The New(er) iPad thread. Now with iPad Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Apple Tablet "The iPad"

Let me be blunt. Zagg's is horrible. The only reason they are still in business I believe is because they are one of the few shield makers in stores. Zagg's is rubbery to the touch and has a orange peel effect that just seems off. Zagg's can also be a challenge to install.

Ghost Armor is smooth to the touch and once it sets it's crystal clear. It's also easier to install than Zagg's.

Here is a link with a more detailed comparison.

https://www.ievolution.ca/iphone/top-dog-–-zagg-vs-ghost-armor/#

Zagg is awful so how does it stack up against other quality items like the SGP store stuff?

Zagg is awful so how does it stack up against other quality items like the SGP store stuff?

The sgp stuff is nice if you can install it properly. I've had a hell of a time installing them on iPhones. Put a couple on droid xs and they worked great. So I would say ghost armor is easier to install. It also stays on a lot better.

I wanted to get one of these for my wife for her birthday but here in Atlanta it's damn near impossible without waiting 3-5 weeks. I had a buddy of mine in the IT field call some of his business contacts and a supplier of his out west is getting 100 of them in this week and only 63 were spoken for so I was able to land one. So if anyone is looking for some think outside the box and contact business suppliers. If anyone wants the contact info of the guy I used shoot me a pm.

I also ordered a case from Makr, and I just wanted to plug them real quick. It's where I get my wallets and I can't recommend their quality enough. They are expensive but they are one of the few small tannery's left in the country and I'm a big believer in supporting small business so check them out if you're interested in some rustic leather goods.
www.makr.com

Badmoon, do you mind commenting on the installation of the Ghost Armor? I know you said it was simple, but I was just reading the instructions because I was thinking about trying it out and it seems much more complicated than something like the SGP where you just peel and lay it down.

Badmoon, do you mind commenting on the installation of the Ghost Armor? I know you said it was simple, but I was just reading the instructions because I was thinking about trying it out and it seems much more complicated than something like the SGP where you just peel and lay it down.

Basically you clean the device. You then make a solution of about 12 ounces of luke warm water and dishwasher soap. You put the water in a bowl first and then about 6 drops of the soap. Stir it around with your finger. Then you dip the protector in the bowl. SOAK IT really well. Make sure you turn your device off when you are ready to apply. Then position it on the ipad until you have it straight. Next take the cloth they give you and put a credit card in it. Smooth out the air bubbles. Once it's on there pretty good let it sit for an hour. The sides and corners won't be completely on. When you come back to it press them firmly into place.

Thats about it. :yess:

Moon...where did you order your Blade bumper from? Do they come in black? Thanks....

Yes they come in black. They are a Korean made company and you can only buy them off of Ebay. Which sucks! Because I'm not sure I bought from a legit person. Although their feedback looks good. Here is who I bought from. I won't recommend them though until I have it in hand for sure. :peace

https://cgi.ebay.com/BLADE-METAL-CA...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=8185427592832536150

Basically you clean the device. You then make a solution of about 12 ounces of luke warm water and dishwasher soap. You put the water in a bowl first and then about 6 drops of the soap. Stir it around with your finger. Then you dip the protector in the bowl. SOAK IT really well. Make sure you turn your device off when you are ready to apply. Then position it on the ipad until you have it straight. Next take the cloth they give you and put a credit card in it. Smooth out the air bubbles. Once it's on there pretty good let it sit for an hour. The sides and corners won't be completely on. When you come back to it press them firmly into place.

Thats about it. :yess:

Cheesus crust! Whatever happened to a peel and stick! Oh well, I already bought it so I'll have to make it work.

Cheesus crust! Whatever happened to a peel and stick! Oh well, I already bought it so I'll have to make it work.

It will work. One more thing since you bought it and I forgot. You may have blotches show up after the install. Its the soap evaporating. It will go away in about 24 hours.

I'll let you know how it works in a few weeks when I give all this to my wife. You got any list or a good site that lists the best apps for apple stuff?

I'll let you know how it works in a few weeks when I give all this to my wife. You got any list or a good site that lists the best apps for apple stuff?

I will post some tomorrow for you. If you google it though it should be a good start.

Thanks Badmoon. I think I'm gonna get some Ghost Armor. I got an invisible shield on my iPhone and I am not happy with it, it sucks ass.

Also, be honest with me. Does your iPad2 suffer from backlight bleeding, and does it bother you at all?

Sure does. However, it is no more than the iPad 1 that I had bought and returned. It's just a little bit. But no it doesn't bother me. I have seen some online that would. Mine is good though. Mine looks no different then an LCD TV would in total darkness with brightness turned all the way up. If I think about it, I will try to post a pic tonight of it.

To be honest what bothers me more is the actual quality of the screen. After going from the iPhone 4 and iMac the screen sucks to be honest. But it gets the job done. I would like to see them upgrade that for the 3.

I know this is a longshot, but I'm posting anyway. If any of you Freaks stumble across somebody willing to sell a WWDC ticket or two, send him/her my way. I'm watching eBay, but I'm also trying to not spend 4X the cost of the ticket. :slap

I know this is a longshot, but I'm posting anyway. If any of you Freaks stumble across somebody willing to sell a WWDC ticket or two, send him/her my way. I'm watching eBay, but I'm also trying to not spend 4X the cost of the ticket. :slap

Yeah they sold out quick this year! :horror

Just installed the ghost armor. What a ____ing process. While the back is alright I've got an email out to see if I can return the screen protector for the front. Pretty retarded the steps you have to go through to apply it and it had a little white speck or scratch right dead in the center on the inside of it. I was hoping I could apply it and not be bothered by it but it's bugging the ____ out of me. I think I'll be sticking with the SGP. At least for the front.

believe it or not but I'm still waiting on one I have reserved from my local Best Buy. I reserved one the day after launch and I'm still 4th on the list when I checked the other day. Is is worth the wait guys???

believe it or not but I'm still waiting on one I have reserved from my local Best Buy. I reserved one the day after launch and I'm still 4th on the list when I checked the other day. Is is worth the wait guys???

Uhhhhhhhh. Why are you still waiting?! That's ridiculous. Apple is quoting 1-2 weeks to arrive at your door. Cancel the best buy reservation and just get one from Apple.

Back