The Most Valuable Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Babe Ruth thing is stupid to me. I guess they just went into the factory, picked random figures off the assembly line, repainted them by hand, stuck them back on the line, and voila. Nothing special about them except they are minor repaints and exist in small numbers. They were explicitly made rare for the purpose of being a marketing gimmick. Usually I'll defend the value of just about anything, but it's just dumb to me that those are worth so much. Of course, all you need is one guy out there willing to pay so much to give it that "value."

Damn it, Yak Face was all over the shelves here in Australia for years afterwards because no one wanted such an obscure figure!

I could have had a Yak Face financed retirement :D :D

I have some old toys and video games that I never threw away in the hopes they may be worth something someday. Hopefully I get lucky and one of them hits the jackpot. :)

Had two Darths with working light saber, stretch Batman and vinyl jawa along with a slew of other vintage toys... I was born in 72. Played with them and enjoyed them with my friends. Worth millions to me in memories.

Damn it, Yak Face was all over the shelves here in Australia for years afterwards because no one wanted such an obscure figure!

I could have had a Yak Face financed retirement :D :D

if only we had a time machine. good memory for even remembering that far back though.

I remember back in the '90s the Ideal Captain Action Spiderman set from 1967 had a Mint-in-box value of $10,000 placed on it by "Action figure news and toy review".

Back