"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm feeling much more unforgiving than you guys for this one. As soon as I saw the first scene of the kid at school resetting up the chess pieces after being bullied, accompanied by the light hearted soundtrack, I just thought it felt so out of place for me in a predator movie and I could instantly tell I wasn't going to enjoy the movie.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There are people actually ******** on Carpenters Christine and then saying that both films where equally *****ty??

Jesus age Christ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrible awful movie. Wish I never saw it. If the franchise wasn't dead before, it is now. Seriously, one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I've seen A LOT of movies.

Why? Please elaborate. I'm interested to hear your take.

It's easy to say something sucks and is terrible, but you cited no reasons why. The only way to have others value your opinion is by giving examples and reason why it sucks...otherwise it comes off as a little childish and throwing a tantrum because U didn't get or see what u wanted.

Why? Please elaborate. I'm interested to hear your take.

It's easy to say something sucks and is terrible, but you cited no reasons why. The only way to have others value your opinion is by giving examples and reason why it sucks...otherwise it comes off as a little childish and throwing a tantrum because U didn't get or see what u wanted.
I was interested earlier on to hear or read what your thoughts were on Predators but I'm not sure if you made a post anywher le regarding it or if its too long ago. It boggles my mind that as a fan you prefer this latest one given the way it's turned out but that's just opinions in general I suppose.

Me too dude. Me too.

I was hoping Dutch or Harrigan would've been in the capsule. They said it the Predator killer or
Something like that...it was a PERFECT set up for Arnold Or Danny Glover...but nope

Yeah that makes the scene ever worse. All this build up to what's in a *human* sized capsule called the "Predator Killer" and it's a dumb ass gauntlet that morphs into an even dumber looking suit. It's like they went out of their way to telegraph that it was going to be Arnold only to laugh at their own surprise of doing something stupid instead. Great move. :cuckoo:

The capsule should have just been a small box or something.

What would old man Dutch have done anyway even if it had been him? That would also have been silly.

True enough. The original scene that Black wrote before Arnold turned it down was to have Arnold come down in a helicopter at the end like Nick Fury to ask McKenna if he wants to join the "team."

It would have been very "Dark Horse Comics-ish" like when Ripley showed up in the last panel of one of the early ALIENS miniseries:

1373549455703.jpg

The Predator' Originally Had a Much Different Ending

According to Birth.Movies.Death, the original script included a cameo appearance from Arnold Schwarzenegger, reprising the beloved role of Dutch Schaeffer from the original Predator movie.

In the original script, the film would end with McKenna, his Earth-saving son Rory (played by Jacob Tremblay, who helps foil the plans of the Ultimate Predator), and scientist-turned-black-ops-assassin Casey Bracket (played by Olivia Munn). The group has just survived the final confrontation with the Ultimate Predator and bested it when a helicopter arrives.

Dutch, played by Schwarzenegger, would hop out of the chopper and tells everyone to climb aboard. When the young Rory would ask if he's supposed to come too, Dutch would smile and say, "Especially you." Fin.

I was interested earlier on to hear or read what your thoughts were on Predators but I'm not sure if you made a post anywher le regarding it or if its too long ago. It boggles my mind that as a fan you prefer this latest one given the way it's turned out but that's just opinions in general I suppose.

The idea of Predators is fantastic. Rounding up earths top game and having them sent to a earth-like planet that is a Predator hunting preserve. It's soooooo cool, really is.

I was so upset with how the film was handled. There were so many scenes in that film that were plagerized from the first film. I'm all for giving a nod to the classic, but Predators was like a bobble head that wouldn't stop nodding. After a couple of scenes when it kept happening I was saying to myself...are they serious!?!? then the beheading of the Classic Predator by the one-off Berserker moron completely contradicted the constant nodding to the first film. It's like the T-Rex being killed by the Spinosaurus, the Queen alien having her face
Ripped off by the hybrid alien thing...the majority of viewers don't want to see that ****, these morns like Robert Rodriguez had to leave his mark...he did alright. That knucklehead stunk of the franchise like no other. The Classic Pred, the Queen and the T. rex are Winston's 3 greatest creations...no one wants to see these things get Beheaded and decimated on screen. These are characters we grew up with and we love these things like our family dog...and to have them killed on screen, especially by one-off here-today-gone-tomorrow foolish monsters is just an insult to the franchise.

The end scene of Jurassic world was handled sooooo incredibly well...it was a grand slam. Bringing out our family pet the Winston T Rex to team up with the Blie to defeat the big stupid one off super monster. After that scene was done I was happy as a pig in ****...why? because they handled the characters that we have adored for 25 years with respect.

I do hope Hot Toys does that Predator Killer armor. Even though it was a dumb part of the movie, I liked how it looked and would probably look cool displayed

I wasn't aware that Christine was a sensitive subject. :D

I deliberately picked Laserblast, Evilspeak and Christine because they're all schlocky films about nerds who get homicidal help from otherworldy beings which is a shared element with the kid donning the mask in The Predator. Maybe the dude in Laserblast wasn't a true nerd, who would ever know based on his atrocious acting, lol. But yes even that film I found cool and disturbing as a kid.

Ya know I did not even think of the nerd angle. I guess like you said Laserblast dude was not a true nerd and I never viewed the Predator kid as a nerd due to his special needs... Plus add that to the fact that I had not seen Evilspeak or Laserblast since their VHS days so I have no real memory of them as anything more then bad films..

So Christine just seemed so Random :lol

Its like you went.. Crap movie, crap movie, and Christine.. I was like.. "Is he really putting that film in the same category as the other two.. Or even The Predator. :lol

All is forgiven.... I guess ;)

Re: "The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

The only pic I could find of it. The thing is that the dreads make it look like a Pred, otherwise it looks like Guyver.

I like it

3ed509be1c9ddd10c821e3d5cd2d102f.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what was the point of having Sean Keyes (Jake Busey) in it other than a cheap and tacky nod to Predator 2?

Re: "The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

The only pic I could find of it. The thing is that the dreads make it look like a Pred, otherwise it looks like Guyver.

I like it

We've really gone full SyFy channel now.

"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

I like it

Its looks stupid.

Because it is stupid.

Which is why the movie failed.

To be honest if I didn’t see that part of the ending I would have thought the movie was somewhat okay. But seeing that thing in a Predator film was just horrid.

Can’t believe they’re trying to fuse Transformers and Marvel with Predator..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back