The Princess and the Frog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As horrible as it is to say, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel has made 77.1 million in its first week while Princess and the Frog has only made 63.4 million total after 5 whole weeks. And Princess and the Frog is fading fast, it is already down to number 7 and only made 8.7 million this week.

I am amazed at theater goers who choose the Alvin garbage over a beautiful movie like PF. But then these are the same idiots that watch The Beachelor, and Who wants to Fart like a Celebrity, And Dancing with the Morons and the rest of the garbage on television.

I see the success of Alvin and the failure of PF and the election of Obama as proof that the United States is in a downward spiral from which it will not recover as the stupid and lazy multiply, immigrate and take over.

Your post reminds me of a review of Lilo and Stitch by Roger Ebert, he describes a similar situation, quality read: https://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20020621/REVIEWS/206210303/1023

As horrible as it is to say, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel has made 77.1 million in its first week while Princess and the Frog has only made 63.4 million total after 5 whole weeks. And Princess and the Frog is fading fast, it is already down to number 7 and only made 8.7 million this week.

I am amazed at theater goers who choose the Alvin garbage over a beautiful movie like PF. But then these are the same idiots that watch The Beachelor, and Who wants to Fart like a Celebrity, And Dancing with the Morons and the rest of the garbage on television.

I see the success of Alvin and the failure of PF and the election of Obama as proof that the United States is in a downward spiral from which it will not recover as the stupid and lazy multiply, immigrate and take over.

I am amazed at theater goers who choose the Alvin garbage over a beautiful movie like PF. But then these are the same idiots that watch The Beachelor, and Who wants to Fart like a Celebrity, And Dancing with the Morons and the rest of the garbage on television...
It really is sad, but a lot of it has to do with the parents choosing to take them to see Alvin, 'cause it's CGI. It really is stupid, they don't know what they are missing out on, taking their kids to see a crap movie over a quality one like Princess and the Frog.

Guess I better go see this before its out of theaters. Maybe tomorrow night... As for Alvin beating it, I blame the kids. Today's youth are easily dazzled by the CGI crap. I know which movie my little cousins would want to see. Kids today have no taste whatsoever.

Prolly would have been more successful if the princess was white and didn't talk all southern style.

The colored Disney girls give the white ones a run for their money. Esmerelda, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan, Tiana, they all trump Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

The colored Disney girls give the white ones a run for their money. Esmerelda, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan, Tiana, they all trump Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

I think that's because they're more recent and were written as much stronger, proactive characters than the Snow Whites, etc.

Finally went to see this today. I thought it was great. The theater was packed with people and their kids. They were mostly small ones though, before being corrupted by CGI and crude humour.

I just bought the CD so I can decide which songs make the Disney playlist.

I finally got around to seeing this yesterday and loved it. Shadow Man is a great villian. It was nice seeing a traditional animated movie again on the big screen. It's been far too long!

I've been listening to the soundtrack and this movie really has great songs. It's like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, I pretty much love them all.

My niece's favorite has been Jasmine since she was about 3. She's a very big fan of all the rest (Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel at the top), but Jasmine is #1.

She got a movie gift card for Christmas so she's taking me to see this over the weekend.

We want to take our kids to this, but our 3 yr old has never been to a theater before, so we might wait until DVD on this.

We want to take our kids to this, but our 3 yr old has never been to a theater before, so we might wait until DVD on this.

Hah - i was 3 when I saw Snow White in a theatre - it's my very first memory. Scared the crap out of me.

Watched this movie last night. It was just as wonderful as everyone said it was. It definitley fits in with the classic Disney style, too bad it's not doing so well at the box office.

It's sad when the Chipmunk movie is doing better business than "The Princess and the Frog"!!!
I thought it was a fantastic movie, a definite throw back to the 2D Disney classics. I've read that people were upset Tiana was a frog for most of the movie, but it didn't change who she was, whether she was African-American or Frog-American. She was still Tiana.

It's sad when the Chipmunk movie is doing better business than "The Princess and the Frog"!!!
I thought it was a fantastic movie, a definite throw back to the 2D Disney classics. I've read that people were upset Tiana was a frog for most of the movie, but it didn't change who she was, whether she was African-American or Frog-American. She was still Tiana.

Those people must have missed the point of the movie "who you are inside and not what you look like on the outside".

I can understand people being upset over that. It's nice to have an African American princess, but because she is a frog for so much of the movie people may think of her that way. I don't think that's the case though, the Tiana at Disney World is the human one, and I'm sure they are selling plenty of human Tiana dolls, not frog Tiana dolls. But I can understand the sentiment.

The Princess And The Frog rose 9.1% in grosses this weekend to $9,824,311 for a total of $85,859,339 :monkey2

And those lame chipmuncks got $155,916,935 :emperor

The Princess And The Frog rose 9.1% in grosses this weekend to $9,824,311 for a total of $85,859,339 :monkey2

And those lame chipmuncks got $155,916,935 :emperor

I think that American parents should be ashamed of themselves for taking children to see the damn chipmuncks over P and the F

Back