The new positive GI JOE thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Most of the character relationships are intact, though some have been changed as well. SPOILER As of the previous script draft, Scarlett is involved with Ripcord, and Baroness was Duke's fiancee until 'something' happened. END SPOILER]

WTF?? Why? What is with all this interracial stuff in movies, is not that widespread of a thing for people to do.

Are they going to jump on another trend and have a token queer guy as well?

WTF?? Why? What is with all this interracial stuff in movies, is not that widespread of a thing for people to do.

Are they going to jump on another trend and have a token queer guy as well?

*Shrugs* I'm surprised with it as well. I thought they would go with SPOILER Duke, not Ripcord. END SPOILER

just found this comic, it's related, and it made me laugh.

20070330growup.png

At least that OTHER ^^^^ing annoying twat from third rock from the sun isn't in it!

I actually like Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He was the ^^^^ in "Brick" and "The Lookout"! I can't wait for him to be Akira. He should actually do a good job for that. He seems all moody and ^^^^in' emo.

I just can't see him as Cobra Commnader. Maybe, but I don't think so.

Damn and I just check out IMDB and they say G.I. Joe is already in post. Christ.

At least that OTHER ^^^^ing annoying twat from third rock from the sun isn't in it!

CASTING EXCLUSIVE/SPOILER...

Here's SERPENTOR (as he appears at the end of the movie)... Don't scroll down if you want to have the surprise ruined...

Frenchstewart.jpg

Allow me to clear up a couple of misconceptions:
-Yes, it's no longer a fully American team and instead a UN-founded team, but from what I heard with the US at it's core. The entire team and the Pit is set in the US as well, and only a few members are non-American. Why they did this? To avoid extreme American flagwaving and "We can do whatever we want in other countries", two things which would not go over well internationally. Let's face it, the US isn't exactly popular this decade, and the US market alone will NOT be able to sustain this movie, with which they're counting on $400 million+ instead of, say, $150-200 million (capitalism, it's a double bladed sword). And who knows, it might work: Action Force (the British version of GI Joe ARAH) did too, after all.

-Latino Review also posted a second script review, one that he was MUCH more enthusiastic about, and which was MUCH closer to the original cartoon.

-Destro WILL have his iron mask; it's just not used all the time.

-Cool Dude (appearantly Destro :monkey4) and Action Man have been kicked out by Hasbro after the first abysmal script draft. It was also Hasbro who demanded it to be more like the original show.

-It is set 10 years in the future, hence the weird armors the Joes have. This was decided upon so that most of the old vehicles and laserweapons could be in it, but updated. They wanted to stay close to the cartoon with this one.

-All the vehicles are INSTANTLY recognizeable. One of the reasons why they went with a slight sci-fi angle. No reported Hiss Tanks though. Whether that's because they don't appear or just haven't been revealed yet is unknown (list of reported vehicles is in here: https://www.hisstank.com/forum/showpost.php?p=64379&postcount=2)

-Larry Hama, the writer who basically thought up everything about RAH, is heavily involved with the script, and the actual script writer is supposed to be good as well.

-Cobra Commander will, from what I heard, always be hooded, and not make full appearances. Instead he's the "Unseen Big Bad", who supposedly only appears when conversing with Destro. Think Star Wars: Destro is Darth Vader, and Cobra Commander is a more badass Emperor.

-Most of the character relationships are intact, though some have been changed as well. SPOILER As of the previous script draft, Scarlett is involved with Ripcord, and Baroness was Duke's fiancee until 'something' happened. END SPOILER

I hope that cleared up some things. BUT I have to admit that I am VERY dreadfull of this movie. The costumes look generic and crappy, I'm not fond of the idea of laser weapons (the slight sci-fi angle I don't mind since it allows the cartoon/comic stuff to be in it), Lorenzo BiNoventura is a pig and a hack producer (he's the one behind Bat nipples, and didn't want Autobots or speaking robots in the Transformer movie!) and the director...Well...The Mummy and Van Helsing say enough about him, really. Not to mention some weird/stupid casting choices. Looks like this movie can go both ways, since it has both good and bad things going against it...I'm hoping it will be good, the Joe fans deserve it. But Sommers has me fearing the worst, alas...

EDIT: Fan review of the leaked script. https://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7723

this surely sounds like a New World Order funded project...UN Soldiers on our soil! Set 10 years into the future with joes wearing "all black" ready to SWAT the innocent. Sure, lets not have anything to do with America and make them (joes) "non-american" to brainwash the public some more to accept foreign troops on our american soil.This whole idea is pure crap and Hollywood is doing a great job mind controlling the (masses) people! bravo!

G.I. JUNK!!!!

this surely sounds like a New World Order funded project...UN Soldiers on our soil! Set 10 years into the future with joes wearing "all black" ready to SWAT the innocent. Sure, lets not have anything to do with America and make them (joes) "non-american" to brainwash the public some more to accept foreign troops on our american soil.This whole idea is pure crap and Hollywood is doing a great job mind controlling the (masses) people! bravo!

G.I. JUNK!!!!

:rotfl:sick:rotfl Look out... Here come the Canadians.:angrycanu:devil:angrycanu Booga booga.

Back