The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I noticed in the opening shots of the most recent production blog that the bird Radagast is speaking to is an American Robin. I thought that was an interesting choice for a Middle-earth bird species, considering that it can only be found in North America. I was impressed that the sound effects used for the bird are actual American Robin recordings. All too often when birds are used in films, they use incorrect sound effects for the species. I appreciate the sound team's attention to detail in this instance. I know no one else cares about this, but I do! :p

Additionally I found this shot today of the Goblin King. I'm not sure what it's from, but boy is he ugly.

16gb.jpg

I noticed in the opening shots of the most recent production blog that the bird Radagast is speaking to is an American Robin. I thought that was an interesting choice for a Middle-earth bird species, considering that it can only be found in North America. I was impressed that the sound effects used for the bird are actual American Robin recordings. All too often when birds are used in films, they use incorrect sound effects for the species. I appreciate the sound team's attention to detail in this instance. I know no one else cares about this, but I do! :p

Are you sure based on the air/speed velocity it's not an African or European swallow. ;) :p :D

Additionally I found this shot today of the Goblin King. I'm not sure what it's from, but boy is he ugly...

You know, the more I see of the Goblin King, the more I'm not sure if I like the design they went with. I wonder what the other concepts were but this one's not really what I had pictured in my head when I read the books.

Are you sure based on the air/speed velocity it's not an African or European swallow. ;) :p :D

Hahaha. :rotfl

Now that you mention it, I forgot to say how they even paid attention to American Robin's flight patterns! Yes, each bird flies differently, and they nailed the robin's flight perfectly!

You know, the more I see of the Goblin King, the more I'm not sure if I like the design they went with. I wonder what the other concepts were but this one's not really what I had pictured in my head when I read the books.

I haven't read the book since the 90's. I don't even remember how I pictured the Goblin King.

Hahaha. :rotfl

Now that you mention it, I forgot to say how they even paid attention to American Robin's flight patterns! Yes, each bird flies differently, and they nailed the robin's flight perfectly!

You must be a Bird Watcher, I dont think anybody else other than an Ornithologist would pick up on that.

Kudo's to the Production team for creating a level of realism 99% of people would never even notice.

Josh, got my Hobbit glasses today. Now I don't want to open them up! :lol

I got a few pairs online for me and my wife, since our theaters won't have them available. They have a nice brown storage pouch with the Hobbit logo on it, and the glasses themselves fold up nicely and have slightly larger lenses than the usual kind they give you at the theater, so I can see a bit better--I am going to bring these with me from now on when I go to see a 3D movie at the theater. (Just won't work at IMAX.)

Where are you guys getting these glasses from? :dunno

Amazon......

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/THE-HOBBIT-UNEXPECTED-JOURNEY-Packaging/dp/B009YQA7X6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354140943&sr=8-1&keywords=The+HObbit+3d[/ame]

I got my first pair in 4 days, so I would go for the free shipping if you qualify.

Did you get any Avengers 3D glasses? I didn't bother since they didn't have Hawkeye ones. Boo. :D

Are you kidding me, with the amount of times I saw that movie. :lol

I gotz them all :yess:

Wife wants me to Ebay them :(

***** :lol

Now I want Coulson 3D glasses :lol

Last edited:

I have to decide between going to AMC Extended marathon or Cinemark. AMC will have the poster (probably), but Cinemark is playing in the XD theater :panic:

I have to decide between going to AMC Extended marathon or Cinemark. AMC will have the poster (probably), but Cinemark is playing in the XD theater :panic:

Did you see the four posters they have for the IMAX viewing of The Hobbit? :(

Back