"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

It could be cool but the predator HAS to win.... I don't mind the idea that predators hunted in the past but I really hope they understand that in this fan project the predator needs to whoop all kinds of butt

Im not sure what the story line is but I bet their will be three Predators. One will get killed off very fast, another will have a fighting scene and die and the third will be your hero Predator. Been the blue print of the last 2 of 3 Predator/avp movies....

Im not sure what the story line is but I bet their will be three Predators. One will get killed off very fast, another will have a fighting scene and die and the third will be your hero Predator. Been the blue print of the last 2 of 3 Predator/avp movies....

I have a feeling that Shane Black will want to "take it back to it's roots" and just make it focus on one Pred.

I have a feeling that Shane Black will want to "take it back to it's roots" and just make it focus on one Pred.

i just hope it doesnt take 50 minutes to see the pred. it's going to be the 6th movie..... we DON'T need that much suspense anymore

i just hope it doesnt take 50 minutes to see the pred. it's going to be the 6th movie..... we DON'T need that much suspense anymore

If the story and characters in the first act of the film are well written and interesting it should be OK waiting slightly.

I don't mind character development and of course we don't need a movie with 2 hours of nothing but action.

but in AVP and predators it feels like they are holding on the predator reveals as an obligation and the character development in those ends up being lame because they didn't do it out of trying to make interesting characters but more out of like "Oh we need to hold on to the predator as long as we can so we should make some stupid stuff up with the humans until the predator comes out"

that's what I liked about AVPR, that they did show the predator early on and he had his own story line. It wasn't just Show up/hunt/kill but he had a mission and hiding from the humans was actually part of the mission.
I like how he checks the wreckage, how he looks for clues. He was being a detective so it worked.

but the other two felt like the suspense was an obligation and not because it helped the story or anything. I hope that stops (it probably will not stop) but I hope it does.

Is there any new ground for this franchise to tread, other than say, seeing the Predator homeworld? Or are we going to get something like the Predator hunting and killing jihadis in the Middle East or Sub-Saharan Africa before taking on some special forces operators?

Is there any new ground for this franchise to tread, other than say, seeing the Predator homeworld? Or are we going to get something like the Predator hunting and killing jihadis in the Middle East or Sub-Saharan Africa before taking on some special forces operators?

I'm fine with that.

As long as we don't have any stupid philosophical monologues poorly derived from Hemingway, we should be okay...

That was a cool line that helped the mood of the movie.

Plenty to see that hasn't been shown already, especially with regards to the Yautjas way of life. I'd like to see them hunt down every last Gungan personally.

Back