The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Like I said before I like the look of the mask in the H4 poster and has a lot more character and details going on with it in my opinion. But again there are so many interpretations of that mask from the original movie you really can't go wrong with any of the top sculpts out there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Totally agree with everything u said.

:hi5:

Just for the record, that is not a behind-the-scenes picture of Nick Castle wearing the Hero. It's a photo taken by a fan, wearing a replica.

Mark

Oops I uploaded the wrong picture. :slap Don't know what site I even got that fan pic from and actually had my doubts it was an authentic mask, since it looked so different to how it looked in the film as it looked stretched.

Anyway this is the picture from the BTS site.

I assume this pic above is Castle wearing the mask right? :huh

Just like in this pic below is Castle wearing the mask as well?:dunno

Last edited:
The first pic is Nick Castle but I don't think that second one is and like MadBug said that other pic was a fan in a Myers costume.

Here is some behind the scenes with Nick Castle as the Shape pictures -

NickCastle-1.jpg

169169_167962853249611_100001076931976_343719_2871708_o.jpg

169785_167962896582940_6624120_o.jpg

actor-halloween.jpg

170157_167971806582049_2676623_o.jpg

Yes, both of those photos Darkavatar posted are of Castle wearing the Hero. The second picture shows just how much lighting played a part in what we saw on-screen.

Mark

Yes, both of those photos Darkavatar posted are of Castle wearing the Hero. The second picture shows just how much lighting played a part in what we saw on-screen.

Mark

That second pic is a head scratcher for sure. I would have said no. Myers looks like a goof there and it is probably the most least intimidating picture of the H1 mask that I have ever seen.

Yup, lighting made the magic:

halloween_01-thumb-630xauto-34910.jpg

Oh no doubt about that my friend.

I would go as far to say that the lighting used in the movie contributed just as much as the music and all the other stuff that made this an instant classic (it stands at the top of my movie list) but even pics of the Hero mask that I have seen in daylight pictures it looked intimidating, lifeless, soulless but that second pic that DA posted had none of that. It reminded of that scene in H6 when Tommy dupes Myers in the end -

curseofmichaelmyersmask.jpg

The first pic is Nick Castle but I don't think that second one is and like MadBug said that other pic was a fan in a Myers costume.

Here is some behind the scenes with Nick Castle as the Shape pictures -

View attachment 109658

View attachment 109659

View attachment 109660

View attachment 109661

View attachment 109662

Yeah I have seen those before but none of them are very good reference pics of Castle wearing the mask.

Yes, both of those photos Darkavatar posted are of Castle wearing the Hero.

I thought they were, I mean I didn't think a website would lie about having BTS pics of Halloween. Anyway thanks for the confirmation!

:hi5:

The second picture shows just how much lighting played a part in what we saw on-screen.

Mark

Yeah the mask never constantly looked the same on screen, that is why I based the accuracy of the mask from the Halloween 4 cover, which evidently was the reference picture u based your first Myer's sculpt on right Mark?

Last edited:
Someone post the picture of the Hero side by side with one of the stunt masks. I love that pic! And the one with the band (I forget the name) all wearing the masks and playing for everyone. I think the Hero/stunt pic is good reference? I would post it myself but I am on the phone app and it wont let me...

When they refer to a prop as the "Hero" it is the most primary used prop in the picture. There was no less than three masks used in 78 Halloween and maybe as many as 5. The Hero was the one with the smaller eye cuts and was typically used for most of the scenes where The front of the Mask was in shot.

When they refer to a prop as the "Hero" it is the most primary used prop in the picture.

Hmm that's interesting, so that is that a common term that is often used in cinema to describe props?

There was no less than three masks used in 78 Halloween and maybe as many as 5.

Wow really? No wonder the mask never looked the same then.

The Hero was the one with the smaller eye cuts and was typically used for most of the scenes where The front of the Mask was in shot.

Umm ok, so the ideal Myer's mask sculpt would be the one with the smaller eye cuts then?

Yep like JD said the 'Hero' one was the one most used.

Sorry to ask DA but are you using this info because you want a Myers figure and for that Myers figure to be as accurate as possible?

Yep like JD said the 'Hero' one was the one most used.

Sorry to ask DA but are you using this info because you want a Myers figure and for that Myers figure to be as accurate as possible?

Well not really, just very curious as I have never heard of that term Hero used before to describe a prop mask. Nevertheless, I am thinking of kitbashing a Myers figure and have already bought Madbugs sculpt, which has been sent off to a pro to paint it and add real hair. Thus, I am not searching for a perfect Myers sculpt since I feel I have already bought the best one that is available now. ;)

Well not really, just very curious as I have never heard of that term Hero used before to describe a prop mask. Nevertheless, I am thinking of kitbashing a Myers figure and have already bought Madbugs sculpt, which has been sent off to a pro to paint it and add real hair. Thus, I am not searching for a perfect Myers sculpt since I feel I have already bought the best one that is available now. ;)

Oh I see, good luck with the bash. What coveralls are you going to get?

BIB - That is what is so good about this hobby because all the customizers add there own take on the Myers mask and each person always has there own preference when purchasing a Myers figure.

Also are you familiar with the other versions of the H1 mask?

Will someone please post a picture of Ones blackest eyes 2.0 Myers sculpt? Im not sure if I've already seen it or not. Im curious.

I was able to get my hands on Beto and Lu's coveralls that were sewn by their assistants. I also bought Saturday Toys coveralls in beige color from Stiff Richards and I plan to dye it. And another one from hotslayer that was already dyed. Also I ordered one that is custom made from JAKC. You could never get enough of coveralls for Myers. Just never know when one could become available.

I've gotten my hands on a few Myers head sculpts (Caine, MadBug, Beto and Silentkill). Would like to get my hands on the Ones sculpt. I want to collect Myers head sculpts from every one of the sculptors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oh wow! Definitely one of the best. Very accurate on the details there. Thank you Jon for posting the pictures. Obviously I missed out on this one. D**n. Unless is there a chance I could get one?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back