The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's 3 for 3 for me.....I absolutely love this show. Today's episode was just as good as previous eps. Maybe not super surprising; a bit formulaic, but still thoroughly entertaining.

And look...it was directed by a woman! And here I am saying she did a fantastic job and I loved it! I'm such a terrible misogynist, aren't I?

So one non-spoilery detail that bothered me.....

The Doctor character....he' wearing regular old Earth style sunglasses. Is this the first time we've seen actual "spectacles" in Star Wars? Kinda took me out of things for a moment, wondering why he wasn't wearing goggles or just floating lenses or something. Like that little fat girl in Phantom Menace that had braces. On Tattooine. She had BRACES on her teeth. Man, that pissed me off when I saw it.

So...spoilery....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, it's 3 for 3 for me.....I absolutely love this show. Today's episode was just as good as previous eps. Maybe not super surprising; a bit formulaic, but still thoroughly entertaining.

And look...it was directed by a woman! And here I am saying she did a fantastic job and I loved it! I'm such a terrible misogynist, aren't I?

So one non-spoilery detail that bothered me.....

The Doctor character....he' wearing regular old Earth style sunglasses. Is this the first time we've seen actual "spectacles" in Star Wars? Kinda took me out of things for a moment, wondering why he wasn't wearing goggles or just floating lenses or something. Like that little fat girl in Phantom Menace that had braces. On Tattooine. She had BRACES on her teeth. Man, that pissed me off when I saw it.

So...spoilery....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Even sounded like him...had to be.

Ep3 solid as expected :clap. Some fan fictiony feeling bits at the end to be honest, but too awesome to make you too cynical about it.

I continue to be really impressed with this show! To be honest I thought the asset was going to do something crazy at the end, I was relieved how it all turned out. The show is just way too cool to nitpick!

This keeps getting better for me. As mentioned above, the climax to the end scene was a bit predictable, but that didn't make it any less awesome. I nearly got up and cheered when it happened.

I actually *didn't* see a couple of beats coming, so it was fun to be surprised. Had I been thinking about it maybe, but the show enables full suspension of disbelief and encourages immersion.

This is how you use a formula -- or to go back to something I said earlier somewhere -- this is how you make a really good wheel.

I actually smiled when the credits rolled. It really does feel like they went back to an older style of episodic storytelling and they're nailing it.

Nice to finally see what all those weapons can do. Actually felt bad for some of those guys. :panic:

This keeps getting better for me. As mentioned above, the climax to the end scene was a bit predictable, but that didn't make it any less awesome. I nearly got up and cheered when it happened.

What gets me is how much I care for Baby Yoda. Care more about him/her than any of the ST characters and I've only seen him for like a few minutes....

HOLY **** DID I JUST WATCH A

Spoiler Spoiler:

:thud:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Baby Yoda really is a shaved Mogwai though. He even makes the same cooing noises as Gizmo.

I still love him.

Baby Yoda really is a shaved Mogwai though. He even makes the same cooing noises as Gizmo.

I still love him.

Get ready for all the plush toys to hit holiday stores like it's 1984 again. Don't care, baby Yoda is almost as likable as Gizmo.

Great series, and I'm not even a fan of Fett. This is the Star Wars I was waiting for. Cool main character, that has his own flaws and makes believable mistakes, an excellent story so far, and really good background characters in all episodes, Kuiil, Jawas, Herzog's Imperial character, IG-11, Carl Weather's character and of course Baby Yoda (or Baby of whatever species Yoda is LOL). Give me Mando instead of any Sequel they keep trying to make. I have spoken

The bond I felt between a cooing baby that only communicates with their eyes and ears and a person that has their freaking face covered is out of the world strong.

That is freaking unbelievable.

I?m a grown ass big gruffy bearded man and I need that cute thing on my shelf next to his surrogate papa lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back