"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

Dutch just got lucky in the end. The predator kicked his ass all over the place.

Dutch is the only human character I like in all of the franchise. Otherwise, **** the humans. It's all about the Predators.
Too bad every single writer/director kills them off. :gah:

Dutch is the only human character I like in all of the franchise. Otherwise, **** the humans. It's all about the Predators.

Yeah see you missed the point with the Predator film and that's why we've had **** ever since. The Predator is a monster. I don't want a movie about the Creature From The Black Lagoon I want a movie about people encountering it.

You didn't like the rest of the original cast?

Not even Adam Baldwin in P2? :lol
Now if Mr Baldwin had been the lead and played it as Jayne Cobb... P2 would have been a whole lot different!

The irony here being that it wasn't even Dutch's brute force that saved him but his intelligence. Yes being strong helped him set up the traps but he was NOT even able to beat up the predator in a fist fight.

Someone like Arnold was not even able to hurt the predator with his own fists. It took the use of his brain to finally defeat him. that could have been any of the guys in Dutch squad.

That was EXACTLY the problem, the reason everyone died. They were all trying to kill the predator with guns and pure force. they relied on their guns. Dutch was finally able to rely on his brain and won.

it wasn't even because Dutch was the most badass.

Harrigan Saw things that no one saw, clues that no one cared about. He saw between the lines. he was the most clever person in his department. The one that realized there was something else going on, something weird.

If you think about it like that, about Their BRAINS, Harrigan makes perfect sense. if it wasn't for him no one would know it was the predator killing. Everyone thought it was just a guy killing

But it wasn't Harrigan's brain that cut City Hunter's arm off or stab him in the gut. Even as a kid, there was just no way I could wrap my head around the fact that Harrigan went toe to toe with a Pred and beat him:slap

But whatever, still an enjoyable movie.

If you think about it like that, about Their BRAINS, Harrigan makes perfect sense. if it wasn't for him no one would know it was the predator killing. Everyone thought it was just a guy killing
Even the team tracking the Predator at the slaughterhouse?

Even the team tracking the Predator at the slaughterhouse?

well they were not working with Harrigan, they were not his coworkers or his friends. Harrigan didn't know it was an alien at first but he knew something was fishy.

Which is why he kept investigating. I was thinking about the people close to Harrigan. they were also investigating the team following the predator ironically enough .

well they were not working with Harrigan, they were not his coworkers or his friends. Harrigan didn't know it was an alien at first but he knew something was fishy.

Which is why he kept investigating. I was thinking about the people close to Harrigan. they were also investigating the team following the predator ironically enough .

It kinda helped a lot that he saw the Pred from the beginning though:lol

But it wasn't Harrigan's brain that cut City Hunter's arm off or stab him in the gut. Even as a kid, there was just no way I could wrap my head around the fact that Harrigan went toe to toe with a Pred and beat him:slap

But whatever, still an enjoyable movie.

how much strength does the blade need to operate? seemed like it was kind of electric knife that would cut on his own.

I have had a recurring dreadful thought ever since the news of this sequel was announced.

With Channing Tatum being so ****ing popular for no apparent reason, and getting huge roles every year, what if...

I have had a recurring dreadful thought ever since the news of this sequel was announced.

With Channing Tatum being so ****ing popular for no apparent reason, and getting huge roles every year, what if...

I've always wanted to see Dwayne Johnson in a Predator film but I think he's become too big now, in terms of the studio being able to afford him anyway.

Back