The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

Hating on things is what the kewl kids do. :rolleyes:

I seriously don't get these Disney PF choices.

Our Inside Look video may help shed some light: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=353&key=license&val=Disney

I believe the intention is that Sideshow will be doing a lot of the 'bad guys' (ie: Evil Queen) and live-action Disney characters that have a ton of fan support but not many collectibles created of them. There are many many other companies doing all the 'classic' characters... princesses, Mickey, etc.... which isn't to say that we won't EVER do those characters, but Sideshow's MO has always been to be a little on the 'niche' side of popular licenses. Yes, beloved main characters are represented in our Star Wars and Marvel lines, but there are also some truly awesome 'niche' characters peppered in... Man-Thing for instance. Disney just started, give it some time to really kick in :duff

The Rocketeer is actually one of my favorite movies... if not in the top 10, for sure in the top 20. It came out when I was like in 6th or 7th grade, and I went to see it on opening night... I was so excited! I bought all the comics and books surrounding it. I have even avoided "spoilers" of the PF... I haven't even seen the finished piece - I want to be excited along with you guys when it's revealed tomorrow night :)

So, what's with all the Rocketeer hate on our Facebook profile page? I don't get it. It's a fun movie, perfectly capturing the original material it's based on. Perhaps people don't realize it's based on the 30s & 40s pulp serials and thus REQUIRES that cheesiness? :dunno

Completely Under-Rated delightful 30s Era Send Up.

The Talent behind the film, from James Horner's Score to Rick Baker's work... and the late 30s Iconography of Flying Races, Golden Era Hollywood, Howard Hughes (played by Terry O'Quinn from LOST) Nazi's and a duplicitous Errol Flynn (nailed by Timothy Dalton) will always stand up over time IMO as a Fun nod to the Era.

Sorvino was plucked fresh from Goodfellas as a Patriotic Mobster, Arkin was superb, and Jennifer... Oh, Jennifer.

Last edited:

Completely Under-Rated delightful 30s Era Send Up.

The Talent behind the film, from James Horner's Score to Rick Baker's work... and the late 30s Iconography of Flying Races, Golden Era Hollywood, Howard Hughes (played by Terry O'Quinn from LOST) Nazi's and a duplicitous Errol Flynn nailed by Timothy Dalton will always stand up over time IMO as a Fun nod to the Era.

Sorvino was plucked fresh from Goodfellas as a Patriotic Mobster, Arkin was superb, and Jennifer... Oh, Jennifer.

:lecture

He's like Indiana Jones only he can fly, whats not to like?

Anybody that hates on the Rocketeer is a grade-A moron. The character has a big cult fan following. Screw the haters.

There are many many other companies doing all the 'classic' characters... princesses, Mickey, etc.... which isn't to say that we won't EVER do those characters, but Sideshow's MO has always been to be a little on the 'niche' side of popular licenses.

Actually, when the Disney PF license was first announced, a Belle and Beast PF was the very first thing I thought of and wanted. Given the Evil Queen, Snow White is totally needed, as is a Jessica Rabbit.

Now sure, evil characters and live action is all well and good, and I'll likely get a couple of the 'bad girls' (I have the Evil Queen on order). I know this can be a long term license and things take time, but by around this time next year, there better be some announcement of either Belle, Beast, Snow White, Jessica, etc.

Just so I'm clear, no hating of the Rocketeer or evil characters in general, but I want it understood, I'm expecting so much more from the Disney PF line then the bad guys, otherwise my purchases will be very limited and my annoyance very great.

Actually, when the Disney PF license was first announced, a Belle and Beast PF was the very first thing I thought of and wanted. Given the Evil Queen, Snow White is totally needed, as is a Jessica Rabbit.

Now sure, evil characters and live action is all well and good, and I'll likely get a couple of the 'bad girls' (I have the Evil Queen on order). I know this can be a long term license and things take time, but by around this time next year, there better be some announcement of either Belle, Beast, Snow White, Jessica, etc.

Just so I'm clear, no hating of the Rocketeer or evil characters in general, but I want it understood, I'm expecting so much more from the Disney PF line then the bad guys, otherwise my purchases will be very limited and my annoyance very great.

The Rocketeer is a good guy and he kicks ass! SideShow does superheroes so why should this be any different? Get ought of mah keeetchuuuun!!!!

The Rocketeer is a good guy and he kicks ass! SideShow does superheroes so why should this be any different? Get ought of mah keeetchuuuun!!!!

Yes, I know, guess I should have been a bit more specific, 'Bad guys' and Live action. What I really want are some of the good guys (well girls) but animated, not live action.

Yes, I know, guess I should have been a bit more specific, 'Bad guys' and Live action. What I really want are some of the good guys (well girls) but animated, not live action.

You will hurt me no more.

Lalalalalala I can not read what you're posting.

heh Just buggin' yeah. Rocketeer is a great choice. Admit it. I said admit it!!! :angrycanu

Sideshow are getting better at picking their subject matter.This will be the third week in a row that i ve been up at 3AM for a pre-order.The first week was the Punisher,last week was Rambo which though a huge disappointment alerted me to the pre-order for Hot Toys Iron Man,so that was good.Keep it up,great stuff!!

heh Just buggin' yeah. Rocketeer is a great choice. Admit it. I said admit it!!! :angrycanu

Never said it wasn't, I'm sure it will turn out very well done indeed. I just don't want animated bad guys and live action heroes to be all that defines the Disney PF line.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

I've been waiting for this day for a very long time.... :banana

So who else had to watch the film again this week in anticipation!? :wave

Back