The "Please Sideshow Announce the new LOTR Premium Format" Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo went up for preorder in February of 2006 and will ship in January of 2007. It sounds like the third LOTR PF will be announced at Toy Fair next year, and I am betting that it will be a Q4 release that will be bumped back until January of 2008. I have no hope of seeing the next one ship the same year as Frodo. But with any luck, we will get two shipping in 2008. I'm guessing one in January and one in Q4 '08 (delayed from Q3).

Man, that's a long way away...

250px-Amanaman.jpg

Perhaps the Jan. 1 news is a PF announcement? I know we are talking Toy Fair until the next unveiling, but perhaps Sideshow will throw us a bone and reveal a new piece early.

choopie said:
Perhaps the Jan. 1 news is a PF announcement? I know we are talking Toy Fair until the next unveiling, but perhaps Sideshow will throw us a bone and reveal a new piece early.

I think that the news on January 1st will be a brand new license, and not a new item from an existing license (like the next LOTR PF).

:monkey2

tomandshell said:
I think that the news on January 1st will be a brand new license, and not a new item from an existing license (like the next LOTR PF).

:monkey2

Hopefully it'll be more bobble heads.:D

Can't get enough of those awesome collectibles :emperor

I just hope the next PF isn't Gandalf the Gray--I've been able to resist PF figures, but if they do it too well my defenses may not hold! I couldn't resist a perfect Gandalf PF figure..........:(

Captain Aldeggon said:
I just hope the next PF isn't Gandalf the Gray--I've been able to resist PF figures, but if they do it too well my defenses may not hold! I couldn't resist a perfect Gandalf PF figure..........:(

Agreed, A PF Gandalf The Grey/White would be unbearable to resist to me. He's my favorite character from LoTR and I would have to get him....too bad my wallet doesn't agree.

DannieDarKo said:
To your benefit maybe Matt Falls will sculpt ol' Gandalf and you'll have no problem resisting. :monkey1
:lol :lol :lol
But his Frodo likeness is uncanny.

darth dyp**** said:
Yeah..People will bail on this line, until SS announces the next PF will be limited to 75 pieces...Then, watch what happens..:lol
This will suck...75 is not a good number...but 50 is worst. :rotfl

gambit said:
I am here with you all

I want to have PF LOTR line but SS is not announcing and I start to get tired of waiting

I don't have a lot of patience to begin with, but a freaking year inbetween is kinda sad....

Darth Roranous said:
This will suck...75 is not a good number...but 50 is worst. :rotfl

Yep, and the pieces will be allocated to the first 75 people who show up on Sideshow's doorstep. :lol

It'll be worth the wait. :nod Look at Lurtz and Frodo. Can't imagine those costumes are easy to replicate at 1/4 scale, given the rich detail in each one.

Not trying to be a Sideshow apologist, by any means.

Back