The Punisher Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Barb. It's a 1A & 1B type of grading for me. They are such outstanding pieces. I even went ahead and stole a page out of your book and had Stan sign my Spidey Com in the exact same place you did. There is no way in hell I'll sell Spidey because of that. I love the Punisher Com too much to ever let it go also. They are both magnificent pieces. I just love the girth on the Punisher Com. He looks so massive and intimidating.

It's good reading you brother Barb. :wave I hope all is well with you.
Hell yes! As far as I'm concerned, that's the only place to have it signed. I want it right in that perfect spot where I can see it ever time I enjoy Spidey. As for the Punisher, I highly doubt a better rendition will ever grace any collection. He's big and badass - a masterpiece of the highest caliber.

Good reading you too, brother. All is great with me. Hope the same is true for you.

It sure will. The Punisher Com is sheer greatness. A total badass statue. I just can't see it ever being topped. However, I am looking forward to seeing the new PF.
IMHO, Marvel PF's have been seriously lacking in power and quality lately. I'd like to see this string of underwhelming pieces change for the better.

IMHO, Marvel PF's have been seriously lacking in power and quality lately. I'd like to see this string of underwhelming pieces change for the better.

Too true Barb. The Skaar EX PF has been the only marvel piece I have picked up in awhile. None of the other releases really wowed me. The ONLY other piece that I think looks killer in the marvel line is Rhino. Not a fan of the character but it looks like it's going to turn out to be an awesome piece. At this moment I have no marvel pieces on PO.

Now the DC license is a whole other bag of tricks. Batman and Ivy are on PO (thanks for helping me out on the Bats EX PO Bro). The Joker EX is already out on display. Lots of stuff I'm picking up in the DC line. With the exception of the Green Lantern PF, I really like all the other DC pieces I have seen so far.

No problem, brother! Yeah, I love my Skaar EX PF also. Bats, Poisy, and Jokey are all rockin' it hard. I just hope the production pieces of the ones yet to be shipped live up to at least a fraction of the protos. For Marvel, I also have Rhino EX, Hulk Maq and Galactus on PO. At this very moment, I actually have the fewest amount of PO's I've ever had with Sideshow in my entire collecting career.

No problem, brother! Yeah, I love my Skaar EX PF also. Bats, Poisy, and Jokey are all rockin' it hard. I just hope the production pieces of the ones yet to be shipped live up to at least a fraction of the protos. For Marvel, I also have Rhino EX, Hulk Maq and Galactus on PO. At this very moment, I actually have the fewest amount of PO's I've ever had with Sideshow in my entire collecting career.

Yeah, the Hulk & Galactus Maqs look very good. Not a fan of the big G that's why I passed on him. The Hulk Maq is one that I really wrestled with. Love the piece and I think it looks great. However, I'm not a fan of open ES at all. I made the decision not to PO any pieces from SSC that have an open ES. Both of those pieces should look great in your collection though. They are impressive pieces.

Oh well, at least this lull is putting a little extra cash in my wallet. I've been collecting long enough to only pick up the pieces that really blow me away. Oddly enough, this has made collecting more enjoyable for me.

Yeah, the Hulk & Galactus Maqs look very good. Not a fan of the big G that's why I passed on him. The Hulk Maq is one that I really wrestled with. Love the piece and I think it looks great. However, I'm not a fan of open ES at all. I made the decision not to PO any pieces from SSC that have an open ES. Both of those pieces should look great in your collection though. They are impressive pieces.

Oh well, at least this lull is putting a little extra cash in my wallet. I've been collecting long enough to only pick up the pieces that really blow me away. Oddly enough, this has made collecting more enjoyable for me.
My brother, I hate to point this out, but you said that you pick up only those pieces that blow you away. Yet, you also stated that you refuse to pick up pieces with an open ES (although the ES will ultimately be a LE). I can honestly see your point and I also foresee the answer to my question. Which takes priority?
:lol yeah that definitely describes the punisher alright
Thanks, Frosty. :)

My brother, I hate to point this out, but you said that you pick up only those pieces that blow you away. Yet, you also stated that you refuse to pick up pieces with an open ES (although the ES will ultimately be a LE). I can honestly see your point and I also foresee the answer to my question. Which takes priority?

A closed ES takes priority for me Barb. Ever since I started collecting these beauties they all had an ES. Hell, Sideshow built their business on selling these pieces as rare collectibles. I don't even mind a higher ES so long as it's closed. Open ended pieces that can be bought for years to come don't appeal to me.

I'm a pretty patient guy. As much as I like the Avengers Hulk MAQ I know that SSC has yet to release a 1/4 fully sculpted Hulk. That Hulk won't have the legacy mark up and probably will have a closed ES. Now, the only real question is....will it look as good or better than the MAQ? I will wait to find out. It's not like the MAQ will sell out anytime soon.

Back