The Official LOST Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've talked with dashopkinsfan a couple times and it's been mentioned that if/when Hurley gets done the head will sit over the neck. It's really the only way it could be done.

Do you think it's because the curve back in at the elbow? Or are they too thick? They're as thin as I can make them at the wrist. I may have to sand the forearm down a bit at the wrist do it's not as thick....

Thanks for the comments dudes! :)

Not sure,hard to see when the hands/joints are small,But what can you do?Unless you can make a soft rubber suit that can cover the Elbow and wrists,but then again...The Hands would still stay smaller.

if it wasn't for the curves though,it would just look weird with a T-Shirt,so it's necessery.

He definitely needs the thicker forearms... it's just a matter of how to pull it off. Maybe if I taper them a little more, meaning that they'll be thicker by the elbow. Right now they're thickest near the middle of the forearm which I think is contributing to the Popeye look. But now that I'm looking at pics and with your comments you're making me want to try to fatten up his hands too! lol

But thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!!

hurley.jpg

And Allison, here's as 'profile' as I could find (sorry for the size).
617-hurley-jack-29.jpg

He definitely needs the thicker forearms... it's just a matter of how to pull it off. Maybe if I taper them a little more, meaning that they'll be thicker by the elbow. Right now they're thickest near the middle of the forearm which I think is contributing to the Popeye look. But now that I'm looking at pics and with your comments you're making me want to try to fatten up his hands too! lol

Its gonna be difficult to pull off because the joints also need to be fattened too which would be tough unless you got rid of the wrist mobility. Because the way it is now its gonna come to a small taper where the joitns are. The ideal body would be something like the Hot Toys Rocky, but a fat version.

Its gonna be difficult to pull off because the joints also need to be fattened too which would be tough unless you got rid of the wrist mobility. Because the way it is now its gonna come to a small taper where the joitns are. The ideal body would be something like the Hot Toys Rocky, but a fat version.

I was more concerned about the upper part of the forearm, but now you guys are giving me a wrist complex! lol

I think that Hurley may end up wearing a watch and a wrist band... I don't think there's any way to get around the small wrists, unless like you said I sculpt right over them, or do some arm surgery. :gah:

They make Flexible Fimo do they not?

So here's my Hurley as he stands... half naked and headless.

I'm using the fat suit from Urban Samurai's that Allison so graciously helped me out with.

I've dyed the shirt, bulked up the calves and forearms. I'll eventually paint them. The forearms I haven't cured yet as I'm still on the fence about them.

What do you guys think? The forearms I'm not too sure of. As long as the sleeves cover the elbow they look alright I think. A little Popeye-ish. I may pad the upper body a bit to even everything out.

Thoughts?

100_2792.jpg

100_2793.jpg

That looks great! My only worry would be how big the head is in relation to the body.

Thanks Brent! Well there's no head at the moment. I'm passing on Ada's and hoping that dashopkinsfan's sculptor comes through.... eventually. :)

Then perfect! Hopefully the head will come with a sculpted double chin making the body just right!

I think that's the plan. More for the head to sit over the neck than on top of it.

I'm hoping if I pull if the body off well that Hurley will be started after Juliet.

That's season 3 according to this massively thorough thread....

https://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5512&page=3

I have that thread bookmarked for all the great information in it. I go to it often. :)

I thought it might be at first too, but it's not quite the same. Profiles in History actually has Locke's Alice Pack up in a separate lot...

https://www.profilesinhistory.com/items/season-1/lockes-backpack.html

So if it isn't his season one French backpack, at it isn't his season three Alice pack, I wonder where it comes from? It could be any season I guess, maybe they mislabeled it season one?

Yeah, you're right. Completely different coloring. I don't know then. Just a guess then would that it's a pack he used before they found the French for him.

Yeah, you're right. Completely different coloring. I don't know then. Just a guess then would that it's a pack he used before they found the French for him.

My memory is so hazy of the first season I don't even remember when he started carrying a backpack.

My memory is so hazy of the first season I don't even remember when he started carrying a backpack.

Yeah, I haven't watched all of season one since the hiatus between seasons 3 & 4. I've watched the pilot a few times since and skimmed through episodes, but not in their entirety. Sorry dude, I can't help you either (yet). My boxed set is waiting for me on my porch right now...

I'm not convinced that back pack ever made an appearance. I can't find it in any season, perhaps it was just a prop that didn't get used. But it is kinda hard to get a good look in some scenes so I could have missed it.
Personally I would forget about it and go with the Alice pack.

Back