The "Please Sideshow Announce the new LOTR Premium Format" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I hope that SS does do Eomer in P.F. his costume is perfect for the P.F. treatment. I just don't think we would see it for awhile (if at all). I hope I am wrong.

I'd like to see P.F. Aragorn, Gandalf the Grey, Theoden in Armor, Eomer, and Morgul Lord Witch King all done before any others....

Agent23 said:
Tom, I hope that SS does do Eomer in P.F. his costume is perfect for the P.F. treatment. I just don't think we would see it for awhile (if at all). I hope I am wrong.

Unless SS cannot get the chainmail done right or to the level they and we expect. I would venture to guess you will be wrong. His costume is perfect for it.

jlcmsu said:
Unless SS cannot get the chainmail done right or to the level they and we expect. I would venture to guess you will be wrong. His costume is perfect for it.
If they can't do chainmail what would be the point. I have no doubt they can do chain mail.

tomandshell said:
But I also want a Boromir:

boromir_bw.jpg

Gandalf the Grey, then Boromir would be great to me...

I want Gandalf the Grey and a Nazgul first. But then I really want a Gimli PF. I think he would make an astonishing piece. His armor is almost as intricate as Boromir's or Eomer's.

carbo-fation said:
I want Gandalf the Grey and a Nazgul first. But then I really want a Gimli PF. I think he would make an astonishing piece. His armor is almost as intricate as Boromir's or Eomer's.
Yeah, Gimli would be one nice piece.

Bannister said:
If they can't do chainmail what would be the point. I have no doubt they can do chain mail.

Yup, that's my point. This is another character that would just be too much to miss on for SS by not doing him. He was missed in the SSW line outside of the bust, is wanted by a fairly decent amount of the fans, and just allows SS like Lurtz to really display the talents of the people working there.

They really set a nice precedent by releasing the heavily sought-after Armored Lurtz as their first PF. I really thought that that would be the trend, and that we would see such PFs as Éomer, Arwen in a coronation gown, or Faramir. I was naturally surprised when we got a repeat character like Frodo in round two.

Still, what good is a PF line if it only features secondary characters? It's a nice thought that they would continue where the SS/W teamup left off, but it's better for them, I suppose, to make their own line a seperate entity.

But I'm still hoping. Maybe we can get the best of both worlds, with a staggered release schedule -- one principle character followed by one peripheral character. :D

As for a Faramir PF, we already got his ranger attire in 12" form, so I doubt that it gets the PF treatment. However ... we have expressed interest in a Gondorian armored PF, and Faramir (or Boromir?) would be perfect for this. Just not right away.

I could expound, but I'm running a risk of turning this into a dissertation. So, in short...

My money's on Éomer, or, failing that, Gandalf the Grey.

I don't care what it/they is/are. I just want an announcement within the next coupla weeks and not make us wait until Toyfair. My blood is starting to thin because of lack of LOTR stuff. My addiction needs replenishing. Need a fix and need it BAD!! Throw us a bone PLEASE!!!:monkey2

Wetanut said:
I don't care what it/they is/are. I just want an announcement within the next coupla weeks and not make us wait until Toyfair. My blood is starting to thin because of lack of LOTR stuff. My addiction needs replenishing. Need a fix and need it BAD!! Throw us a bone PLEASE!!!:monkey2

Hold on Rumi!!

If the full reveal and preorder is coming in only six weeks, then I don't think that a little advance hint would hurt anything, would it? Certainly not after waiting almost a year...

:rolleyes:

Hero or villain?!?

tomandshell said:
If the full reveal and preorder is coming in only six weeks, then I don't think that a little advance hint would hurt anything, would it? Certainly not after waiting almost a year...

:rolleyes:

Hero or villain?!?

Amen. Witchking in trueform please:D

I thought it would be interesting to review the Premium Format time-line.

November 10, 2005 - Sideshow announce PF LotR
December 22, 2005 - Lurtz announcement
December 30, 2005 - Lurtz available for order
January 26, 2006 - Frodo announcement
February 9, 2006 - Frodo available for order
October 4, 2006 - Lurtz shipping

In 14 months there have been two Lord of the Rings Premium Format figures announced and one delivered. :sick :crying

I'm just saying... :monkey3

Back