The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

The masses say your wrong. He made Billions. Plus gave us a couple of the most beloved franchises/characters in movie history. You bash him because he didn't make SW1,2,3 and IJATKOTCS your way. Again tough. I know just from reading your posts it really bothered you a lot. Do I think the films coulda been better, Sure you bet. According to you he's a coward but you are a brave tough guy on the net forum telling him and the world how it should be. And you do give a **** otherwise you wouldn't be here ranting. If he got a little dumb so what. It's his money and life. You don't like what he did with it,oh well. You don't like the product don't buy it. That's how it goes. I won't ever tell a guy how to spend his money unless they ask me. This Lucas bash goes beyond normal rationale and borders possibly on the obsessive.

yeah... didn't he RETIRE from all the bashing and jokes he got? And I am not even bashing him, But the guy stopped making movies and gave away his Star Wars universe to Disney and then donated the money...
I kind of feel bad for the guy, I really hate the prequels, but...

yeah... didn't he RETIRE from all the bashing and jokes he got? And I am not even bashing him, But the guy stopped making movies and gave away his Star Wars universe to Disney and then donated the money...
I kind of feel bad for the guy, I really hate the prequels, but...

Basically it's a bash for getting old and not being able to keep up the old standard

He's a dumbass who doesn't understand his audience.

Making crappy prequels is one thing, but telling everyone the versions they grew up with and loved for years was wrong, and then replacing them with inferior versions is far worse. He can rot in his basement for all I care. The man had it coming.

Eh, I think uncle George is a pretty cool guy. He was like a wizard back in the day.

I remember when I was a kid watching the originals before the prequels even existed I was mesmerized by the interviews and making of features.

Even if he did cash in at the end . . . we still supported and bought all that junk.

I have a feeling Lucas is doing all right. :lol

Eh, I think uncle George is a pretty cool guy. He was like a wizard back in the day.

I remember when I was a kid watching the originals before the prequels even existed I was mesmerized by the interviews and making of features.

Even if he did cash in at the end . . . we still supported and bought all that junk.

I can't. Whatever he did was erased the moment he erased the original versions. If all he did was the crappy prequels, I wouldn't even care that much. They are what they are. And I don't have to watch them.

But his versions of the original films will never not frustrate me. I'd be like if Peter Jackson replaced all the LOTR films with the HFR and told you that's all you're going to get. It'd be no bueno.

I bet Peter Jackson does do that in the future. He'll edit the original Fellowship Prologue with Hobbit riddles in the dark, add scenes with the Hobbit Dwarves, digitally erase old council Gloin with new council Gloin, as well as convert the movies.

Look what they did with the color filters for the blu ray editions. :lol

Newer = Better.

Agreed....

I can't. Whatever he did was erased the moment he erased the original versions. If all he did was the crappy prequels, I wouldn't even care that much. They are what they are. And I don't have to watch them.

But his versions of the original films will never not frustrate me. I'd be like if Peter Jackson replaced all the LOTR films with the HFR and told you that's all you're going to get. It'd be no bueno.

I will agree to that.. As long as we have the choice to which versions to see. Choice is the key. It's his film and can do whatever the hell he wants but give us the right to choose versions

I bet Peter Jackson does do that in the future. He'll edit the original Fellowship Prologue with Hobbit riddles in the dark, add scenes with the Hobbit Dwarves, digitally erase old council Gloin with new council Gloin, as well as convert the movies.

Look what they did with the color filters for the blu ray editions. :lol

Newer = Better.

emot-smithicide.gif

He's a dumbass who doesn't understand his audience.

Making crappy prequels is one thing, but telling everyone the versions they grew up with and loved for years was wrong, and then replacing them with inferior versions is far worse. He can rot in his basement for all I care. The man had it coming.

It's his film but again as long as the viewer has the power to choose it's ok.

I will agree to that.. As long as we have the choice to which versions to see. Choice is the key. It's his film and can do whatever the hell he wants but give us the right to choose versions

It is, to a point. He made the films, but to ignore his audience completely is something that blows my mind. It's one thing to disappoint, but it's another thing to take away everything they love. If these movies were made for him to watch at his home, then he can do whatever he wants with it.....but he released them to the public, and to his audience. He should give them a bit of respect. Even if he feels they don't deserve it.

Also, as ****ty as Bay's Transformers flicks are, for all intents and purposes, he never once wanted to re-do, or update the classic show/movie to complement his films. It's just something you don't do.

And yes. Choice is key. I 100% agree.

I bet Peter Jackson does do that in the future. He'll edit the original Fellowship Prologue with Hobbit riddles in the dark, add scenes with the Hobbit Dwarves, digitally erase old council Gloin with new council Gloin, as well as convert the movies...

I'll buy it. :wacky

Yup, yup.

Then you guys will also buy the 6th edition when Peter Jackson deems that Aragorn chopping off the Mouth Of Saurons head was too much and makes it so that the Mouth swings first.

I can see it now.

Yup, yup.

Then you guys will also buy the 6th edition when Peter Jackson deems that Aragorn chopping off the Mouth Of Saurons head was too much and makes it so that the Mouth swings first.

I can see it now.

Yup...maybe if Nolan does a George Lucas with TDKR maybe it will improve it for you. Lol

Maybe. That would take a lot of editing though!

I'd be like if Peter Jackson replaced all the LOTR films with the HFR and told you that's all you're going to get.

Actually it'd be like PJ taking the LOTR and only updating 25% of the scenes with HFR, so not only are the movies butchered but they cut back and forth between the new and old technology depending on the scene. :slap

:lol

Yup, yup.

I can see it now.

That's funny. :lol

Back