The Official Rocketeer Appreciation Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format Rocketeer

Wonderful PF, definately one of the better examples of the medium! :clap :eek :clap

It is a stark contrast to what we saw last week. :horror

Ordered an Exclusive.

Better pic of the rocket pack please though.

While this PF is a work of art, the background that is used here does flatter the character's art deco style.

300005_press01.jpg

Did not order. The exclusive isn't done in the most attractive manner to me. I was really hoping for a Classic Iron Man situation where you'd have a Cliff switch-o-head but also a hand that switches out to hold the actual helmet. Just the Cliff head isn't really all that a big deal to me so I'll nab a regular down the line for cheaper than MSRP.

Disney .... high ES ... be prepared ... :monkey1

The Evil Queen has a pretty low ES, so in the interest of keeping the line going, I half expect this one will too.

So, as long as production turns out just as good (dark tan Rocketeer anyone), then so far SS are bating 2 for 2 on the Disney PF line.

Here's to years of PF's and all that characters that everyone really wants.

This might just be the angle but why does it look like to me the head looks a bit big for his body?????? With the helmet it looks fine but there's something odd about it.....

I ordered anyway because it is an awesome PF....

rock.jpg

300005_press01.jpg

But this and Cap'n Jack fit the Sideshow demographic much better than Mickey or Minnie or even the Evil Queen. They're branching out and attracting typical Disney fans, but they are also using the license to serve their longtime customers as well. It's an obvious choice and definitely going to be a cool piece.

Good points Dave. I never did consider the Rocketeer fans as long term, but they obviously are. It is also very apparent in this thread.

Did not order. The exclusive isn't done in the most attractive manner to me. I was really hoping for a Classic Iron Man situation where you'd have a Cliff switch-o-head but also a hand that switches out to hold the actual helmet. Just the Cliff head isn't really all that a big deal to me so I'll nab a regular down the line for cheaper than MSRP.

I know what you mean Mike, holding a hemet would have been very cool.

I think though SS really hit a classic pose with this too though. It is a piece that can easily be displayed in many settings.

This might just be the angle but why does it look like to me the head looks a bit big for his body?????? With the helmet it looks fine but there's something odd about it.....

I ordered anyway because it is an awesome PF....

rock.jpg

300005_press01.jpg

I think it's Campbell's hair that makes the portrait look large.

I went ahead and ordered the exclusive as well. I agree with Mike though, and think the EX. should have been something other than a portrait. Same situation with the Indy PF. I have to date, never displayed him without his fedora, and the one time my wife saw me try on the alternate fedora-less portrait she said " hey, they forgot his hat!". I don't see myself displaying this PF without his helmet so I might go for the Reg as well down the line.

I think it's Campbell's hair that makes the portrait look large.

And, speaking as someone who studied MANY photos of Campbell as a teeny-bopper ;) :naughty :eek: - I always thought his head was a bit large for his body anyway. I think the same about Robert Downey, Jr. sometimes - his shoulders are TINY.

So excited about this PF!!!! :banana

And, speaking as someone who studied MANY photos of Campbell as a teeny-bopper ;) :naughty :eek: - I always thought his head was a bit large for his body anyway. I think the same about Robert Downey, Jr. sometimes - his shoulders are TINY.

So excited about this PF!!!! :banana

:lol so im guessing you like it! and im guessing you will be heading to sideshow tomorrow to see it in person! lol Hope Travis doesn't get Jealous :lol

I went ahead and ordered the exclusive as well. I agree with Mike though, and think the EX. should have been something other than a portrait. Same situation with the Indy PF. I have to date, never displayed him without his fedora, and the one time my wife saw me try on the alternate fedora-less portrait she said " hey, they forgot his hat!". I don't see myself displaying this PF without his helmet so I might go for the Reg as well down the line.

An interchangeable left hand w/helmet would've been perfect. :banana

I wonder if there's still time to add-on to this piece.

I am gonna get the regular for hopefully cheaper (e-tailer or ebay). I don't see the need for the EX on this one.
Looks great.

Meh....I remember the movie vaguely as a tot. But I have a feeling there are many more amazing items in the near future that would deserve my dollars more :)

I was really hoping for a Classic Iron Man situation where you'd have a Cliff switch-o-head but also a hand that switches out to hold the actual helmet.

But the left hand in the Fonzie "heyyyy" pose is so perfect...

:duh

I actually see myself displaying the unmasked version and putting the helmet either on the base or right next to him. The EX is a must IMO. Unmasked portrait is just too awesome!

Back