The New(er) iPad thread. Now with iPad Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Apple Tablet "The iPad"

Our OG iPad has some minor scratches from the kids. Definitely getting a screen protector for this one.

Can anyone recommend a good case? I'm assuming the new iPad is the same dimensions as the iPad 2? I prefer first party products. I have the Apple iPad case for the OG iPad, but I don't like the fact that the new Apple Smart cover only covers the newer iPad's screen. I'd prefer to have the entire thing covered.

Last edited:

Thinking of picking up one of these new iPads. I love the tactile feedback of a keyboard though. Would I be able to hook one up? I do tons of writing for school and work. Maybe I'd be better off waiting for a Retina display on a Macbook... Decisions, decisions :lol

Get a wireless keyboard. I have one for my iPad and it's awesome, same feel as the standards (obviously) but it responds and moves quick on the iPad. I use that if I have to actually really type out or go on forums like this where the touchpad gets a bit annoying and I love it.

I'm weird. I use ghost armor on the back and just the smart cover for the front. I don't like the feel of any protectors and I've tried them all.

Get a wireless keyboard. I have one for my iPad and it's awesome, same feel as the standards (obviously) but it responds and moves quick on the iPad. I use that if I have to actually really type out or go on forums like this where the touchpad gets a bit annoying and I love it.

Or better yet just talk it out. :rock

Well for those of you with the fancy smancy one....(jealous...) I have to wait until my contract settles before I get my hands on my funny money to get one.

I'm reading reports of backlight bleeding again on the new iPad....anyone here confirm this?

I'll return mine if I have problems with that. I bought the iPad 2 on release day and the light bleeding was bad enough that I returned it the next morning. I do use the iPad to watch videos, and the first thing I saw that night watching a movie was a lot of light bleeding in from the edges in multiple places. If I pay $650 for a device like this, I don't want it to only look good with the brightness at 50% and the bedroom light on.

Is there a way to stop it from pushing old emails? Also is there a way to delete the entire box versus manually deleting them one by one? :monkey4

Sorry I thought you were picking one up. :(:slap

Contract delays. :(

Is there a way to stop it from pushing old emails? Also is there a way to delete the entire box versus manually deleting them one by one? :monkey4

Through settings you can adjust the push and delete out the entire email address which will take out the box. Is that what you mean?

I also wish you could delete multiple pictures at once. Clearing hundreds of pictures out one at a time is tedious. Unless you connect your post-PC product up to your PC and do it that way.

Contract delays. :(

Through settings you can adjust the push and delete out the entire email address which will take out the box. Is that what you mean?

I guess that's one way. Was looking for a "select all" option.

Someone earlier was asking if anybody could use the dictation feature on the iPad three. I'm using it right now and I usedearlier to send a PM it keeps up with you pretty good.

Someone earlier was asking if anybody could use the dictation feature on the iPad three. I'm using it right now and I usedearlier to send a PM it keeps up with you pretty good.

It's not perfect but it's pretty darn close.

Lol. Bought the 16gig 4g today thought it looked a little darker. The brightness was turned way down for some reason. All good now.

Back