The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

While I am thrilled with this piece, and most likely getting it, I thought there would be other ones first.

Like Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse, that clan. Not that I would want them first, they are simply the ones that ID the most with Disney IMO, or one of the princesses, etc.

Personally I am glad the Rocketee is coming. I really think it will be a knockout PF.

Personally I am glad the Rocketee is coming. I really think it will be a knockout PF.

I hope you're right (and think you are :banana) but it better have a real metal jet pack! :lecture

While I am thrilled with this piece, and most likely getting it, I thought there would be other ones first.

Like Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse, that clan. Not that I would want them first, they are simply the ones that ID the most with Disney IMO, or one of the princesses, etc.

But this and Cap'n Jack fit the Sideshow demographic much better than Mickey or Minnie or even the Evil Queen. They're branching out and attracting typical Disney fans, but they are also using the license to serve their longtime customers as well. It's an obvious choice and definitely going to be a cool piece.

DAMN,the likeness is very off... :D

Seriously though,i loved this movie as a kid,i will check out the PF and MIGHT order it.

Rocketeer is one of the most underrated comic flicks of all-time. I can not wait for this bad boy to go up on preorder. Consider this bought!

Also, how is this release a bad choice for a PF?! Damn fleabag! Explain yourself!

Great Choice for a PF. Perfect display piece in fact...

And I think I just agreed with Eli for the first time in three years. See, Eli, you're not ALWAYS wrong. :lol

Seriously, way underrated Flick. Look at the Talent involved behind the scenes. And Jennifer, oh My God Jennifer was a voluptuous early 20s Vixen back then... WOW.

It has also been revealed Errol Flynn Did have some nefarious connections with the Third Reich. Creepy.

This PF will sell out fast. Very fast.

Last edited:

I have missed on all the 12" figures to this point so this will be a definite purchase.

I hope you're right (and think you are :banana) but it better have a real metal jet pack! :lecture
I thought a metal jet pack would be a nice touch, too. I wonder if making it from a thinner metal would make it susceptible to dents but making it from heavier stock might make it prohibitively heavy. (For a PF, that is).

I thought a metal jet pack would be a nice touch, too.

Why would the Rocketeer have a jet pack? :lol

If you mean Rocket pack then yes a metal one would be awesome. :banana

I don’t know who would be interested but I’m working on a Jenny Blake head sculpt and dress. It would be like the Rachel Dawes set I did a few months ago, you would have to supply the body.

Why would the Rocketeer have a jet pack? :lol

If you mean Rocket pack then yes a metal one would be awesome. :banana

I don’t know who would be interested but I’m working on a Jenny Blake head sculpt and dress. It would be like the Rachel Dawes set I did a few months ago, you would have to supply the body.

Do you have any WIP pics?

MR already released one, should go well with the PF, which is looking great.

PICT1346-3-1.jpg

thanks for the pic...very cool

i love rocketeer character! finally a PF!

The Rocketeer is actually one of my favorite movies... if not in the top 10, for sure in the top 20. It came out when I was like in 6th or 7th grade, and I went to see it on opening night... I was so excited! I bought all the comics and books surrounding it. I have even avoided "spoilers" of the PF... I haven't even seen the finished piece - I want to be excited along with you guys when it's revealed tomorrow night :)

So, what's with all the Rocketeer hate on our Facebook profile page? I don't get it. It's a fun movie, perfectly capturing the original material it's based on. Perhaps people don't realize it's based on the 30s & 40s pulp serials and thus REQUIRES that cheesiness? :dunno

Back