The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Saw FOTR EE with director commentary on Monday and then the highlights of the appendices, and did the same yesterday with TTT EE. Hopefully will do ROTK too on Tuesday or Wednesday...

I don't know why but i started watching all 3 of them (extended) yesterday. Just finished FOTR. Taking it slow and watching 1/2 of one a day or so.

I don't know why but i started watching all 3 of them (extended) yesterday. Just finished FOTR. Taking it slow and watching 1/2 of one a day or so.

Coz I planted that seed! Just finished disc 1 of Return of the King. Part 2 after I eat! Gotta say, seeing these extended movies back to back really emphasises what an epic job PJ and co did. They're beautiful films imo. Every actor provided standout performances. Possibly some of the dialogue PJ and Fran put in was slightly cheesy on the odd occasion (Particularly Sam's monologue at the end of the Twin Towers) however by and large it was a faultless production considering the scope involved.

I've got a new found admiration for PJ, NZ is a beautiful country and i'm glad shooting has stayed there and, well...BRING ON THE HOBBIT!!:fireworks:gollum:

I just watched Big again this past weekend and I was floored to read that Howard Shore scored the movie. His style of writing for LOTR is so different. With John Williams you pretty much know his scores the second you hear them because his style is so distinctive. But Howard Shore.... wow. I have no doubt if he attempts epic, epic it will be.

Have they said anything about him coming back for it?

Attachments

• xmgl.jpg
    xmgl.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 2

Yes. He has already begun work on it. I think someone even posted a link to this news a few pages back.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rkPjW42JPpw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rkPjW42JPpw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

NZ is Middle Earth. :lecture

No place can touch it.:exactly:

^^^ awesome. Thanks for posting that. :cool:

James Nesbitt to play Bofur.
James Nesbitt is a very well known actor in the UK and plays a lot of major TV roles
article-1288716271384-0A744B0A000005DC-214249_636x510.jpg

Adam Brown has also been cast as Ori
adam_brown-240x300.jpg

I don't know much about him

Hope the ball gets rolling soon. As soon as they started announcing the cast and that it would be filmed in NZ, more trouble with MGM's bankruptcy problems.

hobbit2.jpg

Now that it is official I figured it would be nice to have on thread dedicated to the Hobbit.For every thig dealing with The hobbit please insert here. This wait is going to be agonizing!:D

Ive been waiting 32 years for this film.
I still have that rankin bass soft back book my mom bought me when I was a wee lad.

I like these books! I read the Hobbit now in my language (German) and also in English and he's got so a beautiful language. Tolkien has found such a beautiful mythology and i like the films very much. I hope the Hobbit-films will be at least so good as the LotR movies.
This films set a very high standard for fantasy(-films).

Just thought I'd add to the people anticipating this... I actually started reading LOTR again (either the fourth or fifth time) - just finished Fellowship! Can't wait to see this movie...

Howard Shore Returns For The Hobbit

https://www.enewsi.com/movies/190-19050.html

TheProvince.com reports that Canadian-born composer Howard Shore will be doing the score for the upcoming Peter Jackson directed Hobbit movie.

Shore won Oscars for his work on the original Lord of the Rings trilogy score and now it looks like he will be heading back to Middle-Earth for the next 3 years.

"We've talked about making these movies for many years, at least since 2002," Shore says. "It looks like finally it's going to be happening. I'll be working on it for the next three years -- it's going to consume a lot of my time and work now."

Back