The official word on Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a strange sort of way, the Mumak they released is a good representation of the end of the line.... where it could have been a great, all powerfull grand finale, releasing the last few essential characters and environments, they sort of fade away, faltering like the dying Oliphaunt.

I would have to say I agree with you too Peter . I love what I have , but I am disappointed in the way it has ended . I surely did not want the line to go on forever(as I can't afford it , nor can most) , and we all knew that was not going to happen , but it seems pretty clear that MOST people on this message board have the same few pieces in mind that , had they been made , would have brought about a truely happy ending for this line .

Here's to hoping for The Hobbit ! :toast

I heard a good point about Faramir not being that major because he was missing in action....he didn't fight at Minas Tirith or the black gate...mostly because he was forced by his mad father to charge to his near death....but the fact is he still wasn't in the battle of Minas Tirith or at the black gate.
I still think though that he's not a major character, maybe he's more of a secondary one, but I think he's somewhere inbetween.

If they think bad guys sell better, then they should have released the Mouth Of Sauron on Steed :D

Regardless if whether or not you consider Faramir a main character or secondary character, he should have been made. For $@%^ sakes, we got:

1. Gil-Gilad bust (1-2 seconds of screentime)
2. Elendil & Islidur busts (only in the prologue along with Gil- Gilad and not in the present story)
3. orc overseer (I don't know if he was in the film or not)
4. orc pitmaster (again, about 2 seconds screentime)
5. orc brute (wasn't he only in the EE for a couple seconds?)
6. Galadhrim Archer (only in the helm's deep battle scene)
7. Easterling (marched into the Black Gates during a scene)
8. Wounded Orc (the line is for LOTR film collectibles but have yet to see him in either 3 films)

..and then we got 4 Aragron pieces (inc. the bust), 4 Gollum pieces, etc... but only a helm for Faramir? We wouldn't even have the helm if it weren't for a Gondorian helm set.

I could keep going but I have to get to work. My point is that even though some of the pieces I mentioned are cool, Faramir deserved to be represented more than any of those pieces! I'm freakin' angry. >:

That in itself is a very bad effect of the lack of Faramir (among others) for a lot of us. It spoils some of the enjoyment we get out of the 'less important' pieces because there's always a little voice at the back of our minds, shouting into a megaphone about how we got that instead of Faramir.

I got the Wounded Orc bust just about an hour ago, and the "but I won't get an Eowyn bust" feeling was a lot stronger than the "it's sort of nice for an Orc chewing an arrow" feeling.

What a poor excuse. He was in the movie longer than at least 1/3 of the charactors they made busts and statues of. Hell he was in it longer than the Belrog, Cave Troll, Moria archer and swordsman, Berserker, Newborn, Mouth of S., all the Trolls, even Wormtongue I believe. That is in addition to those stated above. SS should at least admit they dropped the ball instead of making redicules statements.

Yeah the point is I think Most of us would have been happier with one more piece namley `F` in statue or even Bust for me!.

As some people have stated above, it's a business.

"Human characters don't sell" seems like a very reasonable answer. Aside from the true main characters, Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo - the human characters seem to be far less popular than the bad guys and monsters. SS/W have the statistics, not us, how can you tell them they are wrong?

And I don't recall there being as much demand for Faramir - he came in last in a poll on this site - right after "Other".

And to say they're lying about never intending to do a Faramir? That's just rude. When they started the line there were a lot of statues that were eventually made that weren't part of the line-up.

As for this Fellowship Pippin rumor - let's hear where this came from - all the evidence I've seen or heard indicates no such sculpt was ever produced.

And I don't recall there being as much demand for Faramir - he came in last in a poll on this site

One problem that I have learned with polls , like the one you mentioned dstephan , is that people have a tendancy to vote for the thing they really don't think has a chance , instead of the thing they are certain is a given .
For instance , I think the Mumak was such a popular request because most assumed that there was a small chance in Hell of it ever being made . IMO , I feel that most of the people that are mad now , are mad because , in thier minds , it was never a question of whether or not a Faramir statue was going to be made , but just a question of when . For those of you familliar with the TV show American Idol , you likely know the effect of voting for someone you would like to see move on further , instead of the person you really want to win . Unfortunately , in that instance you may have possibly harmed the chances of success for the person you really want to win .
For those of you that are not famiiliar with the show , then just ignore that bit , I'm just using it to help explain the sometimes negative effect that polls can have . And no offense meant toward you dstephan .

Guys a lot of the blame falls on Weta. They made a lot of decisions on who got made or what got made. They decided they wanted to move on and leave stuff on the table.SS was left high and dry. You wanna bust someones balls about it bust Wetas.

wow...................just wow.....................new necro record.............:clap

eomer and faramir are ss planned in making

You know, if you're looking for information on Faramir and Eomer you can find it in the first few threads here in the LOTR section....you don't have to start dredging up 11 year old threads.....necroposters! :slap

Man, I saw this thread and I thought there was new word on a Faramir maquette or PF, not a necropost from 2005... :monkey2

wow i was actually reading this yesterday, going back to the last pages in this forum to see what we were all talking about...... i certainly didn't expect to see it at the top of page 1 the next day!!!

wow i was actually reading this yesterday, going back to the last pages in this forum to see what we were all talking about...... i certainly didn't expect to see it at the top of page 1 the next day!!!

Just look at what you've started. :lol

TheKurgan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back