The "Please Sideshow Announce the new LOTR Premium Format" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anakin1138

Super Freak
Reaction score
C'mon We need a new announcement, with Frodo coming next month we need to know Who the next Lord of the Rings PF will be.
Who is with me? and who would you like to see next?

My Choice is Gandalf, Gimli or Saruman

I'd like Gandalf the White, Aragorn (at the Black Gates) or Theoden!

Glad someone posted this plea thread and not me. I was seriously considering making one during Christmas Eve but here it goes....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SIDESHOW.....PLEASE!!! PLEASE ANNOUNCE A NEW LOTR PREMIUM FORMAT!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS WAIT ANYMORE!!!! I GROW WEAKER BY THE DAY!! I'M MELTING.....I'M MELTING!!!!!!!

witchlrg.gif

DannieDarKo said:
Glad someone posted this plea thread and not me. I was seriously considering making one during Christmas Eve but here it goes....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SIDESHOW.....PLEASE!!! PLEASE ANNOUNCE A NEW LOTR PREMIUM FORMAT!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS WAIT ANYMORE!!!! I GROW WEAKER BY THE DAY!! I'M MELTING.....I'M MELTING!!!!!!!

witchlrg.gif
Well, that summed up my feelings! Ditto!
Please Sideshow! :monkey2

Please Lurtz is lonely with no one to play with your making him hang out with Star War characters and they just make fun of him.

It looks like Toy Fair will be the next announcement. So what's a year between announcements? This line is becoming a joke. Frodo better kick some serious ass (not look anything like the latest production photos) and the next sculpt better be a home run or a lot of people will bail on this lne, me being one of them.

YES, we need a LoTR announcement to ease my LoTR fix. I got nothing here, Danbury Mint momentarily appeased me, but now SS needs to step up and ANNOUNCE!!!!

I want a new announcement bad. Frodo is fine. I can guarantee some crow will be eaten when he arrives and looks better in person. If folks wanna bail get out now would ya and let people who are dedicated to the line get these pieces.

yeah two more months....so we mybe could see two anouncements....for that it would be nice to see some puzzle pictures f.e. from armor....then we have time to make suggestments.....

My hope is that the year long wait means that we will get the next two announcements relatively close together. I expect one at Toy Fair and one at SDCC. Two in the first six months of 2007 is a LOT better than only one in all of 2006 (and one that was not universally praised like Lurtz was). They have had some time to work and get things right and I'm sure they know that the timing, quality, and character choice of the next release is going to be critical for the success and support of the line.

But if they are sitting there knowing what the next 4-5 pieces in the line are looking like, they know how awesome this collection is shaping up to be. They would rather take their time, get it right, let the fickle collectors bail, and then quietly chuckle to themselves when the line picks up next year and everybody who bailed out comes scrambling back on. It's torture for us to wait so long with no information, but they know what is ahead and it's much easier for them to remain excited about the future of the line. Any major collectible line is like a subway train--people are getting on and off all the time, some stay off, some get back on, but the momentum is stretched over a long period of time. I know that if I quit this line now that I will be getting back on board when Theoden or Boromir are announced. So I will just sit tight and wait as long as I am forced to wait. But I think that the next one will be a strategically awesome release.

tomandshell said:
My hope is that the year long wait means that we will get the next two announcements relatively close together. I expect one at Toy Fair and one at SDCC. Two in the first six months of 2007 is a LOT better than only one in all of 2006 (and one that was not universally praised like Lurtz was). They have had some time to work and get things right and I'm sure they know that the timing, quality, and character choice of the next release is going to be critical for the success and support of the line.

But if they are sitting there knowing what the next 4-5 pieces in the line are looking like, they know how awesome this collection is shaping up to be. They would rather take their time, get it right, let the fickle collectors bail, and then quietly chuckle to themselves when the line picks up next year and everybody who bailed out comes scrambling back on. It's torture for us to wait so long with no information, but they know what is ahead and it's much easier for them to remain excited about the future of the line. Any major collectible line is like a subway train--people are getting on and off all the time, some stay off, some get back on, but the momentum is stretched over a long period of time. I know that if I quit this line now that I will be getting back on board when Theoden or Boromir are announced. So I will just sit tight and wait as long as I am forced to wait. But I think that the next one will be a strategically awesome release.

I agree Tom. This is exactly what I think will happen.

We need another Legendary Scale Bust announcement as well.............Balrog or Gandalf pleaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee..........

You would think with the overwhelming success and fan applause for Lurtz that more LOTR PF's would be announced. O wait but then there is Frodo... ok nevermind! :lol

Fubeca said:
You would think with the overwhelming success and fan applause for Lurtz that more LOTR PF's would be announced. O wait but then there is Frodo... ok nevermind! :lol

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :lol

Personally, I thought that when SS announced that they'll be releasing 2 a year, that it didn't mean 2 "announcements" per year, but rather 2 RELEASES per year. With 2006 practically done, that really meant that only Lurtz was released this year. Frodo will officially be starting off 2007 as being in our hands. If they announce 2 more next year, I'm fearing that the 2 new ones will not even be in our hands before 2007 is done. Unless SS has their flow all figured out that they can churn this out every six months from announcement . . .

C'mon Sideshow, show us what you're made of!

I think 2006 was a year they spend getting everything in place for the LOTR lines. Knowing SS and knowing how much they and we both love LOTR they want nail these pieces. These costumes are some of the most difficult they've done so it takes time. I'm as big a fan of LOTR as anyone here and it pains me to have to wait but I'd rather wait and get awesome pieces than something time and time again going "what if".

Back