The Princess and the Frog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw it yesterday. Fell in love with the firefly. I went to the Disney Store afterward to get my last paycheck and picked up little plushies of Ray and frog Naveen (with that great smarmy look on his face).

Very cute movie. Tiana was a great Disney heroine. Frog or not.

there are at least 2 more in production, one is a Pooh movie and another princess movie after that called The Snow Queen

Interesting. I would think that with the lackluster performance of The Princess and the Frog, they'd abandon this type of filmmaking.

Do you know is The Snow Queen is based on the fairy tale by the same name? I vaguely remember it. Not too thrilled about another Pooh movie, I hate sequels done years after the original.

Do you know is The Snow Queen is based on the fairy tale by the same name? I vaguely remember it. Not too thrilled about another Pooh movie, I hate sequels done years after the original.

It's based on the story by H.C. Andersen with Alan Menken doing the music :rock

Awesome. What little I recall of that story its a pretty awesome one. I think it'll be good.

Interesting. I would think that with the lackluster performance of The Princess and the Frog, they'd abandon this type of filmmaking.

That was my feeling after leaving the theater. "This is the last one."

I thought it was great. Best one in ages, and it had a lot of the intelligence that the best of the old ones had. Still, I can understand how it would be performing so poorly right now. My niece wasn't too impressed, but I also don't think she would have been if she was younger. It's hard to put a finger on exactly why. It's more than just CGI vs. hand-painted cells.

Doesn't matter about the type of film making, it's STORY STORY STORY. It just so happened that Princess and the Frog had a so-so story... If Toy Story had been 2D, it would have been just as good as it was in 3D. Why? Story!!!

Doesn't matter about the type of film making, it's STORY STORY STORY. It just so happened that Princess and the Frog had a so-so story... If Toy Story had been 2D, it would have been just as good as it was in 3D. Why? Story!!!

Disagree, the story, music, animation were all excellent. The problem is that America has been so dumbed down by Chipmunks and other stupidity and attention spans are so short that no one appreciates the beauty of traditional animation anymore.

Disagree, the story, music, animation were all excellent. The problem is that America has been so dumbed down by Chipmunks and other stupidity and attention spans are so short that no one appreciates the beauty of traditional animation anymore.

I refuse to believe that. I still think that if Disney (or whoever for that matter) put out an amazing story that just so happens to be 2D, it will do really well. PATF was a decent movie, but it can't compare to their best work. If Disney made another movie as good as Beauty and the Beast (only animated movie to be nominated for best picture, btw) the public will go see it.

I could go on and on, but my argument is that it didn't fail because it was 2D, it failed because it wasn't that good. It could have been 3D or even live action, and it would have been the same.

:( I <3 Chip 'n Dale.

EDIT: I just bought a $5 bean baby of Brittany of the Chippettes. I haven't seen the film, but she was my favorite when I was a kid.

Plus I just love chipmunks! Of course Chip 'n Dale trump Alvin & co. I must stress!

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that. I still think that if Disney (or whoever for that matter) put out an amazing story that just so happens to be 2D, it will do really well. PATF was a decent movie, but it can't compare to their best work. If Disney made another movie as good as Beauty and the Beast (only animated movie to be nominated for best picture, btw) the public will go see it.

I could go on and on, but my argument is that it didn't fail because it was 2D, it failed because it wasn't that good. It could have been 3D or even live action, and it would have been the same.

Princess and the Frog, although not as "perfect" is on the same level of quality and Beauty and the Beast. It really is about CGI and noise and slapstick fast moving comedy vs traditional and heart and slower pace. When Beauty and the Beast was made, it was a different time. Now the world is slicker, faster, grittier. And people, including parents and their children, have attention deficits so the slapstick silliness of Alvin is more the speed of today. Beauty and the Beast only seems to be on a higher level of quality because we judge it and remember it with the mind and eyes of that time period. If Princess and the Frog had been made in the calmer pre-CGI time, it would have fared much better at the box office. But no point in beating a dead horse. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't know if P&F not being as widely received is completely do to it being 2D v 3D but I do think its a large contributing. I also think that P&F was as good as other Disney classics, although I don't think I would put it on the same level of Beauty and the Beast of some of the other truly great Disney movies.

I also think that P&F was as good as other Disney classics, although I don't think I would put it on the same level of Beauty and the Beast of some of the other truly great Disney movies.

It had all the trappings, but I don't think it was either. It seemed too small, if that makes sense.

From High-Def Digest:
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...Frog_Blu-ray_Announced,_Box_Art_Revealed/4129

'The Princess and the Frog' Blu-ray Announced, Box Art Revealed

Disney's return to traditional 2D animation will give high-definition a kiss in March.

Disney/Buena Vista is prepping 'The Princess and the Frog' for a Blu-ray release on March 16.

The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements will include: Filmmaker intros; Audio commentary; Play movie with “Work in Progress”; Backstage Disney; Deleted scenes; Bringing Life to Animation; Magic in the Bayou: The Making of a Princess; The Return to Hand-Drawn Animation; The Disney Legacy; Disney's Newest Princess; The Princess and the Animator; Conjuring the Villain;A Return to the Animated Musical; Art Galleries; Disney Family Play; “What Do You See?” Princess Portrait Game; Music & More; “Never Knew I Needed” Music Video by Ne-Yo; and an Easter Egg: Drawing the Frog.

The release apparently will be available as a single Blu-ray or a Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray has been set at $39.99 and $44.99 for the combo pack.

Here's a peek at the packaging:

original.pjpeg

my 3 year old daughter loved this movie and still talks about it. it will be an easy purchase on blu...

Back