The Punisher Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi5:Hey welcome to the site man. Yeah Statues are so much better than figurines or toys! I started off buying collector editions of games, that some came with a few statues. I also realised that a few of them were made by companies such as sideshow or Mcfarlane toys. So I had to step up to the next level. As I was very much into Comic characters and certain movie franchises. Have you managed to pick up anything yet?

Thanks for the greeting!
Yeah, I love Hellboy everything. I have all of his Mezco figs and the hot toys 12 inch.... AND I just I ordered the Punisher Comiquette from ebay!
I went ahead and shelled out the bucks. It's a artist proof one though. I got him to give me deal. I really like everything done by Martin Canale.
I actually might be working on a project with him soon.

Just got my first sideshow piece in the mail! The punisher is awesome! Just as awesome as everyone stated. I also got the joker premium format. I honestly am going to stop buying premium formats from here on out. The joker is a great sculpt but I hate the cloth. It detracts from the value of it. The punisher statue puts it to shame. I am going to stick to comiquettes.... That being said, I have apocalypse and hellboy PF on PO. :) and I have all the spidey comiquettes coming soon after. It's gonna be a crazy 2014!

Just got my first sideshow piece in the mail! The punisher is awesome! Just as awesome as everyone stated. I also got the joker premium format. I honestly am going to stop buying premium formats from here on out. The joker is a great sculpt but I hate the cloth. It detracts from the value of it. The punisher statue puts it to shame. I am going to stick to comiquettes.... That being said, I have apocalypse and hellboy PF on PO. :) and I have all the spidey comiquettes coming soon after. It's gonna be a crazy 2014!

Congrats, the Punisher Com is truly a fantastic sculpt. The details on it are amazing. IMO, it is easily one of SSC's best releases.

It's pain to clean the PF. Com simply just dust off. :)

It's pain to clean the PF. Com simply just dust off. :)

The thing that makes this Com special is that it almost looks like a mixed media piece. When you look at the Com, Frank's shirt, pants and boots are so well sculpted and painted, they look real. Gore group just knocked it out of the park. Those sculpted details on this piece are mind blowing. Also, the factory paint apps on this piece are just as amazing. This is one of those releases where everything was perfect. I have him paired next to my Deadpool PF (another stunningly detailed SSC statue) and I'm awed at just how good both of them look. I just can't even imagine them with any kind of cloth uniforms. It would just ruin it for me.

Awesome pics , I recently got mine from a local collector. I love it , definitely one I will not be letting got of anytime soon.

Thanks guys its the only 1/5 statue I have and Love it!

The nice thing is that it is a slightly oversized 1/5 statue. So long as you keep him away from slightly oversized 1/4 scale statues ( Bats and Cap PF or original Spidey Com) he fits in pretty well with other PFs. I have him next to my EX Deadpool PF and he mixes in perfectly with Wade. He's only a tad smaller than him and it works. Marvel lists Frank at 6' 1" and Wade at 6' 2" so they look great next to one another for me. Just keep Frank away from the larger PFs and he'll display well in your collection.

Same here, make me think that Sides Show should stick with sculpted statues!

There best statue are sculpted!

I have always and firmly believed this. However, there are a few mixed media pieces I really do think look great. The Skaar, Mystique, and Joker PFs in particular are stunning PFs IMHO. I would have put the Batman PF down as the greatest mixed media PF ever made if they just would have gotten the seams around his armpits right. It still looks good but it could have been great if that issue didn't exist. The choice of cloth for Bats was incredible. It's a shame a tailoring issue knocked it down a peg for me. For that reason alone, I can say that I wish it was fully sculpted even though I love the piece overall as is. However, fully sculpted 1/4 scale pieces will always be my favorite format.

The nice thing is that it is a slightly oversized 1/5 statue. So long as you keep him away from slightly oversized 1/4 scale statues ( Bats and Cap PF or original Spidey Com) he fits in pretty well with other PFs. I have him next to my EX Deadpool PF and he mixes in perfectly with Wade. He's only a tad smaller than him and it works. Marvel lists Frank at 6' 1" and Wade at 6' 2" so they look great next to one another for me. Just keep Frank away from the larger PFs and he'll display well in your collection.

Agree I have them both displayed together they look great!

IMHO, there is nothing to think about. As you said, it's a true work of art and one of Sideshows very best pieces. I POd the EX when it first became available and just LOVE this statue. $400 sounds reasonable. This piece has been going up in price of late. Good luck scoring this. I promise you that you won't regret buying this statue. It's stunningly good.

$400 is going down. I sold mine early last year for $550

$400 is going down. I sold mine early last year for $550

Ink, you grabbed this post from a year ago. The Coms price is holding steadily at around the $500 mark for the Reg. When I replied to the original post, I just wanted to say that picking up the Com for $400 was a very reasonable price. That dude was getting a good deal because he said that someone was offering him the Com at that price a year ago. The EX for this piece usually pushes over $600 in the aftermarket nowadays. It's still a very popular piece. I can honestly say it is one of my most prized SSC pieces.

The face expression on this Punisher is very bad ***. Jut one super tough looking guy. Nice new addition to your collection buddy

Back