The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I hate when changes are made to films. It's that simple.

The Fellowship prologue had Ian Holm as Bilbo in the Riddles in the dark scene and that's that. The film was made for 2001 and should be kept as such. "Tinkering" with it is something George Lucas would do.

With that said, bring on the Hobbit. I can't wait to see that exact scene, replicated next year. In fact, I can't wait to see the riddles in the dark in general.

This is going to be fantastic.

I hate when changes are made to films. It's that simple.

The Fellowship prologue had Ian Holm as Bilbo in the Riddles in the dark scene and that's that. The film was made for 2001 and should be kept as such. "Tinkering" with it is something George Lucas would do.

With that said, bring on the Hobbit. I can't wait to see that exact scene, replicated next year. In fact, I can't wait to see the riddles in the dark in general.

This is going to be fantastic.

That's the argument everyone makes when this conversation is had.

Everyone.

And I don't get it. PJ is not Lucas. I don't see Jackson going back and adding now creatures or changing the special effects. I am only talking about fixing one continuity error.

There is actually one spot in the SW OT that was changed in this way that I really appreciate. And that's the end of ROTJ where Luke sees the "ghost Jedi's" and Anakin is young. The actor was changed to keep continuity with the new trilogy. Some may not even like that, but I think it helps to make the series feel real and cohesive.

Having two different actors playing young Bilbo will take me out of Fellowship when I watch it now, if only for a moment.

the riddles in the Dark scene will be fantastic.it plays out well in the book,the film,by PJ,should be no different only better due to the visual aspect and the films score!!

There is actually one spot in the SW OT that was changed in this way that I really appreciate. And that's the end of ROTJ where Luke sees the "ghost Jedi's" and Anakin is young. The actor was changed to keep continuity with the new trilogy. Some may not even like that, but I think it helps to make the series feel real and cohesive.

Having two different actors playing young Bilbo will take me out of Fellowship when I watch it now, if only for a moment.

Like I said,

DO NOT WANT!

Just watched the Hobbit trailer for the 5th time. Man, almost a year away and, even then, we gotta wait ANOTHER year for ANOTHER one. :(

Like I said,

DO NOT WANT!

Meh, I still don't understand why.

Just seems like an irrational emotional reaction. But it's a reaction that most people share, so I guess I'll go crawl back into my hole. :lol

So, I don't know if it has been posed yet (and there are a lot of pages to trawl through) so please just direct me to the answer, or speculation as it may be, but I need to ask: What are the chances we'll see HT make some Hobbit figures? I would DIE of joy if they did, and I assume it would open the floodgates to them making LOTR figures too.... sadly, but a dream I fear.

Btw, I definitely want the teaser poster.

eKvL6.jpg

So, I don't know if it has been posed yet (and there are a lot of pages to trawl through) so please just direct me to the answer, or speculation as it may be, but I need to ask: What are the chances we'll see HT make some Hobbit figures? I would DIE of joy if they did, and I assume it would open the floodgates to them making LOTR figures too.... sadly, but a dream I fear.

I for one would want this....but im sure it wont.

wait and see i guess.If they were to announce having the license...today would be the best day for it.

Meh, I still don't understand why.

Just seems like an irrational emotional reaction. But it's a reaction that most people share, so I guess I'll go crawl back into my hole. :lol

Yo, Maglor I don't like how you turned out. I'm going to go back in time to when you were a kid and make some adjustments so you're more like me as an adult.

Sound good?

Btw, I definitely want the teaser poster.

eKvL6.jpg

Great poster, really fitting for the film too.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

That's the argument everyone makes when this conversation is had.

Everyone.

And I don't get it. PJ is not Lucas. I don't see Jackson going back and adding now creatures or changing the special effects. I am only talking about fixing one continuity error.

:goodpost:

Have to agree. I thought that change in OST was perfect and fit in well. But, I was one of the few that enjoyed the prequels for what they were, more star wars. (I was pretty young when phantom came out).

I may enjoy this more then LOTR.

I could never get into it. They're good movies. I'm just eh to them.

But that trailer looks really nice. And I love Jackson's style.

Yeah, the trailer is awesome, I've noticed that many movies are moving away from the traditional trailer type. Soft opening, loud middle and a money shot at the end. These new trailer types and tones are very cool though. If anybody catches my drift.

Back