The Order: 1866 (PS4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking forward to this game since it's initial announcement and still plan to pick up today because I have gift cards, but other than that it doesn't sound promising nor does it sound like its worth $60 in cash. What a disappointment.

the Stealth in the Game is Bad .. as you sneak behind a guy it becomes a QTE prompt where you have to press Triangle at the right time or else you get caught and shot .. and that was frustrating for me instead of giving the player the Ability to execute

I'm enjoying the game for what it is. I "get" what they were trying to achieve.
It's very cinematic. Amazing visuals. I love the characters, acting, atmosphere, music, weapons. I don't mind what little control they give me. I'm definitely just driving an interactive cinematic movie forward with my actions.

That being said, I still felt I had more control than initially thought. I did enjoy the shootouts and when I was able to run, or climb etc.
Yet I was ok when they wanted to keep it cinematic and use QTE's or prompts.

I'm in the underground tunnels using my lantern and it's creepy. It's got me hooked to keep going, figure out what's going to happen next.

Anyone else having trouble equipping the "Knights Arsenal" gear?

It worked in chapter 1,then it reset to the default gear from chapter 2.Now i do equip them,restarts from last checkpoint but still the default gear.

Anyone else having trouble equipping the "Knights Arsenal" gear?

It worked in chapter 1,then it reset to the default gear from chapter 2.Now i do equip them,restarts from last checkpoint but still the default gear.

I read in the description of the DLC, that you have to finish the game. It says once you finish, then you can equip that gear.
So if you need to go back to play it again or certain chapters for collectibles, trophies, equip it after u finish the game first I guess.

the Stealth in the Game is Bad .. as you sneak behind a guy it becomes a QTE prompt where you have to press Triangle at the right time or else you get caught and shot .. and that was frustrating for me instead of giving the player the Ability to execute

Perhaps. But for me, I keep telling myself, this game is just like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, even some of those Telltale games like Walking Dead etc.
It's a bit of those games, meant to be very cinematic, cut scene and story heavy, with some QTE to initiate things. For me, it's actually just a bonus that they threw in a little 3rd person cover shooting to the mix.

I love this game right now and the fact it is short. Play it, enjoy it, eat popcorn during cutscenes, get the platinum and move on.
It's a nice change from the endless open world games I played back to back to back: Far Cry 4, Dragon Age, Dying Light.

I read in the description of the DLC, that you have to finish the game. It says once you finish, then you can equip that gear.
So if you need to go back to play it again or certain chapters for collectibles, trophies, equip it after u finish the game first I guess.

Are you sure?I equipped one of them in the first chapter allthough i didn't get the gun,but i was able to equip the red coat.

If your thinking of getting this game I got one word of advice..don't. Why? Well this is just another disappointing game in a long list of recently released disappointing ps4 games that have promised so much and delivered so little i.e. alien isolation, Watchdogs, destiny and infamous second son. The only good games i've played are actually on the xbox one being titanfall and dead rising.

Although the visuals are great I think that the order 1886 suffers from a lack of freedom in gameplay and also it feels like your watching a movie and not playing a game with all the long cutscenes. The gameplay itself is rather poor and awkward and quickly turns your mind from the joy of playing into an exercise of button mashing and frustration. They definitely didn't concentrate too much on playability because the control system for the game is weak. The game also features too many segments of just walking around doing tedious tasks where you just follow the linear instructions of screen and little else. It takes all the joy out of playing the game because it feels like your simply going through the motions as instructed and are not doing anything out of free will or free roaming.

As already mentioned I think they should have made a movie out of it and not a game. This is the last game I'm going to buy instead of watching and reading reviews first. Too often recently has all the hype for these games not lived up to the expectation. Once bitten twice shy me thinks..

Last edited:
Im on chapter 8 or 9 and i enjoy this so far.I do agree that what they deliver here it would be better as a movie,but it isnt,and i don't care.I love the experience as a whole as is and that's what matters to me.
If you're looking for a shooter with more freedom,they don't bother buying this game as this is far from it.It's a slow paced game with great storytelling and atmosphere.
I loved the one on one fight with the half breed,man that was the best part of the game so far.

I just finished this game earlier this morning. Took me just about 8.5 hours total, and I loved every minute of it. Did the game have problems? Yes, but there aren't many that don't. I have a few minor problems with the game. The biggest one is the un-skippable cutscenes. I wish I could've skipped a few of them, but oh well.

The other one
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the gameplay was serviceable enough. When it worked it was good, but when it didn't it was frustrating to me. I had similar feelings with Uncharted and Gears of War (regarding the cover system game styles

Here's a post from another forum that I support 100% and highlights all of my gripes surrounding this game (not the game itself, but the consensus of the game)
But the price doesn't influence the quality of a game, only its "value". Would The Order 1886 suddenly become better if it was $30? No. It would become an easier buy, I agree. But the game quality will not change. Nothing will change. Only your perception. So many people want game to be "art", but it seems there is still a big business side to things that people have issues with. Again, in my opinion people aren't criticizing the game length because they're wondering if it'll work for The Order 1886, but because other games are longer and more deserving of their money. Despite not having played the game. They're only going off a number.

I have also found no bugs or glitches so far. The game seems to actually work. I do feel, as a gamer that has typically complained about tacked on content, forced MP, day 1 DLC, season's passes - most of these things add no additional value to me, and which in some cases lead to additional cost - not supporting a developer that didn't do those things would be hypocritical.

Just finished it and i liked it. Not a perfect game but it was an enjoyable ride. If i had to rate it i'd give it a 7/10.

Tried to get pick this up at my local Walmart, and it was sold out, Sold out??? At Walmart WTF and I from the reviews I thought is sucked. I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get a copy.

Ok this isn't a bad game..... It should of been marketed as more of an interactive movie game like heavy rain. It's not bad but it's nowhere near perfect . 7/10 from me. The story is very well done and its a gorgeous game and a world I want to explore more but was restricted from. The game should of took its time being a bit more interactive with your soroundings and focused more on the supernatural aspects of the game. The cliff hangers and open endings were great but if they every want to make a second game or a franchise from this then they need to completely revamp some gameplay and the environments your around. I felt like I was being guided through tout the entire game .

i haven't finished it yet,but this is the type of game that is first of it's kind and have potential to be great in a possible sequal.A little more freedom to explore and choose when you can shoot down your enemies or choose stealth would make a huge difference and would be more enjoyable.

judging by the ending and the cutscene midcredits, they are planning a sequel or at least left it open for one.

Last edited:
Back