The Official Mark 3 Iron Man 1:2 Scale Maquette with Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had wanted this thing so damn bad... been away for a while. Did they ever do anything about the egg shell casting and shipping issues? I'm guessing they didn't but figured I'd ask, because if they did, Sideshow has $2,000 coming to them...

They improved the shipping methods but that's about it.

I had wanted this thing so damn bad... been away for a while. Did they ever do anything about the egg shell casting and shipping issues? I'm guessing they didn't but figured I'd ask, because if they did, Sideshow has $2,000 coming to them...

If they improve the casting they may keep it hush hush cos of the outcry it may cause with existing owners. They may already be working on that for the new batches :dunno

If they improve the casting they may keep it hush hush cos of the outcry it may cause with existing owners. They may already be working on that for the new batches :dunno

I could only imagine the flames coming from this board if someone gets one broken and the cast his thicker.

Actually it should happen to see all the babies cry.

I could only imagine the flames coming from this board if someone gets one broken and the cast his thicker.

I would video tape myself through the whole mess...get a ticket on a plane for seat for the 1:2 Iron Child, arrive in SF and throw the damn thing through the front glass window.

j/k I don't have this piece. :goodpost:

:lol

Well the likelihood they add thicker cast AND it still breaks...which makes previous batch owners complain.... would be .. :slap

ok latest update.

The Mk III covers the chip completely so that's a relief.

Downside is the faceplate needs work. Well i guess you can say this keeps collecting interesting.

Sideshow can't help me as i got it from a local collector and its past the 30 days since he received it so that's that.

Onto the pictures:

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

ok. better pictures :D

did some sanding and painting. Finally happy :)

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was shipped perfect but I did not realize how thin the casting really is so when I was tightening down the bolts I got a hair line crack in the left foot. I had it fixed and it looks great but you have to be careful with it.

Yeah I figured with all the hate my name seemed to bring, I would change it and just post less and not make as many threads and maybe the haters would layoff and just let people share.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/dyMXYE_50Ts&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/dyMXYE_50Ts&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

Yeah I figured with all the hate my name seemed to bring, I would change it and just post less and not make as many threads and maybe the haters would layoff and just let people share.

Just ignore it for a bit and it'll go away. :wave

Does anyone *cough* Ski *cough* want to buy me this for my birthday? A Paypal "gift" for the full price including shipping would be greatly appreciated. :lol

I still like this piece. I'm excited to see what will come out of this new Marvel 1:2 line.

Back