he doea ther is know evidence that there is a god watching all off us.but like l said before l do believe in ghost and spirits so there must be an after life, so mabey there is a god.l dont know but there is no evidence there is.

I really hate to be a grammar nazi, but seriously guy, learn how to type.

It might be quicker to type that way but it takes longer for people to read what you're saying since they have to figure out what your words are.

People are quick to point out how much "bad" religion has caused, yet they ignore all of the good things that have happened as a result of religion. There's two sides to the coin, not just one. If we're gonna look at one side, we need to look at the other side as well. Otherwise don't even bother.

well l want to be cremated.and buy the time l die l hope to have a nice 1968 dodge charger.l want my ashes dumped in the ashtray and then bury the car some were.thats the dream.

dude... i am all for you being burned, but burying a 68 Charger is simply wrong.

People are quick to point out how much "bad" religion has caused, yet they ignore all of the good things that have happened as a result of religion. There's two sides to the coin, not just one. If we're gonna look at one side, we need to look at the other side as well. Otherwise don't even bother.

Can we just have the good side? I don't find the bad side acceptable.

Can we just have the good side? I don't find the bad side acceptable.

Sadly, people take religion to an extreme. As when that happens, bad things follow, hence killing in the name of God.

When we look at natural disasters, Christians and other religious people are often the first ones to respond with humanitarian aid.

Religion teaches people to have high morals in life.

Religion helps people to live a better life.

The list goes on and on.

You've seen this with your own eyes, know both individuals, and are sure that there was no trickery involved?

Yes I know both people myself and have experienced the same thing myself. It just demonstrates the point a little better when you explain it against a 275 lb man instead of a 195lb man.

Someone named Jesus may have lived, but that doesn't mean he was the son of God. People thought David Koresh was the next son of God.

Religion is a bunch of BS. Look at Scientology. Everyone today knows it's BS, but 500 years from now, it will be a major religion like Islam, Christianity, Buddhism ect.

t1larg.jpg

reminds me of "the mist" poster...fear changes everything.

I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid. :rotfl

This thread really kicked off in the last few days!

you glossed over every point I made and thus proved your here not to discuss, but simply throw your own ridicules around.

With the benefit of hindsight, it should now be obvious to you that I've done nothing of the sort. I haven't made a single comment about religious claims; the discussion started out in reference to a History Channel program and I merely pointed out that there is no contemporary evidence indicating Jesus ever existed. This is fact, not ridicule. I haven't said anything about religion or Christianity or anything of the sort.

I glossed over some of your points because they weren't relevant to the question of primary sources.

seems your just trolling not for debate, but just to insult. seems your motive is clear and even the most logicaly made assertions would be glossed over in attempts to insult "cults" and believers in "Robin Hood".

The cult reference was in regard to another poster's mention of Josephus and the early days of Christianity, when it was a cult. The Robin Hood reference illustrates the folly of pushing ahead without historical evidence.

If Jesus didn't exist, then a lot of cultures OUTSIDE OF CHRISTIANITY including the Romans have some explaining to do why they validate his existence despite heavily opposing the religious conotation that Christians placed on him.

Not really. Lots of people believe things that aren't true. It's only within the last 150 years or so that history has come into its own as a sort of forensic science - early histories (hello Plato) were riddled with fallacies, assumptions and mythologies. Nowadays we look at evidence, and for Jesus there is none. This isn't a religious point - it's a historical one. We don't take things for granted anymore (hello again, Plato).

Seems the logical decision of these counter-Christian cultures would have been to cut it off at the source and dispell His very existence, but its clear through historical writings (once journalism and record keeping became more common place in the 1st and 2nd century AD) that they didn't squash this and instead nonbelievers actually validate it.

It is silly in the extreme to pretend that something written 200 years after the event qualifies as "journalism and record keeping" without primary sources to back it up - you'd be thrown out of journalism class for starters! And of course these "counter-Christian cultures" have no more reason to argue Jesus wasn't real than Christians have to argue Mohammad or the Buddha weren't real (and no intelligent Christian does that). We don't have to pretend Joseph Smith wasn't real to discount Mormonism, for example.

So it really gets back to a very basic question - are there any primary sources? And the answer is no. Now of course you are free to argue whether this means anything.

Basically your logic is that if you weren't specifically accounted for in a Roman document (with an exact date stamp :lol), and the document must survive over a millenia, that you must never have existed.

You might try reading what people write rather than arguing with yourself. I never said Jesus didn't exist. I pointed out there are no primary sources indicating he existed, which gives him the same credence from a historical perspective as Robin Hood. It's also worth noting the Roman Empire is one of the best-documented civilizations in history, with endless bureaucratic documentation in existence. It does stretch belief that a person who becomes so well known that Pilate takes an interest - and who is criminally executed - goes unmentioned in any contemporary record.

I really find it ridiculous for someone to make a claim that based soley on lack of contemporary historical evidence, Jesus did not exist.

You can't disprove a negative. All anyone can say is that there is no mention of Jesus in any contemporary records. But as you say, "history is the lie agreed upon." Surely Nicea taught us that. ;)

Back