The original Fright Night on Blu-ray LIMITED PRESSING OF 3000!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRabba

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I figured it would be an idea to give those of you who are fans of the original the heads up.

Indie DVD label Twilight Time have obtained the rights and are set to release a VERY limited run of 3000 units on Blu-ray. Though there won't be any special features included, it does come with an 8-page color booklet with photos and essay--an isolated score track--and a pair of trailers. Also note that the copy is region free so anyone can buy a copy, no matter where you are!

The transfer is said to be meticulous, bringing the movie back up to it's full glory.

Anyway, I've provided the link below which leads to the pre-order page. The actual street date is December 13th though I pre-order assures that you will receive a copy. Take advantage... this very well may be your only chance to own such an iconic 80's movie in full HD.

Cheers guys, just spreading the word before it's too late! :D

https://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/16595/FRIGHT-NIGHT-BLU-RAY-PRE-ORDER/

374313_294166250602048_199596136725727_1145625_1699332514_n.jpg

Interesting. I'd be interested in buying it if I could read a review of it first. If it's just a straight DVD transfer then no thanks, but if they actually improve on the A/V quality then it might be worth it.

From what I've been led to understand, they had a meeting with director Tom Holland in regards to the transfer. It's most definitely not a transfer from the DVD, most likely sourced from the original film.

I placed my pre-order last night so I'll be more than happy to post a review when it's received.

It's one of my all time favorites so I'm hopeful that the upgrade from the DVD will be worth it!

I know what you mean, for a single movie without bonus features... most definitely the most I've ever spent.

The only real push is that Sony might never step up and release the special edition that the fans have been pining for... meaning that once all 3000 copies are gone, all that will be left is the standard barebones dvd with mediocre quality picture.

It swung me enough to bite the bullet and make the purchase, though I suppose it depends on how much of a fan you are of the movie.

Is is worth $30 for a booklet, crisper sound and image quality?

It's each to their own I guess! Hopefully the transfer will justify the purchase in the end.

Just passing the info along anyway, just for those who might be interested!

i didnt like the movie and feel its very overrated but might still get this for collectors and investment purposes since its limited to 3000 units it can very well sky rocket to the same value as the Rambo Duschland steelbook

This was on Sony Movie Channel in HD last month and that transfer was tight so if that is the one they used for the Blu Ray people will be happy. I think I still have it on the DVR.

Last edited:
Fright Night is my 2nd favorite vampire movie ever. However, I'm still not sold on buying old horror movies on blu ray. The old, gritty factor adds to the creepiness of old horror films IMHO

Fright Night is my 2nd favorite vampire movie ever. However, I'm still not sold on buying old horror movies on blu ray. The old, gritty factor adds to the creepiness of old horror films IMHO

Evil Dead II came out great! It's clear, but it's also very gritty, and old looking. It's the best of both worlds!

Happy holidays guys!

I had meant to post an update after receiving my copy a week or so back. To put it simple, I'm extremely happy with the quality of the transfer. It looks great!

The limited quantity of 3000 copies has now sold out and as I had expected from the start, all the opportunistic flippers have now hit ebay. Copies are selling for upwards of $100. I was also sickened to see Amazon.com listing it for $149.99.

It's a shame for those who missed out.

This much is for sure, I'll be holding on to my copy regardless of the profit margin!

Sorry to hear that you missed out dude! You never know, a special edition may see the light of day after it took only 1 week for the 3000 to sell out....Sony have to see the potential after that!

Back