The most meh figures of 2012.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Snake-Eyes (Boring, awful, yawn)
2. DX T-800 (should be a 2-in-1 with BD version)
3. Clone Commander Ganch (Who?)
4. Clone Commander Neyo (No Speederbike)

Not boring, from the greatest sci-fi sequel of all time and a much needed upgrade which will display better with DX13.

I never bought the COOModel accessories and glad i didn't because they are not as film accurate as the ones included with DX10.

ESB?
Aliens?
Mad Max 2?

I loved T2 in its day, but watching it today it's a bit hard wading through some scenes...

I think real fans love the DX10 because it's seen as a good sculpt upgrade but casual fans and everyone else were pretty meh about it I thought.

Not boring, from the greatest sci-fi sequel of all time and a much needed upgrade which will display better with DX13.

I never bought the COOModel accessories and glad i didn't because they are not as film accurate as the ones included with DX10.
My point is I think you put the source material to the side for this question.

Many of the pics posted of the DX10 are not doing the sculpt much justice due to poor lighting condition, you really need to have it in hand to appreciate how much better it is then the MMS.

DX10 easily should be up for figure of the year, right below DX08 and 09.

You SAID it.INCREDIBLE figure- don't get it why anyone who said it was MEH unless they are not Terminator fans:slap

ESB?
Aliens?
Mad Max 2?

I loved T2 in its day, but watching it today it's a bit hard wading through some scenes...

I think real fans love the DX10 because it's seen as a good sculpt upgrade but casual fans and everyone else were pretty meh about it I thought.

Ok, Empire might edge out T2 for me but, T2 was more deep and dark, more my style so it held up more for me on repeat viewings.

My point is I think you put the source material to the side for this question.

My initial post in reply was to address how pics of the head sculpt has decieved many on here, sure it is a boring figure if you are not a big fan of the movie/character but, i am glad it was done and we got more Terminator figures on the way which is great.

I would go on to say that most of the Marvel figures Hot Toys are doing are very boring, yes even Iron Monger..my opinion of course...think i might pass on all the Avengers figures except Loki.

The figures that didn't suck but weren't anything special.

1. HT - Nick Fury
2. Enterbay - MIB
3. HT - Red Skull
4. Hot Toys - Hawkeye
5. Sideshow - Cantina Band Members

i'd replace red skull with avatard jake. :lol
red skull has good shelf presence.
DSC_3044.jpg
[/IMG]

Its has to be DX10 Terminator in 2012 doesn't it ?
A rehash that looks worse than the original and immediately one upped by the same company with a much much better battle damaged version.

2. DX T-800 (should be a 2-in-1 with BD version)

That to me would be asking for a heavily compromised figure that isn't capable of achieving any one look to a sufficient degree of satisfaction. And you certainly wouldn't have gotten that cool liquid metal T-1000.

Its has to be DX10 Terminator in 2012 doesn't it ?
A rehash that looks worse than the original and immediately one upped by the same company with a much much better battle damaged version.

352ro07.gif

Last edited:

My comment shouldn't come as a surprise.
I'm not the first one to say it.
Hot Toys have dramatically upped their game over the last 3 years but this new sculpt is awful, most likely due to the eye system.

My comment shouldn't come as a surprise.
I'm not the first one to say it.
Hot Toys have dramatically upped their game over the last 3 years but this new sculpt is awful, most likely due to the eye system.

If that's awful, I hope all of their future sculpts look as bad.

Back