The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

Loved those Pacific comic editions! I'm not sure if most fans realize that the Cliff Secord (The Rocketeer) in the comic was modeled after Dave himself. I mean it literally was Dave as the Rocketeer. The Betty from the comics resembled Bettie Page, and in fact, it was Dave who helped bring her back into the limelight as one of the top glamour pin-up models of the past. Anyone else remember the Rocketeer model kit that was sculpted by Randy Bowen? I believe Screamin' manufactured the kit. I though about putting it together, but my modeling skills are zilch! Glad to finally have the PF after all these years!

Loved those Pacific comic editions! I'm not sure if most fans realize that the Cliff Secord (The Rocketeer) in the comic was modeled after Dave himself. I mean it literally was Dave as the Rocketeer. The Betty from the comics resembled Bettie Page, and in fact, it was Dave who helped bring her back into the limelight as one of the top glamour pin-up models of the past. Anyone else remember the Rocketeer model kit that was sculpted by Randy Bowen? I believe Screamin' manufactured the kit. I though about putting it together, but my modeling skills are zilch! Glad to finally have the PF after all these years!

This is an old picture, but still got the Screamin ¼ kit. :joy

dsc00486copy.jpg

Ordered the exclusive :banana …Trevor nailed it again, that guy is just sic. :lecture

We’ll see when I got it if I can make some cool use of the ¼ vinyl helm. :idea

:D

Last edited:

:lol so im guessing you like it! and im guessing you will be heading to sideshow tomorrow to see it in person! lol Hope Travis doesn't get Jealous :lol

Saw it in person today :rock It's so cool. Seriously awesome. Can't wait until it starts shipping and everyone starts taking pictures of it displayed - I expect some cool photoshop work with it :emperor

As for edition sizes, they aren't announced right away because they like to give it a couple weeks to see how it goes - how many cancel right away (buyer's remorse - you'd be surprised how many cancellations occur within 1-2 days after the items goes up), etc. They set an online ticker at a certain number that they know they don't want to exceed, and then take it from there. And no, I'm not at liberty to reveal any numbers prior to the official announcement, so don't ask ;) :duff

As for edition sizes, they aren't announced right away because they like to give it a couple weeks to see how it goes - how many cancel right away (buyer's remorse - you'd be surprised how many cancellations occur within 1-2 days after the items goes up), etc. They set an online ticker at a certain number that they know they don't want to exceed, and then take it from there. And no, I'm not at liberty to reveal any numbers prior to the official announcement, so don't ask ;) :duff

Aaaah! So that's why it works that way. THANK YOU so much for posting that. It's one of those things I figured everybody else knew and I didn't.

And here is a fine coffee table book to go with your fine purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/Brush-Passion-Life-Dave-Stevens/dp/1599290103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254579711&sr=8-1

:rock

Found this Pic of the unpainted Trevor Grove Cliff Secord Sculpt on DeviantArt. Trevor has an account there...

SSC_Rocketeer_Cliff_Secord_by_trev_solo.jpg

My god that thing is amazing.

Great Work, Trev. :clap

This Trevor Grove sculpted head is the reason why this Ex sold out so Quickly IMO. You know it's gonna serve the Piece well.

We were lucky as hell to score Trev's talents on this Cliff head. :rock

Last edited:

I am absolutely going to display this PF with Trev's Campbell sculpt. His talent is off the charts! The helmet will go "on the side".

Dusty, thanks so much for that explanation about the ES. That makes total sense and answers a long-standing question with me. :banana

Great Work, Trev. :clap

This Trevor Grove sculpted head is the reason why this Ex sold out so Quickly IMO. You know it's gonna serve the Piece well.

We were lucky as hell to score Trev's talents on this Cliff head. :rock

Hell yea I will buy anything trevor sculpts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ruHtN1uzPS8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ruHtN1uzPS8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am super pumped to get this!
one of my fav disney movies !

Ordered the regular version,as i have no plans displaying it with the Exclusive head but it looks damn nice for sure.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ruHtN1uzPS8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ruHtN1uzPS8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am super pumped to get this!
one of my fav disney movies !

Thanks for the Vid, Snake.

You know, I think SSC is really proud of this piece. And you know they come here to read our comments, so they know we feel the same way -- on THIS one. But that Vid presentation shows they are really pumped about this piece. They know its one of their Best.

As I said on day one of seeing it, This is a Work of Art.

Cool PF, but no interest in the character. Never got into this movie at the time. Gotta pick and choose anyway, since can't have everything.

Back