The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Adolfo, I just rewatched that original trailer and Gandalf is wielding Glamdring which means that scene has to take place after 'An Unexpected Journey'.

Adolfo, I just rewatched that original trailer and Gandalf is wielding Glamdring which means that scene has to take place after 'An Unexpected Journey'.

Ok...so we have our answer then...I cant believe I missed the Sword...Good eye Snad...I bet it's the way I described and Thrain was alive and imprisoned all this time...plus it would have been in the first film if PJ had kept it to 2 films...probrably took place right after leaving Beorn's house leaving the 14 to dwell in the forest on their own...That first trailer was made over 6 months prior to the anouncement of the change from 2 to 3 films....:impatient:look forward to seeing it 51 weeks from now lol:impatient:

Last edited:

True^

At least we'll only have to wait for summer after we see pt2

Just saw it and loved it. I kept hearing that the first hour was really slow, but in my opinion the first hour was the best part of the entire film. It was entertaining, funny, serious, and really told the story well.

I love the rest as well. The only issues I had was that some of the battle scenes were just too much. I have an incredible sense of disbelief, but when the Goblin King showed up on the bridge, and the bridge got destroyed, the whole scene of the dwarves falling down through the rocks was just too much and completely unnecessary. There were several scenes like this.

Acting first rate. Really liked all the dwarves. Was afraid I wouldn't like how goofy some of them looked, but it worked. Cinematography gorgeous. The Misty Mountains song was so awesome and I can't get it out of my head!

Absolutely cannot wait for The Desolation of Smaug.

EDIT: Btw, I saw it in IMAX 3D (not 48 fps), and it really looked quite fantastic. I actually forgot I was watching 3D after a while.

Last edited:

Goblin Town was MIND BLOWING. I could look at that for hours. And Rivendell was gorgeous, especially where they had the meeting at the top.

Visually speaking Erebor and Goblin Town were maybe the two best looking places in the movie. Just visually so good looking. Rivendell is already exceptional and it looked as great as ever.

The ending was phenomenal....The trees, azog fight, Bilbo's bravery,Eagles rescue,Thorin hugging Bilbo and that final view they got of Erebor beyond Mirkwood just got me...plus Smaug waking up to the sound of the Thrush knocking...just beautiful...My favorite film of 2012 and believe it or not my favorite Tolkien film...If I was going to edit this film It would be maybe 5 minutes that I would remove, that's it...but again the More Middle Earth the better

Last edited:

I just listened to the whole score. Nice indeed. Might go steal it. :lol

I'm with ya. I was pulled in from start to finish. :rock For me I felt like I watched the book come to life the same way I feel when I watch Lord of the Rings.

I just saw it in 48 fps my second viewing. Weird, weird ****. :lol

The experience was just what I imagined. The CGI crap looked better though, but human actors looked ridiculous, especially at Bag End.

I can forgive bad CGI, as long as the important stuff has good CGI.

Like Gollum. Everyone else was filler CG. :D

Which track on the OST actually plays the main theme?

Can't find the ******. :(

this will tell you.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZrnHDQpRA[/ame]

Back