The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ok, instead of political discussions, which I actually enjoy even with boardies from the other end of the spectrum....

I offer the following.

If he can move stuff, what can he move of Yaddles?

tenor.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Are you asking if it's harrassment or assault to "force" pat the opposite sex on the arse...etc?

Does the Jedi council have an HR department?

I know it wasn?t technically correct, yes. But also, you need to understand that we are not all Americans or have English as our first language. In this part of the world ?right wing? and populism goes hand in hand - even if technically incorrect. Liberal is also used very differently here as term for a capitalist ideology.
But yes I know it would be correct using populism here (even if MH does go after the right wing and not so much the left).
And no, there?s absolutely nothing at all wrong with wanting equality and caring for the environment. I admire both MH and HF for that - as I said. That was my main point in the discussion I had. ...but if you really mean that I just didn?t see it in your posts about KK and I don?t know why you went after me and not the person who openly claimed ?men are better than women, period?... Lucasfilm may have a woman in lead, but they still have male directors and at least as many men as women in leads. Definitely closer to equal than before Disney took over. It?s also understandable that there?s a lot of time to make up for and it?s time for a more female agenda to outweigh a heavily male based storyline. Might all turn out more equally - hope so.
...but whatever. Once again I regret getting into a ?political? discussion here. I?ll go back and talk about the SSC Rancor.

Well, to be fair, right wing and left wing are French terms dating back to the aftermath of the Revolution and it's pretty clear what they meant, and mean.

All your point reveals is that media has tarred conservatives by associating "right" with "far right" - and this is a global phenomenon. The intention is to associate holding conservative views with extremism - demonizing conservatives - which is despicable. Populism is just as much a left phenomenon as it is right (hello Hugo and Nicolas...,) but you'd never know that watching the media.

It's hard not to get into political discussions because SW has become overtly political - both in the movies themselves (subtext and text) and the people who surround them - actors, directors, producers etc are very much political when discussing them. In that context, how can you fully discuss these movies without getting political?

When RJ complains about far-right bots and misogynists being responsible for the hate against TLJ, then includes that as a theme in "Knives Out." This is very much real, not perception - he said it.

It's a question for the mods to ponder - keeping politics out of it dates back to a time when big studio movies (and the people who make them) weren't overtly political. They very much are now, and in overlapping ways.

Well, to be fair, right wing and left wing are French terms dating back to the aftermath of the Revolution and it's pretty clear what they meant, and mean.

All your point reveals is that media has tarred conservatives by associating "right" with "far right" - and this is a global phenomenon. The intention is to associate holding conservative views with extremism - demonizing conservatives - which is despicable. Populism is just as much a left phenomenon as it is right (hello Hugo and Nicolas...,) but you'd never know that watching the media.

It's hard not to get into political discussions because SW has become overtly political - both in the movies themselves (subtext and text) and the people who surround them - actors, directors, producers etc are very much political when discussing them. In that context, how can you fully discuss these movies without getting political?

It's a question for the mods to ponder - keeping politics out of it dates back to a time when big studio movies (and the people who make them) weren't overtly political. They very much are now, and in overlapping ways.

...dammit, you quoted my comment before I deleted it.
in my country it?s just as much the political parties themselves using the terms that way. Not just the media. The party that claims to be the furthest right wing party in our parliament is purely a populist party. Their economic policies for instance is not right wing at all - especially seen from an US perspective. That doesn?t make it correct, I know.

...dammit, you quoted my comment before I deleted it.
in my country it?s just as much the political parties themselves using the terms that way. Not just the media. The party that claims to be the furthest right wing party in our parliament is purely a populist party. Their economic policies for instance is not right wing at all - especially seen from an US perspective. That doesn?t make it correct, I know.

Well, in Denmark it's a bit more complex - the left adopted parts of the policies (esp immigration, integration etc) of the right to consolidate power, muddying the waters between "left" and "right" so I can see how people could get confused.:lol That had rarely happened to that degree in Western countries, but will happen more - it'll become a template.

This is what happens when you drip feed us a show on a streaming service, shame on you disney.

Yeah, I can understand why they did it but it's certainly an odd choice in the streaming era.

I admit that the weekly release is making me appreciate the show even more. I soak up every frame. Everything is just gorgeous. I nearly look forward to the end credits art more than the episode itself.

My fear is what happens when the female character is introduced....

And shes more competent than Mando...

My fear is what happens when the female character is introduced....

And shes more competent than Mando...

It?s possible.

But at least she *looks* physically capable.

I can?t bear to see any more wee lasses smacking large men around.

There *are* skilled and powerful female fighters that can take on many men in real life, but they?re not wee lasses.

There were women I trained with that could actually light you up and break your bones ? of course they?re around ...and some that were superior technically but that literally bounced off me in sparring sessions, and I?m not a big guy.

Physics ? and sexual dimorphism within our species ? are real things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must not like Maggie Q then.

I like her, and she's convincing when she throws a punch... but I'm pretty sure even I could take her in a fight. I'd love to try.

Back