the MASK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus Toys is a website, its their website, you could have ordered direct from them. :slap

You can smack your head all you want, until your bruise your head if you want.

I wasn't aware they had a website. All I saw were links to ebay auctions and the Asmus email. Then I saw the smgcustoms link. It was the most legitimat source. I've never even heard of Asmus Toys until now.

I have to say...that I am honestly disheartened with what has become of these. I do have a batch of them on order and have been promised time after time when these would arrive.
I understand there was an unforseen issue of damages that happened with the first shipment to some of the overseas vendors and that their stock would get resent ASAP. Well..that trickles down to me and the other USA vendors unfortunately.
I was told that I would have mine finally here in March..but last time in January is when the damage happened with the shipment ASMUS had when they sent their stocks out.

I hope this unfortunate situation isnt a reflection on my website as a whole. I pry myself in doing my best to accomodate my customers as much as I can. If ASMUS toys can speak on the current status of their shipments to alll of the vendors that have outstanding orders, that would help greatly with this situation.

I will send another email to my supplier and see what the heck is going on.
I hate to lose your orders with this item but if you would rather purchase direct or from a source who has them right now, I will understand.
I leave it up to you.
Thanks and if I hear any further.. I will let everyone know.

SMCG

I have to say...that I am honestly disheartened with what has become of these. I do have a batch of them on order and have been promised time after time when these would arrive.
I understand there was an unforseen issue of damages that happened with the first shipment to some of the overseas vendors and that their stock would get resent ASAP. Well..that trickles down to me and the other USA vendors unfortunately.
I was told that I would have mine finally here in March..but last time in January is when the damage happened with the shipment ASMUS had when they sent their stocks out.

I hope this unfortunate situation isnt a reflection on my website as a whole. I pry myself in doing my best to accomodate my customers as much as I can. If ASMUS toys can speak on the current status of their shipments to alll of the vendors that have outstanding orders, that would help greatly with this situation.

I will send another email to my supplier and see what the heck is going on.
I hate to lose your orders with this item but if you would rather purchase direct or from a source who has them right now, I will understand.
I leave it up to you.
Thanks and if I hear any further.. I will let everyone know.

SMCG

I don't blame you at all. This whole thing is a disaster. The fact that you're actually refunding my dad right away is amazing. It's not your fault.

But, I do want to get this figure as soon as possible, so I have to order directly...

I like the clothes and the accessories but the headsculpt could have been better in my opinion!

Finally recieved this after ordering it directly from Asmus.

The body is really cheap, and the right wrist peg broke off after I tried to remove the hand, and the extra hands don't even match the body!

The shirt reveals the body when you push the arms up (the arms don't function well), so I had to replace it with a Harvey Dent shirt, which wasn't much better.

The mask is too big, and a piece was chipped off.

The hat is made of a hard material, and doesn't fit well, so I need to put padding in it.

Milo is painted pretty poorly, but his Maskified head is done well.

So basically I'm going to have to order a new body, probably a new shirt, and search for some nice hands.

Other than that though, the clothes, HS+paint, the box, and the number of accessories are good.

I am pretty content with the figure, but I don't think I will be ordering from asmus anymore.

Pictures coming soon (maybe.)

I ordered direct from Asmus in early March. After a couple of weeks of trying to find out if they had shipped my figure, they claimed that the figure had accidently been sent by "boat" and it would reach me in early May.

:slap

They did offer either a refund of the shipping cost if I wanted to keep the figure when it arrived or a full refund if I were to send the figure back.

Just got my tracking from abc-express. It's slow process considering the shipping breakage disaster but I rather get it from a refutable dealer.

P1010018.jpg

Finally took pics of mine...he is on a TTL body light skinned.

I just got mine today from Toys2.

I've only messed around with it for little while.

It's ok but not great.

The body is loose and the arms have great diffculty posing. The extra hands are coloured diffrently from the body and the pair of hands the figure comes with wearing. The extra hands have trouble staying on the wrist pegs. The mallet is super heavy!!! Good luck trying to keep his arms up with such a heavy heavy acessorie. I don't know what that mallet is made of but it fels like it weights at least 12oz:horror

There is some good though. The outfit is decent. The HS is nice (even though my head came to me disatched) The acessores are nice. I really like the money bags. But the crowning achevment was milio. He looks great and his head swaps by magnets! That's super cool! I love how easy it is to swap heads. The use of magnets is a really high end sort of thing to utlise. I love it!

I paid $125.00 for this but it's more worth $90. If you can get it cheap than it's not a bad deal but if you start to pay more than I did your getting ripped off.

I've been working with the stock body. Well not that great you can work with it. If you strapped for cash you can make do. If you got some green to spare def upgrade.

Here is a pose I really liked on the stock body:

Maskpimpingitup.jpg

I'm still waiting for my order to process at my vendor. They said it'd arrive at theirs around february. It's may now. Is it worth the wait or shall I just cancel the order? The feedback I've seen for this product don't look overwhelmingly positive.

Cancel if you ask me. I was really disappointed in this figure.
Was so pumped to get awesome Mask figure that pre-ordered two myself :lol
But when I opened up the box and saw figure in person I immediately packed it back & sold it. Paint apps are bad (worse than that of the prototype) & it's not just about overall quality, defects also here & there (both of my Milo figures had broken ear + other small imperfections).
Even with the fact that this figure is not that expensive it's not worth those 120-150$ that you will have to pay for it shipped. The only thing that I really enjoyed is that oversized hammer. But it's not enough in this case.
That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I like it, I have to say, not as cool as Ace Ventura but its such an odd release, it is a lot of fun (but a bit flimsy).

Well if you consider yourself a "The Mask" fan, this probably will be the only 1/6 figure that will be made of him, so buy. If you're not a fan and a nitpicker when it comes to quality then you could pass and buy a hot toys figure.

Back